collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where to find information about warning levels?  (Read 652 times)

Rainfeather

• Trade Count: (0)
Where to find information about warning levels?
« on: October 08, 2014, 03:48:04 PM »
Something new showed up on my profile.
I'm a 10 procent warning level, and being watched by moderators carefully for 'Concerning threads'.

I have never heard of this, and can't find information about this system, how does it work? I'm a 10 procent now, what happens at 50 procent? or 100 procent? Can it go down or am I stuck at 10 procent for a lifetime?

After reading the rules again I suspect it is due to an abortion comment I made.

Also, just an idea,
I would like it, if it would be possible, in the future, when you get a warning level increase, you would also get a private message with the reason :) Like, more specific then 'concerning threads'.
I think it will be clearer then for people what they should not do again.
The rules say specificly 'abortion', but also religion, politics, being rude, those are pretty broad subjects and I can imagine that people not always immediately recognize what they did wrong :)
Comming from a rude, straight-forward culture especially, it would help me to learn how to communicate with people from other cultures when specifically being told what not to do again. Wich I think is very important in this connected world, learning how to communicate with each other.

Thank you.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: Where to find information about warning levels?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 04:27:06 PM »
It's actually clearly part of the rules:

Warnings
Members who break forum rules multiple times will receive a "warning" on their profile.  The more times the Moderators have to edit your posts for content, the more warnings you will receive.  Once a member reaches a certain warning level, your profile will become restricted.  If the problem behavior persists, then your account may be suspended or permanently banned.

PMs can be issued, but it's up to the discretion of the Admin that is issuing the warning. In this case it was Loa that issued the warning.

As for topics to avoid (especially the ones listed in the rules), before posting simply ask yourself "could this be taken in a poor context and offend someone". Put yourself in someone else's shoes first. We know not everyone will agree on things or feel the same way, but there is a way to discuss and present opinions respectfully without offending others.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Rainfeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »
Thank you for your fast response. But unfortunately it is still not clear for me.

'Members who break forum rules multiple times will receive a "warning" on their profile' I wasn't aware I had done that? If I was made aware of it the first time, multiple times could have been avoided.
'Once a member reaches a certain warning level, your profile will become restricted' What level?
And will I keep this warning level for ever? Or can it go down again due to good behaviour or something.
'In this case it was Loa that issued the warning' This is not of my interest. I see you as a team.

Sorry, I don't want to be annoying.
Maybe this is also a cultural thing... but I would like clear straight answers :P

I just really want to be kind to others. It's even my job, lol!

'"could this be taken in a poor context and offend someone". Put yourself in someone else's shoes first. We know not everyone will agree on things or feel the same way, but there is a way to discuss and present opinions respectfully without offending others.'

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm trying to learn. Due to my cultural upbringing some subjects seem really natural and not offending for me personally. It would help me to specifically know what can offend people. It's all so vague now.
I think that my cultural upbringing otherwise will cause more warnings. And I don't want that, noone wants that. I am not an internettroll, nor an unkind person.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 09:52:13 PM »
Thank you for your fast response. But unfortunately it is still not clear for me.

'Members who break forum rules multiple times will receive a "warning" on their profile' I wasn't aware I had done that? If I was made aware of it the first time, multiple times could have been avoided.

If you have ever had a post modified or changed by a Moderator, this is your usual first "warning". However, if you have read the rules, you are considered fore warned and thus fore armed. Usually a PM does come through to you, I'm not sure why it didn't come through this time.

'Once a member reaches a certain warning level, your profile will become restricted' What level?
40%. You are currently on 10%.

And will I keep this warning level for ever? Or can it go down again due to good behaviour or something.
This depends. Usually, around a months time, we review it, and either remove the warning or keep it on.

'In this case it was Loa that issued the warning' This is not of my interest. I see you as a team.
Sorry, I don't want to be annoying.
Maybe this is also a cultural thing... but I would like clear straight answers :P
I just really want to be kind to others. It's even my job, lol!

could this be taken in a poor context and offend someone". Put yourself in someone else's shoes first. We know not everyone will agree on things or feel the same way, but there is a way to discuss and present opinions respectfully without offending others.'

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm trying to learn. Due to my cultural upbringing some subjects seem really natural and not offending for me personally. It would help me to specifically know what can offend people. It's all so vague now.
I think that my cultural upbringing otherwise will cause more warnings. And I don't want that, no one wants that. I am not an internet troll, nor an unkind person. [/quote]

Unfortunately, you can't fall back on cultural upbringing for a reason you are moderated.
While the majority of the Arena is from North America, many, many members are not, and manage to function on the Arena with no issues.
If I, at the arse end of the planet, can deal with cultural differences, then I hope everyone else can as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal