collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help...unsure how to find my ponies **Update...still not in.  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

Recently (as in at the end of May) I purchased two blind bag ponies (from two different sellers) both in Germany. The first pony, Royal Riff, was supposed to be in on or before 6/12. It's now 6/19 and I PM'd the seller on eBay explaining that I had not yet left feedback because the item wasn't in yet. I asked when the seller had sent out the package and s/he said that the package had been posted on June 1. They asked if possibly the package was held up in customs. The main issue is that due to finances I paid the lowest shipping rate which did not come with a tracking number. (This holds for both items.) The thing is, I have no idea what to do now. I'm not sure how to find out where this package is because it has no number. I don't blame the seller but I have never lost a package from abroad before. I'm East Coast USA. Is there even a way to find out if this package is waiting in customs?? Without a number I have no idea how to find it, and I also have no idea who/where to call! I'm really kind of distraught because these two ponies, the second being Twilight Sky, were ones I really wanted and I spent about 30$ between the two of them! The Twilight Sky was supposed to be here by today and hasn't arrived yet either. I'm concerned if both are stuck somewhere. Is there anything I can do or somewhere I can call?? I basically have no idea where these packages could be! I'm pretty upset because I decided to splurge on these two ponies since their designs have special meaning for me. Should I just keep waiting, or can I do anything?? Are they likely lost??  :yikes:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:49:17 AM by Heliodor »

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help...unsure how to find my ponies
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 02:17:51 PM »
The U.S doesn't have customs. Try calling your post office and see if they have any packages for you. Honestly, It hasn't been all that long and international mail can take a while.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 02:19:05 PM »
I have heard from several people that the german post overseas is really slow at the moment. Sometimes taking between 2 and 4 weeks before packages arrive.
Don't know if that is the case with you but it could be.
As far as I know in my country if you don't have a track number tjey can't do anything for you even when you call them.  :(
I advice that you just wait and keep an eye on you 45 days limit if you paid with paypal. I think you can't do anything else right now.
I really hope they will arrive and it is just due the slow post in germany.
Please update us on her.  ^.^

For now I can only give you pony hugs :hug:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 07:02:55 PM »
The US most certainly does have a customs department.  Which all packages coming from abroad go through.  And yes items can be caught up there.

Heliodor, I would not panic yet.  Ebay gives an estimate but they have no idea how long it will take for overseas packages.  It can take up until a month in some cases. 

If your seller has kept good communication with you and assured you it was sent, I am sure she sent it.  I know when I first started ordering things from abroad I was amazed at how long it took in some cases.  I had some items arrive in a week and I have had others get caught up in customs(New York to be exact) for weeks with a tracking number.

I would give it a little more time but just make sure that 45 day Paypal deadline does not pass you by to open a claim.

:hug: because I know that it can start to get worrisome.  Just give it a bit more time.  And very rarely does a package go missing, if that makes you feel better.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Binkyfinder

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Binkyfinders-Toy-Chest_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:27:08 PM »

:hug: because I know that it can start to get worrisome.  Just give it a bit more time.  And very rarely does a package go missing, if that makes you feel better.

It's true that packages rarely go missing.  I think I can count on my hands how many times something has gone missing permanently out of mailing a couple thousand packages.

If it is any reassurance, I've purchased ponies from Germany before that have taken 2 months to arrive.  Some ponies that I purchased from Spain last winter took 4 months.   As far as I know, the post office can't do all that much to locate an international package without a tracking number. 

I hope that you receive them soon.

Thanks Baby Paradise for the siggy!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »
The U.S doesn't have customs. Try calling your post office and see if they have any packages for you. Honestly, It hasn't been all that long and international mail can take a while.

Of course we have customs...Why would you think otherwise?

To the op, it hasn't been long at all to wait for a package from Germany. Just keep waiting and don't worry. I wouldn't bother the seller either. Not much they can do.

Also, your packages wasn't "supposed" to be there June 12th. Those are just estimates. And very very very poorly thought out estimates. They mean nothing and I'm starting to think that having those estimates up on Ebay do more harm than good.

When it comes to international shipping you really shouldn't ring any bells until at least a month has passed.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
Keep an eye on your 45 day dispute deadline with Paypal, but don't start even being concerned about a package unless it's over a month late, like others have said.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 08:29:22 AM »
Thanks everyone, I emailed the seller and let them know I will just keep an eye on the post for this package (and the other package). I think in future I'm just going to want to make sure I have some money to pay for the insurance so I don't have to worry about this! I hope they come soon...I'll keep you all updated!!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 11:59:14 AM »
I hope they do too. Best of luck!

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 04:48:54 AM »
Hi everyone, the ponies still haven't arrived. I think today has been 45 days from when the seller shipped, but I paid on May 28, so it's been even longer. The other pony has been lost for less time but only by a week or two... I might have even missed the Paypal claim date thing... (I have never done a claim before...) I also feel stressed about the sellers because as far as I can tell they didn't do anything wrong and I don't really know if the ponies are lost or no... What would you guys do? Would you just keep waiting? 30$ is kind of hard to come by for me so it's a bit of an issue ): I'm kicking myself for not getting a number now... UGHH. :yikes: Would you guys just keep on waiting without acting? I don't think the seller(s) even have to give me refunds... And the English was a bit hard to tell so it was difficult for me to ask a whole lot of question. guhh I am just concerned. And I feel bad for the sellers because I don't want to put them in a difficult position. I just wish the stupid things would show up so I could leave feedback and everybody's happy! One seller told me that s/he had just sent another pony from Germany and it arrived in US "last Thursday" with no problem. I was like...  :cloud: I wish I was that person but I'm not.

PS Forgot to say I DID drive to my local post office and asked them to check if I have any Airmail packages, but there was nothing there (this was about a week ago).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:54:22 AM by Heliodor »

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: Help...unsure how to find my ponies **Update...still not in.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 05:24:50 AM »
Hi everyone, the ponies still haven't arrived. I think today has been 45 days from when the seller shipped, but I paid on May 28, so it's been even longer. The other pony has been lost for less time but only by a week or two... I might have even missed the Paypal claim date thing... (I have never done a claim before...)

Yes as other have said, the paypal limit is 45 days. If you paid on May 28, I make that 39 days? So you need to file with paypal now. Send a message to your seller saying that you need to file in order to cover your back, and if the item shows up you cancel the claim.

To file a claim, click details on the transaction on your paypal account, then the Click here to resolve link at the bottom of the page.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:28:23 AM by little.fox »

Offline Heliodor

• Sorcerer Prince
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help...unsure how to find my ponies **Update...still not in.
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
Okay, I have never filed a claim before, will this reflect badly on the seller? Will they be angry with me??  :redface: I feel awful about this! If the item gets lost the seller is out the item and I feel horrible! They didn't do anything wrong..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal