collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tail Rust = Mold  (Read 556 times)

AbrielleRose

• Trade Count: (0)
Tail Rust = Mold
« on: January 15, 2017, 08:40:06 PM »
I'm beginning to feel each time I have a pony with tail rust there is a guarantee for mold inside. I received a gorgeous pristine white baby Glory. And then my eyes saw the tail rust. Just a tiny bit. Opened up and she had tiny specks of mold in the beginning stages. I also received a Majesty with the teensiest bit of tail rust visible. So small that I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I opened her up, yep mold! I'm wondering if I should start opening up all my G1 ponies to be on the safe side. Naturally tail rust is an indication that the pony was exposed to too much moisture. So the mold shouldn't be a shocker. I've dealt with mold on 6 Ponies so far. These will be easy in comparison to the others that were filled with it. My pony collection is small and growing - still a newbie.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Tail Rust = Mold
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 05:08:17 AM »
Yeah, tail rust can often signal mold inside. Thankfully not always, since I hate cleaning ponies with tail rust or mold.  >_< I sell fair amount of ponies and have to clean them first and always groan inside when I spot the tiny sign of tail rust or the telltale darkness that indicates a pony filled with mold. Good on you for having the patience to clean your ponies up and make them pretty again!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:33:59 AM »
Makes sense to me.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

AbrielleRose

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 11:59:04 AM »
So, while popping heads off of ponies, I grabbed my Masquerade who is beautiful and no signs of tail rust. I opened her up and she had mold in her! Now I feel like I'm definitely going to have to open every pony to be sure. I will add that she did have a funny thrift store smell to her. But regardless, I'm going to open all my ponies now to be sure.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 12:07:11 PM »
So, while popping heads off of ponies, I grabbed my Masquerade who is beautiful and no signs of tail rust. I opened her up and she had mold in her! Now I feel like I'm definitely going to have to open every pony to be sure. I will add that she did have a funny thrift store smell to her. But regardless, I'm going to open all my ponies now to be sure.

Sorry about Masquerade :/ At least you can clean her up now. Yeah, a funny smell can be a telltale sign, and just a general dinginess that you can't clean off. Something that might keep you from having to take each pony's head off is shining a flashlight through the pony to see if there are any dark mold spots inside. This won't eliminate the possibility 100% but is useful. Some pony heads are nearly impossible to get off (I find), especially later-year ponies and big brother ponies with their hard plastic, so this might help you determine if you need to take the drastic action of taking their heads off.

AbrielleRose

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 12:29:32 PM »
Thanks, I've experimented with the flashlight test on both ponies with mold and ones without and haven't been successful with determining which. Maybe I won't go too crazy with each pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal