collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Found Something Amazing.. At least I am impressed!  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Found Something Amazing.. At least I am impressed!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 06:08:44 PM »
they are awesome  :heart:  :frolic:   I wouldnt pay out that kinda money for one, but I wouldnt mind tryng to make my own :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

majikarte

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 07:57:29 AM »

Considering the materials, and that they are hand dyed, styled, sculpted and painted, I bet the artist is making less than minimum wage for their time.  I don't think that they are overpriced.  It's more than I'm willing to pay for something I'd probably only get to wear once, though.

I don't even think the seller isn't even the one making the wigs. Someone on a cosplay site found that the Rainbow dash wig is the same as this one, just styled a bit. Ones similar to the one coloured wigs would be easy to find anywhere, and I have the feeling Sweetie Belle's might be one from Gothic Lolita Wigs... their wigs are on the expensive side, but way cheaper than this. I've seen a much nicer and cheaper wig for Vinyl on Ebay. Arda sells those clip on ponytails for $15, and I'm sure there are plenty of Ebay sellers that are even cheaper. And as for ears and horns, I think to buy the ones Yaya Han sells would be a lot cheaper... and to make your own would cost much less than that.

I feel really bad for anyone who'd buy from this seller. Unless they're perfectly aware that there are much less pricier option and just have more cents than sense.

Interesting that they'd makes ones of Snips and Snails though...

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 08:08:03 AM »
Those are some great wig sets. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »

Considering the materials, and that they are hand dyed, styled, sculpted and painted, I bet the artist is making less than minimum wage for their time.  I don't think that they are overpriced.  It's more than I'm willing to pay for something I'd probably only get to wear once, though.

I don't even think the seller isn't even the one making the wigs. Someone on a cosplay site found that the Rainbow dash wig is the same as this one, just styled a bit. Ones similar to the one coloured wigs would be easy to find anywhere, and I have the feeling Sweetie Belle's might be one from Gothic Lolita Wigs... their wigs are on the expensive side, but way cheaper than this. I've seen a much nicer and cheaper wig for Vinyl on Ebay. Arda sells those clip on ponytails for $15, and I'm sure there are plenty of Ebay sellers that are even cheaper. And as for ears and horns, I think to buy the ones Yaya Han sells would be a lot cheaper... and to make your own would cost much less than that.

I feel really bad for anyone who'd buy from this seller. Unless they're perfectly aware that there are much less pricier option and just have more cents than sense.

Interesting that they'd makes ones of Snips and Snails though...

I hand dyed a few wigs by myself and i know the work in it. but i also saw many of these wigs for sale as they are too. i might be wrong, but the seller might just´ve add in streaks (twillight for examlpe) and put horn and ears on.
sewing werfts/streaks in is a difficult work, i have to say. ;)
wigs with horns and ears are impressive, but i have to admit, i personally like different options more that these wigs. They´re not done in a bad quality, i dont think so!
but i like color/show correctness for this price. and celestia hasn´t her real haircolors and as far as i know, twillightsmaincolor is dark blue, not purple.
http://images.wikia.com/mugen/images/e/e4/Twilight_Sparkle.jpeg
should maybe be more like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gCTuWLRt31Q/T2nP416bvmI/AAAAAAAAAPc/kwjee1kIAv0/s200/Bild+14.png
who hast done horned/eared wigs here before? anyone dare to show thier work? ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:19:22 AM by emuel »
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal