collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you guys deal with boredom?  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
How do you guys deal with boredom?
« on: January 09, 2023, 04:58:56 PM »
Hey all! I have been getting bored at home after school and was wondering if anyone else experiences what I am? Just out of curiosity. I really want to be more active in fun activities after school. I eat dinner at 615 pm like a "normal" person. (I do a swim team outside of school and leave at 645 pm, practice starts at 715 pm, goes for an hour, I get home at 830 pm). Could anyone recommend something for me to do? Feel free to share your thoughts too! I would love to hear them!

Rainlove
Rainlove
The
Pegasus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: How do you guys deal with boredom?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 05:24:14 PM »
Do something you like doing, maybe go someplace you haven't been before.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 05:26:20 PM »
I LOVE to be bored, because it means it's one of those rare occasions where nothing important is occupying my mind, which is pure bliss. ^.^
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline ponyproblem

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 05:43:05 PM »
It might be a boring thing to do but I like to reorganise things. If I move my things around I find it is easier to notice and enjoy them. If everything has been in the same spot for a long time it just blends together.

I also like to go for walks and go to shops that I have not been to before or for a long time.
I keep a box of sentimental items and gifts that I like to leaf through when I have time to sit and relax.  ^.^ You could say the same about photo albums too!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 01:05:42 AM »
I write. :)

If I can go out, I will, but in the time frame you mentioned, we don't have any buses, and I can't navigate. So yeah. I write.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 04:55:24 AM »
Sounds like you need to find a hobby :) What are you interested in? Writing? Drawing? Playing video games? Puzzles? Textile arts (knitting, crochet, etc.)? Baking? There's so many things! Do you like animals? Get a pet.

If you're not sure of anything, try something. I used to love to write poetry when I was a teenager.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 10:49:04 AM »
Do something you like doing, maybe go someplace you haven't been before.
Yeah maybe when I am older.

I LOVE to be bored, because it means it's one of those rare occasions where nothing important is occupying my mind, which is pure bliss. ^.^
Oooh! Never thought of that!

It might be a boring thing to do but I like to reorganise things. If I move my things around I find it is easier to notice and enjoy them. If everything has been in the same spot for a long time it just blends together.

I also like to go for walks and go to shops that I have not been to before or for a long time.
I keep a box of sentimental items and gifts that I like to leaf through when I have time to sit and relax.  ^.^ You could say the same about photo albums too!
Yeah I rarely do that.

I write. :)

If I can go out, I will, but in the time frame you mentioned, we don't have any buses, and I can't navigate. So yeah. I write.
I have typed up some books before and I should read them again when I finish my current book from my school's library.

Sounds like you need to find a hobby :) What are you interested in? Writing? Drawing? Playing video games? Puzzles? Textile arts (knitting, crochet, etc.)? Baking? There's so many things! Do you like animals? Get a pet.

If you're not sure of anything, try something. I used to love to write poetry when I was a teenager.

I have two cats at home. I am in a cooking/baking class at my high school so definetly will be using my skills when I reach adulthood.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2023, 10:53:11 AM »
Reading, writing, hiking/walking, drawing, arts and crafts, working on a collection, cleaning up the house, doing a cool yard project, learning a new game with friends, board games, card games, video games, pc games, video editing, making videos, dancing, learning a new skill, finding a new blog, shopping, going to touristy places, going to a local arcade/amusement park, thrifting, camping, photography, playing with a pet/getting a pet, reconnecting with family/friends, scrapbooking, embroidery/knitting, singing, learning/practicing an instrument.

For me on a usual evening I have family and pets to mess with, video games to play (I really like Beat Saber when I have the energy), reading, cleaning the house, keeping up with my favorite YouTubers and shows, and learning new songs. And I've done a little of each of the above. I'm also trying to do side things for cash.

I will say, though, sometimes, even when you have all the hobbies in the world, you can still feel bored at times. If you lose interest or just aren't feeling it one day. So sometimes you just go through boring periods of your life. Or maybe that is just depression. ^-^' Or fatigue.

It's great to have a moment of boredom, though, because now if you ever thought of doing something in the past but didn't have the time for it, you can now. You gotta take advantage of the free time you have now before college/jobs/your future family take all of it. Not to say you won't still have some time for some hobbies, but I know for some people it got easier to leave the hobbies behind.

Edit to add: Badminton
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 07:08:35 AM by StarryEmerald24 »

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 05:51:47 AM »
Not been bored for a while as I'm on fire with my knitting projects & that's still the case!!! If my fingers get tired I can still watch a movie or browse a few Reddit pages
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2023, 09:44:34 AM »
Reading, writing, hiking/walking, drawing, arts and crafts, working on a collection, cleaning up the house, doing a cool yard project, learning a new game with friends, board games, card games, video games, pc games, video editing, making videos, dancing, learning a new skill, finding a new blog, shopping, going to touristy places, going to a local arcade/amusement park, thrifting, camping, photography, playing with a pet/getting a pet, reconnecting with family/friends, scrapbooking, embroidery/knitting, singing, learning/practicing an instrument.

For me on a usual evening I have family and pets to mess with, video games to play (I really like Beat Saber when I have the energy), reading, cleaning the house, keeping up with my favorite YouTubers and shows, and learning new songs. And I've did a little of each of the above. I'm also trying to do side things for cash.

I will say, though, sometimes, even when you have all the hobbies in the world, you can still feel bored at times. If you lose interest or just aren't feeling it one day. So sometimes you just go through boring periods of your life. Or maybe that is just depression. ^-^' Or fatigue.

It's great to have a moment of boredom, though, because now if you ever thought of doing something in the past but didn't have the time for it, you can now. You gotta take advantage of the free time you have now before college/jobs/your future family take all of it. Not to say you won't still have some time for some hobbies, but I know for some people it got easier to leave the hobbies behind.

Edit to add: Badminton
Wow these are amazing ideas. I do have mental health issues that keep me most of the time not seeing joy in things. I also like watching youtube, just recently had to add a reminder because I have been on it too much.  :blush:

Not been bored for a while as I'm on fire with my knitting projects & that's still the case!!! If my fingers get tired I can still watch a movie or browse a few Reddit pages
That sounds nice.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 11:51:36 AM »
the older i get the more i'm ok with being bored. but when i have downtime i like to listen to podcasts. i may listen to an unhealthy amount of podcasts at this point. i'm trying to get back into reading or listening to books. i also code fun things, cook, play with my dogs. since i learned to code i don't really get bored for long since there's always something to learn or build. sometimes i write about coding but not with much consistency.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2023, 03:37:34 PM »
When I was younger I got bored SO easily even though I had lots of hobbies and my pets etc. One of the benefits of getting older I've noticed is you have too many responsibilities to ever be truly bored. There's always Something you could be doing, be it housework chores or something creative. But you get that feeling of, oh, I don't want to do xyz, sometimes just forcing yourself to do a task goes one of 2 ways: One, you enjoy it and are no longer bored. Two, you figure out what you'd actually like to be doing instead.

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal