collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Loungefly wallet concerns  (Read 609 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Loungefly wallet concerns
« on: July 11, 2023, 06:06:14 PM »
I grabbed the Loungefly wallet with Dream Castle and Skydancer on sale from Amazon recently, but some of the printing looks a little fuzzy and poor quality for Loungefly. Can anyone who has this wallet share some photos to help me figure out if mine is legit?

I wasn't around when these released so I don't know if there are any known quality control issues with the line.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Loungefly wallet concerns
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 12:51:40 AM »
Oh no, I didn’t even think that could happen! I will check if that’s the same wallet I have and get back to you!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 03:58:44 PM »
Yeah, I honestly didn't even think about it but I guess I should have.

Even if you dont have the exact same one, it could still be good to know if all of the printing is crisp. Im gonna inspect all the Loungefly super close next time I'm at the mall. I'm not a collector or anything, but I've never had or seen this issue before.

Offline Silverflame

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 04:56:23 PM »
I don't have one myself, but I saw one recently at shop when I was picking up some vintage MLPs, and it looked beautiful. Crisp printing. I almost bought it myself but ended up going with a different one. Loungefly products in my experience are always beautiful, I've never seen one that looked to have poor quality - did you buy from Amazon directly or a secondhand seller? Can you compare photos to others people have online? I have come across counterfeit Loungefly items before, but not often, so it could just be a printing issue.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 01:32:41 AM »
Oh wow, that’s crazy to think that there could be fake Loungefly products out there! I know their stuff is pricey, but I never think of the, being like…bougie enough to counterfeit. Would you be able to return it? Even if it’s legit you should have to pay such a high price for something that isn’t printed right. I don’t have the exact wallet you have, but I have a good number of Loungefly products and they all have very crisp printing. I don’t think it would be too much to see if it can be replaced with a wallet that meets their quality standards.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 05:16:11 AM »
Given how pricey Loungefly is, I'd be inclined to say that they have great quality control but who knows, a rogue misprint could have escaped into the wild.

The idea of there being fakies is a real possibility as well sadly enough, but maybe we would have seen more of that by now?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2023, 08:41:32 AM »
I don't have one myself, but I saw one recently at shop when I was picking up some vintage MLPs, and it looked beautiful. Crisp printing. I almost bought it myself but ended up going with a different one. Loungefly products in my experience are always beautiful, I've never seen one that looked to have poor quality - did you buy from Amazon directly or a secondhand seller? Can you compare photos to others people have online? I have come across counterfeit Loungefly items before, but not often, so it could just be a printing issue.

It came from a third party seller on Amazon. It was on sale so maybe a red flag, but I've gotten almost all of my Loungefly products on sale in the past with no issues.

I've had a lot of trouble finding owner photos of this wallet. The Dream Castle itself is quite fuzzy/thin lines and the birds look a little off. Some other areas of art have thin lines as well but they're in places where it makes some sense like a pony's mouth.

Post Merge: July 14, 2023, 08:49:24 AM

The idea of there being fakies is a real possibility as well sadly enough, but maybe we would have seen more of that by now?

I tried searching a bit on Google to see if this wallet is known to have counterfeit versions. I didn't find anything (also didn't have much time to look) but there were several hits about counterfeit Loungefly in general. I know there's counterfeit makeup on Amazon even of cheap, drugstore products so it makes sense Loungefly would be a target even without being designer.

I also wondered if maybe it was factory seconds kind of like some of the Taobao G4s.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 08:49:24 AM by Taxel »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 07:18:30 PM »
I sincerely doubt it's a fake. It's a very specific wallet to have duped and there are likely more sought after ones to have duped. I'd agree with a lower quality printing.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2023, 09:14:49 AM »
I sincerely doubt it's a fake. It's a very specific wallet to have duped and there are likely more sought after ones to have duped. I'd agree with a lower quality printing.

Anything can be produced as a counterfeit version these days, but it would be great if the wallet was legit. That is the ideal outcome.

That's why I posted here hoping other collectors own the wallet and can share photos of it. Finding owner photos is really difficult.

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2023, 11:15:05 AM »
Have you contacted Loungefly to express your concerns, maybe with added pics of the blurry print? Shortest route to clarity on the matter I think. I'm curious to hear what their reponse would be.

Offline CherryTreats

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2023, 03:11:33 PM »
I don't have that wallet, but I have the newer MLP one, bought directly from Loungefly's website.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal