collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 93088 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #615 on: May 31, 2023, 02:48:01 AM »
Yona 41 is out, but I haven't ordered it yet because DAiya act 2 34 is out of stock *growls Eijun-style*. At least, if I want to pay 3x retail I can get it, but I'll have to wait for the reprint run *sigh*. I'm sure it's because it's the last volume. Never mind...

I was in London last week, and I saw the Hana to Yume (I think it's that one) manga zasshi in the Japan Centre. I mention because Yona was on the front. I don't know why, though. I only saw it from the queue and they shrinkwrap the volumes so nobody can flick through them. I was interested to see it though. Wondering if something climactic has happened in the latest chapter. The image was just Yona herself, so no clues there....

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 31, 2023, 11:32:37 AM »
Wow, I'm surprised that Daiya volume has already exhausted the first printing.  :shocked: I guess I shouldn't be since it seems to be really popular in Japan (maybe further proof that it would probably sell well in the US and other countries if the physical books were available and not just the ebooks).

I hope the reprint doesn't take too long.  That's happened a couple of times with some of Viz's titles including some volumes of Yona and Fly Me to the Moon.  In the US it takes around 6 or 9 months for the reprints to be available, but I think part of that reason is there's only a few machines in the US that can print manga properly.

That's really interesting about Yona on the cover of the magazine. I'm curious why she was on there too.  I just googled it and if I found the same one that you saw, there's a double sided Yona poster inside. :)  One side has Hak and Yona and the other has Zeno and Sinha. 

I still need to read Yona 38.  I've had a lot of stuff going on and haven't had a chance to get to it yet.

I'm thinking about picking up Honey Lemon Soda. 

I rearranged the manga shelves again.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 06, 2023, 12:15:44 PM »
Horimiya 16 came out in the US a couple of weeks ago.  I still need volumes 10 and up though.  There's also another volume called Horimiya  Memorial Book Page 100 coming out soon.  I guess it's an art book for the series?

Ponyfan

Online Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #618 on: June 21, 2023, 02:04:31 AM »
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I sort of recently picked up & started reading Vanitas. I like it so far :)
I'm also still waiting for my copy of A Sign of Affection 6. I preordered it on amazon, but it's still sold out - I guess they had too many preorders. It hasn't been sent yet ;A; I see you got yours, Ponyfan :)
I'm due a rearrange, too. ^^'

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 21, 2023, 05:04:42 PM »
I bought my husband 1-3 of Spy x Family which he immediately bought the rest of the series up until the next volume.  I guess that is a positive thing  :shocked:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 05:57:04 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 22, 2023, 09:18:02 AM »
Still waiting for Amazon japan to restock Daiya Act II 34. I guess a lot of people bought copies as I am 99% sure it's the last volume. I know some folk who don't speak Japanese have also ordered it, which is fine of course but increases the demand. I may have to start looking at other options but the thing is that they're more expensive. I'd like to pay retail since I'll already have to pay shipping.

I also still have Yona 41 waiting in my basket so I can combine that. So annoying.

There are some lovely scenes in the last chapters. And I want to reread them -.-
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 24, 2023, 03:38:03 PM »
I've thought about buying Daiya in Japanese a few times even though I wouldn't be able to read it, but I've never followed through with that idea.  I do have a few ebooks in English on my ereader though.   

I picked up Horimiyia 10, Insomniacs After School 2, Rainbow Days 4, Ima a Koi, 6 and Komi 25 recently.  :)  Both bookstores are out of Horimiya 11. I might end up ordering the rest of the series from Amazon.

I need to rearrange the manga shelves again.  It seems that's a task that's never done. :dizzy:

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I sort of recently picked up & started reading Vanitas. I like it so far :)
I'm also still waiting for my copy of A Sign of Affection 6. I preordered it on amazon, but it's still sold out - I guess they had too many preorders. It hasn't been sent yet ;A; I see you got yours, Ponyfan :)
I'm due a rearrange, too. ^^'

I hope you get your copy soon.   :)  The bookstore I usually go to was supposed to have it in stock the week it came out, but I had to wait an extra week before it was on the shelves.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 01, 2023, 03:30:49 PM »
I did a slight rearrange of the manga shelves.  I had to open the last free box I had to put books in, so it looks like I might have to get a couple more boxes soon.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 12, 2023, 05:23:13 AM »
I saw the Horimiya 100 book at the bookstore yesterday.  The art is so beautiful that I want to get it at some point.  When I checked Amazon this morning, I found out that the release date is next week.

Ponyfan

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 13, 2023, 06:35:33 AM »
I generally don't read manga, but for some reason I thought I ought to read the Nausicaa manga as they're at the library. I used to watch the movie all the time and wanted more to the story after being reminded of it by Shuna's Journey ,  which was AMAZING. Seriously, the whole thing is full color paintings basically and it's only been recently translated. I adore fairy tale retellings and explorations of folklore, so Shuna's Journey (which is also by Myazaki!) was so enjoyable. Anyway, I was (predictably) completely blown away by Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and I don't know why it took me so long to read it. It's right up there with Lord of the Rings on the greatest fantasy/stories of all time list for me.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 13, 2023, 09:12:16 AM »
I finally got a hold of the first volume of Who Made Me a Princess. It's beautiful even with the little weird croppings they sometimes do when making a book put of a webtoon. I also picked upp the first volume of My best boss and me. It's so cute!
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 23, 2023, 05:27:59 PM »
I preordered the Nendoroids for Therapy Game, and I'm so sad to see Vol.3 of Therapy Game: Restart isn't out until next year!!  :cry:

I still wonder what is happening to Drug and Drop, the sequel to Legal Drug by CLAMP. I have the original Tokyopop volumes, the Dark Horse Omnibus Edition and Vol.1 and 2 of the sequel, where is the rest??

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 24, 2023, 09:22:08 AM »
I preordered the Nendoroids for Therapy Game, and I'm so sad to see Vol.3 of Therapy Game: Restart isn't out until next year!!  :cry:

I still wonder what is happening to Drug and Drop, the sequel to Legal Drug by CLAMP. I have the original Tokyopop volumes, the Dark Horse Omnibus Edition and Vol.1 and 2 of the sequel, where is the rest??

The series has been on hiatus since 2013; CLAMP have kind of a habit of putting stuff on long hiatuses unfortunately :(

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 25, 2023, 08:48:52 AM »
Still can't order Daiya 34 :(

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 10:30:01 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 25, 2023, 12:52:11 PM »

The series has been on hiatus since 2013; CLAMP have kind of a habit of putting stuff on long hiatuses unfortunately :(

Woah! That's just painstaklingly long! :-O I think I've waited a couple of years on some... but never that long. :-/
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal