collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone had any trouble with Hulu?  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Anyone had any trouble with Hulu?
« on: September 16, 2023, 10:03:35 AM »
I've had Hulu for years.  Long before Disney bought most of the company.  When I signed up for Disney + last year, I made sure that I signed up for that service separately from Hulu, because I didn't want to bundle Disney + and Hulu together.  Never had a problem with Hulu until now. 

Last week I got an email from Hulu that the price is going up.  I tried to log in to Hulu the other day to accept the price change and it told me that my login is blocked.  I thought I might have made a mistake with the username/password, so I deleted my history, reopened the browser, and tried again.  I haven't logged in to Hulu for a long time, but it's the same as my Disney Plus login.  I thought logging in to one also counts as logging in with the other.  I wasn't ready to give Hulu up yet, but if I can't watch it, what's the point?  I don't want to mess around with it too much, because I don't want to mess up my Disney + account.  I tried logging in to Disney + after that and my login was still good for Disney.

I read on some blogs that sometimes you can get that message when trying to log on to Hulu if there's a glitch on Hulu's side of things.  I'm hoping that might be what the problem is and there's nothing wrong with the account. As long as I keep the subscription up to date, it shouldn't matter how often I log in to watch it right? Out of all my streaming services, it's the one that I don't use as often, but as long as Hulu gets their money, there shouldn't be problem.  If Disney also owns part of Hulu now, I don't see why it works on Disney and not on Hulu.

We got a new modem a few months back and for a while it wasn't showing our location correctly, so I wonder if that's part of the problem.   Some sites did act a little crazy once the modem was up and running.  I got a few "Is this really you?" emails from a few sites that I went to.  Also, I didn't get any type of email from Hulu when I tried to log in. 

I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd logged in to Hulu, but I keep the subscription updated and they got their money for the last billing date.  Since it still works on Disney +, it has to be a Hulu issue.  I tried looking at blogs to resolve the issue, but most of them just said to reset the password.  I know what the password is and I don't want to reset it because that would also reset it on Disney +.

I guess I'm going have to call Hulu support, but I don't want to mess up my Disney + account trying to get Hulu fixed.  I also don't want to keep paying for it, if I can't watch.  I'm trying to get enough energy up to call them.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 10:10:28 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Anyone had any trouble with Hulu?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 10:09:55 AM »
Mine is working fine but a glance at Down for Everyone is saying that 73% of users are reporting problems with log in today.

Does it give you any kind of error code?

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 10:16:14 AM »
It just says "error your login has been blocked." :(  The only things I can think of is either it's because the IP might have changed with the new modem, or because I haven't logged in directly to Hulu for almost a year, but if the login still works for Disney + I don't see why there's a problem since you have to use the same login for both due to Disney's consistency policy across their websites.

If that many people are having problems though, maybe the issue started the day I tried logging in and it's a Hulu error instead of something I did.

Edit:  It looks like Disney + is having problems today too.  I saw someone complaining about having to change the password all the time.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 10:47:00 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 10:48:53 AM »
Yeah, you make good points. The one thing I would check is your parental controls. Someone may have accidentally set them up. That happened with me once with Netflix. Otherwise, I would wait it out or you can contact them here (I hope you can see this page while logged out - https://help.hulu.com/s/contactsupport ).

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 01:57:33 PM »
it's been working for me.

usually if you get a new modem or sometimes if your internet goes out the IP address can reset and websites and apps with lots of security will be a little wonky because they don't recognize the device that's trying to log in. whenever the internet goes out we always have to login again on one of our TV's. i have no idea why it's just that one and not the other.

a lot of streaming sites have been cracking down on password sharing so if your location isn't set right it might think you're someone else trying to log in. are you trying to log in on the TV or on your computer? i would try logging in on another device. if that doesn't work i would try contacting their customer support. it doesn't seem like a problem that will resolve on it's own.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 03:42:46 PM »
Thanks Beth.  :)  I've always logged on to Hulu through the computer and not the TV. I think we got the new modem in April.  Now that I've thought about it, Hulu was the one streaming site I didn't think to log on to after we got everything set up.  May-August was rough.  :(  I'll probably end up calling support soon.  I just haven't had the energy to deal with trying to get it straightened out yet.  I also don't want to mess up anything with Disney +.  My mom's already said I better not mess that up trying to fix Hulu.

I feel guilty for trying to log on to a streaming service that's up to date and that I pay for. :( 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 06:57:05 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 10:13:24 AM »
I called Hulu support today and they said my login was blocked due to some kind of technical glitch but didn't elaborate further on what that was.   Sadly, I think I'm going to cancel Hulu in a few months.  I spent a few minutes looking around for something to watch on Hulu and didn't really find anything.  I don't want to cancel it the same day I called support to get the issue fixed.

I asked about the new modem, and they said it wasn't part of the problem.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal