collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Paypal help?  (Read 890 times)

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
Paypal help?
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:56:07 AM »
Sooooo I'm trying to move money from my bank into Paypal. I've never had a problem before... Log in, click 'Add Funds,' choose my bank, sit back and wait. But now... There's only the option of 'Add Money' and from bank account isn't available... Only something about "Money Pak." It says "We were unable to confirm your personal information at this time. To find out what we need from you, go to the Resolution Center." They want me to fax/upload information about my SSN. Is this right? Or some sort of scam? Why are they doing this now? I don't remember getting a notification from Paypal about this... Help!
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal help?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 12:02:55 PM »
Have you reached your sending/ receiving limit for the free account?

Edit:  this should help you here

https://www.paypal.com/helpscr?cmd=_help&locale=en_GB&countrycode=GB&_dyncharset=UTF-8&t=solutionTab&ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=163435

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 08:53:49 PM »
I won't poke at this much right now as I have to go to bed, but I am verified... I think I have been for a while...? Thanks for the link!
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »
That's great to hear! Hopefully it's really fixed then!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 09:41:16 AM »
Even though you are verified, which just means paypal has a verified shipping address on hand for you, you may still have sending and receiving limits. By giving them your SS, this will lift that limit and you won't have to deal with that again. I did it a few years ago.

Is your account a personal account or Premier?

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 03:28:43 PM »
Also, if in doubt, call customer service and talk to someone live.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 08:23:33 PM »
Yes, call them and make sure it's live.

Also make sure that when you use PayPal online, that it's always https://, not http://. HTTPS is a secured connection, and if you use Chrome, it'll have a green bar saying PayPal in the URL, letting you know that it's a secure connection with PayPal's servers.

And do be careful, PayPal has pulled some pretty sketchy stuff before. Like, if you're not a nonprofit, you can't ask for donations, and they won't take the seller's side if conflicts come up. So do be weary, and document EVERYTHING. 

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 04:32:45 AM »
they just did the same thing to me a week  ago, take a pic of the info they want or fax it to them and they will have it back up in a few days.
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »
My account is private/personal, not premier or business or anything else. They want proof of my SSN... I'm thinking I'll call them, just to be sure.

ETA: I guess what gets me is why they're asking for my SSN after YEARS that I've had my account... I know I had it before college, and that was over seven years ago...! Did I just take that long to reach my limit or something?

ETA2: My mother-in-law thinks its a touch sketchy, but if others have had it happen to them, then it's not so odd. We just think it's weird that they want an image of my SS card. Also, I did look and I am marked as 'premier.' I did call and the customer service gal said that I had hit my limit and they did need this verification. I just find it a little odd that I didn't get an email notifying me of this... At least, I don't remember seeing one!

Oh, and in poking around Paypal a bit more, I clicked on my limits and it doesn't say anything about a limit on my moving money from bank into my Paypal account... lol.

When we go by our house later today I'll get my SS card and copy and upload it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:19:39 PM by Rad »
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »
*Bump* I'd still appriciate opinions/comments on this, if there are any... I did talk to both sets of my parents and the both feel this is a little odd... Thanks!
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »
Are you sure they want an actual image of your SS card?  They didn't ask me for that - just the number; so, I do find that part really odd. 

The reason they're only asking for the number after all this time is that the tax laws changed recently and they now have to report sellers to the IRS if they meet certain minimum requirements within one year.  I could never figure out why they asked me for mine since I don't meet those minimums.  Best guess is that I may have been close enough to the one for the number of transactions to trigger them asking - I know wasn't anywhere even close to the second one though. 

What any of this has to do with transferring money into your account is anyone's guess.  I went to see what happens if I try to transfer money and I got asked to confirm my birthdate - it showed that my SSN was already on file; so, I didn't get asked that.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »
Hmmm.  The SS number thing sounds a little sketchy, honestly.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »
What I get when I click the "fix this" link is taken to a page where I either fax them a copy of my SSC or I can upload a file of it.

Yeah, if it was the number I would understand. But an image? I still think this is a little sketchy. My dad and my husband both suggested I start a new Paypal account with a different email. Anyone know if I can have two email addresses associated with one bank account?
Poo on you Photobucket!

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »
I would probably go with above suggestions by calling and asking, if possible :) Maybe someone will be able to tell you something more.

Offline Rad

• Radical Rad
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Radical Creations
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »
I did call and they did say 'this is legit.'
Poo on you Photobucket!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal