collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need help finding the name of an old animated short  (Read 1281 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Need help finding the name of an old animated short
« on: January 30, 2023, 01:18:21 AM »
I've been going on a binge lately re watching some old shows/movies I group up with. There is one I have not been able to locate due to the fact I can't remember the title. I saw it in the early 90's like 93 or 94. A teacher in school also showed it to us so I'm thinking it was an educational short on black history. It was a single short story that was animated. I like to think it was on an episode of Reading Rainbow or some show that aired on PBS, but can't be 100% sure. Here is what I remember: There is this old black lady telling the story of when she was a child in 1919 and became friends with this white girl. The white girl stowed away in her fathers old hand crank car to go see her new friend. When the white girls father finds her missing, he goes looking for her. He finds her up in the top balcony of a movie theater with her black friend as a stage light shines on them. The story concludes with showing the old black lady with a little white girl who resembled the one in the story. I seem to recall there was a pearl bracelet or necklace involved, but not sure as it's been thirty years since I last watched it. Any help would be appreciated if anyone knows what I may be talking about.

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding the name of an old animated short
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 09:52:17 AM »
Have you tried posting this on Reddit? Maybe one of the tip of my tongue or nostalgia threads could help? Do you remember any names or locations?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal