collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Extreme Collectors ~ featuring a MLP collector  (Read 9306 times)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme Collectors ~ featuring a MLP collector
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 08:32:07 PM »
hey thats great that it showed it in a positve light!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Twinkler00

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 08:34:08 PM »
And my pony room has indeed been featured before, but the OLD one at my moms house. This is the first time this pony room has been on television (the shelves are the same). The pony room and myself will also be featured in a documentary released soon.

I was pleased with how the episode turned out and the features they did :) Shame they didn't focus more on my wall of carded ponies!  :biggrin: :lol:

Hope you guys enjoyed it. Like I said I was honored to do it and had a LOT of fun and I love love love that the show celebrates collecting in a very positive light :)

Be patient and I am sure it will be available online for viewing in the next few days. And as soon as I hear from them they have a distributer in the US and you can watch it I will post too :)

I follow them on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ExtremeCollectors

*Twinks*

(also, I am sure you are all wondering who the heck I am. I have been around the community for a LONG time, just never was active on the arena after joining and I kinda lurk on the TP after they moved from the old old boards to the new ones)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 08:54:36 PM »
How awesome is that!!  It sounds like a lot of fun.  Wish I could see it.  I went to the website and tried to watch the snowglobe collector but it doesn't play.  I'm assuming that's because I'm in the US.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

BigHicks1977

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 09:07:32 PM »
A famous collector right here on our arena.......im so excited to see this eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk :frolic: :frolic: :frolic:

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 09:22:07 PM »
Yes that was me.
I do not believe it was the same people trolling around here looking for collectors

How do I know??

The host had to be convinced MLP were worth featuring! ;)
He thought the producers were joking when they told him they wanted to feature a collection of my little ponies

The show was extremely well done and featured ALL the collectors and collections in a POSITIVE light. It is NOTHING like the other ones that have been featured about collecting. (so get that out of your mind RIGHT NOW. It was NOT negative. It did NOT make ANY of us look "crazy" or "obsessive", I mean heck I know I am but I don't want it sensationalized for national television)

The point of this show was to highlight and celebrate ALL collectors weather they collected large things (like vintage cars) to small things that add up (like my little pony or snow globes)

You can catch episodes of the show here:

http://www.slice.ca/videocentre/video.html?ID=v#extremecollectors/video

They are working on getting it distributed in the USA, so right now only Canadians can watch the clip

They featured a few spots on my collection. Andrew added it up and he told me what the value was. Keep in mind, I removed a lot of what was in the room to fit in the camera equipment and there is TONS in boxes/not shown. They only evaluated what was out on display :)

The show was an amazing experience. I was so happy to of been a part of it and to of had such a great time too!! And the fact that they CELEBRATE collecting instead of, well, make fun of it....that made it all the better! :) <3

*Twinks*

I am glad you clarified that!! And, Congrats I can't wait to see the episode of your collection!!! :)
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 10:00:04 PM »
I'm really looking forward to watching your episode!
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 10:10:46 PM »
Yes that was me.
I do not believe it was the same people trolling around here looking for collectors

How do I know??

The host had to be convinced MLP were worth featuring! ;)
He thought the producers were joking when they told him they wanted to feature a collection of my little ponies

The show was extremely well done and featured ALL the collectors and collections in a POSITIVE light. It is NOTHING like the other ones that have been featured about collecting. (so get that out of your mind RIGHT NOW. It was NOT negative. It did NOT make ANY of us look "crazy" or "obsessive", I mean heck I know I am but I don't want it sensationalized for national television)

The point of this show was to highlight and celebrate ALL collectors weather they collected large things (like vintage cars) to small things that add up (like my little pony or snow globes)

You can catch episodes of the show here:

http://www.slice.ca/videocentre/video.html?ID=v#extremecollectors/video

They are working on getting it distributed in the USA, so right now only Canadians can watch the clip

They featured a few spots on my collection. Andrew added it up and he told me what the value was. Keep in mind, I removed a lot of what was in the room to fit in the camera equipment and there is TONS in boxes/not shown. They only evaluated what was out on display :)

The show was an amazing experience. I was so happy to of been a part of it and to of had such a great time too!! And the fact that they CELEBRATE collecting instead of, well, make fun of it....that made it all the better! :) <3

That was you!? Oh my goodness, super congrats!!! You are so lucky to have your collection shown on television!! I cant wait to see the video!! I would love to be interviewed on my G4 collection someday, this inspires me to keep collecting! I thrilled it was an arena members collection shown on tv-how did they know to find you by the way!? So lucky! ^อบ^ Im glad they have shows like this on TV to focus on the cool, positive points of collecting! I would love to see a Beanie Baby episode as well!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:15:02 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 03:05:03 AM »
It was a really great show, very well done. I really do love that the show doesn't portray the collectors in a negative light. I just happened to glance at a preview and I saw a pony out of the corner of my eye and that was it, I stayed glued to the tv, didn't budge lol.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 03:42:49 AM »
That is awesome to hear that you had a great time with it all :) I cant wait to see it :)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 04:31:12 AM »
That's great it wasn't portrayed negatively, Twinkler! Congrats on having your collection on TV! Wow, tv :satisfied: My collection wouldn't nearly be big enough for that :lol: I'm so looking forward to watching it! :frolic:
My Wish List

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 06:42:56 AM »
I would love to see it, but I'm in the UK. Hopefully it shows up somewhere else online!

And that's fantastic that you were shown in a positive light rather than being edited to look like a lunatic, as so many of these type of shows do.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 07:24:27 AM »
Cooooooool!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see it!!
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 07:31:12 AM »
Oh VERY cool! I'll be keeping my eye on that site to keep a watch out for your collection :D I wanna see it!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 07:34:45 AM »
I'm glad this show has a more positive spin than it' US counterparts :) Congratulations on being featured.

Offline dinobuzz

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 07:43:48 AM »
I posted on FB Arena page about the episode as soon as I saw what was coming up next on Extreme Collectors.....I saw the awesome episode and in no way was it negative or made Stephanie look nutty.....besides, aren't we all nutty in some way anyways?  :P It was cute....just wondered how the host was informed enough to put a value on it....I guess their people do a bit of research...think he'd choked if he new what Nirvanas go for!  :lol:

I liked at the end of the show where Stephanie was putting MLP make up on the guy and he pulled out the pony umbrella!

Oh Steph, what was that "newer" pony plush that went for over $2000? I was surprised about that one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal