collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are your plans for New Year's?  (Read 2074 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
What are your plans for New Year's?
« on: December 28, 2022, 08:34:02 AM »
It's only a few days away! :freak:

I always loved New Year's and the fireworks. Now, I think it's just noisy and annoying :mad: I wonder how my cat will be with the fireworks? I bet she's going to be afraid :(

The only plan I have is to do something in a game to mark the first of the year. Granted, it's pretty fun.

Do you have any plans?  :chat:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: What are your plans for New Year's?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 10:27:52 AM »
we're staying home and cooking a nice dinner and having a few drinks.

this is our dog Luna's first NYE with us so we'll also be seeing how she reacts to fireworks. we've heard a few random ones go off around Christmas and she just barked at them. so she'll probably just add to the noise :( my other 2 dogs aren't really afraid of the fireworks. Jessie will look concerned but she doesn't hide or anything. usually we have the TV on and it drowns out the fireworks a little. I don't like all of the noise.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline TheClassCalico

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 06:49:35 PM »
I never do anything for New Year's, it'll most likely just be a regular day. However, I will be there to comfort pets if the fireworks frighten them.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 10:13:32 PM »
Planting Chilli seeds!! This has become my new New Years tradition, sowing the seeds for the years chillies, and I have a few chilli plants that need to be started for colleagues at work.

One year I want to spend New Years at a major world city  :inlove:

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 08:44:42 AM »
Nothing. I don't like new years,  it's cold and boring.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline heathersmoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Send the Goddess of Smoo your unwanted keychains!
    • View Profile
    • SEND ME A KEYCHAIN!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 02:01:48 PM »
Attempting to hide and failing

Worse night of the year

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 02:57:58 PM »
everyone is sick so I am doing laundry and making tea and washing everything we touch.  and refilling ice trays, water bottles, re-heating ricepacks, tracking medications, scrubbing down the washroom, etc.

oh did I mention I'm sick as well, but would it be TOO MUCH to ask the Man of the Household to flip the switch on the tea kettle once or twice? 

at some point today while cleaning up cat vomit, i had total double-vision to go with my fever and dizziness.  he laid on the sofa, playing a video game and moaning, "oh noooooooo the cat puked everywhere..." like, he's just watching the cat puke.  get me a paper towel.  move the cat to a different space.  this is not an Entertainment Sports Show!!!  do something! 

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 06:51:32 PM »
Aside from tidying as much as possible beforehand, there's a public fireworks display locally so that's good (much better than individuals setting off in their back gardens & stuff). I'll be having a quiet one otherwise (not big on booze & booze is a massive part of Scottish Hogmanays)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 08:40:43 AM »
Nothing much here - just staying home and trying to keep busy as usual. I don't mind the fireworks (except when idiots start setting them off at like 1 pm on the 31st...! at least wait until it's night and you can actually see the dang things -_-) - though the dogs don't like them (cats don't care a bit) - but I'm not a fan of New Year's, I just find it stressful. I never do anything for it.

Speaking of fireworks...

Happy new year!!

oh did I mention I'm sick as well, but would it be TOO MUCH to ask the Man of the Household to flip the switch on the tea kettle once or twice? 

at some point today while cleaning up cat vomit, i had total double-vision to go with my fever and dizziness.  he laid on the sofa, playing a video game and moaning, "oh noooooooo the cat puked everywhere..." like, he's just watching the cat puke.  get me a paper towel.  move the cat to a different space.  this is not an Entertainment Sports Show!!!  do something! 

MEN!! My dad's the exact same when it comes to cat vomit -_-
Sorry to hear you're all sick though Squirmy :( Sending hugs, hope you're feeling better soon :hug:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 09:06:10 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2023, 08:59:01 PM »
everyone is sick so I am doing laundry and making tea and washing everything we touch.  and refilling ice trays, water bottles, re-heating ricepacks, tracking medications, scrubbing down the washroom, etc.

That sucks, I'm sorry.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2023, 01:53:29 AM »
Last year when me and hubby came home from watching fireworks I noticed our youngest cat was a bit stirred up. The others have never reacted to the fireworks but this one did. So in remembrance of that I decided to be home this year, which is very easy since; no friends to celebrate with and hubby worked. I opted to stay up until midnight and watched a movie on Netflix and around a quarter to midnight I raised the volume on the TV really loud and kept it that way until 15 minutes past. We heard nothing of the fireworks and the cats were at ease.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2023, 02:46:10 PM »
I'm late to the party, but I pretty much spent it sitting in a hot bath catching up texting friends. I'm not a New Year's fan. Like LaW said...it's cold and boring. My husband wanted us to go to a New Years party, and I told him okay at first, but then found out at the last minute it wasn't family friendly. Well I'm not paying for a sitter, even if one could be found at zero hour on New Year's eve. I told him to go without me, but he stayed home too.

Offline Rainlove The Pegasus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 08:49:44 AM »
What I did was I stayed up till 12:30 am and listened to all the nearby fireworks. Our neighbor next to us bought some loud and expensive fireworks and my parents and I watched them from our driveway. I swear, they were the loudest fireworks I have ever heard! I also had my G3 Sparkleworks pony with me as company.
Rainlove
The
Pegasus

Sig by Starscout!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal