collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Interview - shes-so-unusual  (Read 396 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Arena Interview - shes-so-unusual
« on: July 28, 2023, 05:37:48 PM »
This week I interviewed shes-so-unusual. Thank you for participating!

Where did you get your user name?
I got my username from Cyndi Lauper’s 1983 album She’s So Unusual. I’ve always loved the album and I had recently got it on vinyl when deciding to join the Arena.

How old are you?
I’m 21!

Do you go to school or work?
I’m a full-time college student studying Russian and religious studies! I’m currently working at a museum and I work as a tutor during the year.

How long have you been collecting ponies?
I’ve been collecting ponies as long as I can remember! I first started collecting G1s when I was 10 years old. Discovering sites like the Ponyland Press and the My Little Pony Preservation Project got me hooked for life. I stopped collecting during my teen years, but I’m back in business!

Who is your favorite pony and why?
My favorite ponies growing up were Princess Luna and Rarity. My favorite pony now is definitely Blue Belle. At Bronycon 2013 or 2014, someone selling G1 ponies gave me a very baity Blue Belle for free - she’s stayed with me ever since and I still have her in my collection after all this time. :)

Who is your favorite fakie?
The Tara Pony Luv ponies are definitely my favorites! They’re so pretty. I had one growing up given to me by a reading buddy in elementary school and she stayed apart of my collection for ages.

Who was your first pony?
My first ever pony was a G3 pony, Flower Garland and I was immediately obsessed with her. My first G4 ponies I believe were the Pony School Pals set with Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Cheerily but my memory is hazy at this point. I am certain of my first G1 pony - she was an Applejack off of eBay with a bad haircut and I just felt so bad for her that I asked my parents if I could get her.

What pony did you get recently?
The latest additions to my collection are Wave Runner and Posey. New ponies are constantly joining my herd though!

What is your favorite generation?
G1, definitely. They just look so cuddly!

Who is your grail pony and why?
My grails are any of the Glow n’ Show ponies. They’re so beautiful and I’m a sucker for glowing gimmicks.

If you could have any pony remade in a different generation, who would you choose and why?
I’d love to see any of the G1 ponies remade in G2. I honestly really love G2 ponies and I wish they got more appreciation!

What has been the worst part about collecting?
The effect its had on my wallet, LOL.

How big is your collection?
My old collection (before it was destroyed in a house fire) was probably about 200-300 ponies across G1, G3 and G4. Nowadays, my current collection sits at about 85 G1 ponies.

What are acceptable and unacceptable pony flaws, in your opinion?
There are no unacceptable pony flaws! I love restoring baits, it is what got me back into collecting in adulthood. Literally, I will take any pony off my wishlist in the baitiest conditions imaginable. Currently, my most baity pony is a Sea Breeze COVERED in pony cancer - I’m hoping to try to at least fade the spots off her, even if I can’t cure it. :(

What is the worst thing you've ever done to a pony?
While trying to get a sharpie mark off her eyebrow, I accidentally wiped Sweet Lily’s eyelashes clean off. I felt so bad, like I just ripped off her falsies or something. I’m hoping to paint them back on soon!

Fill in the blank!
I think the most underappreciated pony is Sugar Apple because she has such a beautiful color scheme! All the Candy Cane ponies are lovely. I wish I saw her getting noticed more often.

I think more ponies should have GLOW-IN-THE-DARK GIMMICKS!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Interview - shes-so-unusual
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 06:52:43 AM »
Lovely interview, & a GITD Moondancer would Rock!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 06:10:22 PM »
Once again, an interesting and great interview!  :) It's nice to get to know shes-so-unusual a bit better. :good:
:zzz:

Offline shes-so-unusual

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • Lifelong Pony Lover! G1 Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 07:16:40 AM »

This is such a great idea!! Perhaps I will use this idea hmm.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023, 12:50:49 PM »

This is such a great idea!! Perhaps I will use this idea hmm.
It's a prominent feature in her book & comic persona. She glows in the night to light the way. So imagine my disappointment when it turned out she doesn't, in fact, glow...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 07:24:15 AM »
Great interview!!  It is fun learning more about everyone's collections!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal