collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 93115 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #570 on: December 18, 2022, 12:25:40 AM »
I have both Moriarty and Yona to read. And I need to grab the latest Daiya release which was out a couple of days ago, although I will wait now till the new year and hopefully the last volume(S) before I order it. Still hopeful that we will see a season 4 anime some time early this year.

Moriarty is still ongoing but I really need to catch up before I think about buying any more.

I don't know about any fresh Yona releases either. In Jan, I shall find out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 23, 2022, 07:35:38 PM »
I want a season 4 of Daiya too.  :D  I keep hoping we'll hear some official news soon.

I read Yona 36 today

Spoiler
Several things about 36 worry me a bit, espeically Yona's dream.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 24, 2022, 01:12:29 AM »
Oh yes.

Spoiler
Don't get me started on Yona's dream. It's been freaking me out ever since the volume was released. Bear in mind she had a sort of dream-predict at the start, didn't she? About having to flee the castle...and thinking of her mother, too :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 24, 2022, 05:28:42 AM »
I've still to read Case Files of Jeweller Richard properly, but what I DID glance through was so promising I ordered Vol.2, 3, 4 and the first Light Novel! Sadly I somehow got the novel and Vol.4 before 2 and 3 and Wordery has advised that Vol.2 as well as my copy of Banana Fish Vol.1 is delayed.

I got Killing Stalking Vol.1 and I weighed it as it's an absolute BRICK! It weighs 847g!!!!!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 28, 2022, 03:33:57 PM »
Oh yes.

Spoiler
Don't get me started on Yona's dream. It's been freaking me out ever since the volume was released. Bear in mind she had a sort of dream-predict at the start, didn't she? About having to flee the castle...and thinking of her mother, too :/

Spoiler
I really hope it's nothing more than a nightmare brought on by the current circumstances Yona finds herself in, but the fact that Yona seems to have inherited some of her mother's abilities to see the future worries me.

Also, the fact that even though Yona was unconscious, she dreamed/saw Suwon's coronation.

I think when Yona told Hak about her dream that they were being chased out of the palace, she mentioned the palace was on fire?  If I remember correctly that didn't happen during their escape.

I also read Yona 37

Spoiler

What a cliffhanger. :wail:  Between Yona's dream and Hak missing after the flood it's going to be hard to wait until March when 38 comes out in the US.  I refuse to believe that Hak is dead. I'm sure he'll turn up alive somewhere. 

Now that I'm caught up on Yona for a while, I'm wondering if I should start Komi or another series.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 07:01:30 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 29, 2022, 11:04:36 AM »
IIRC
Spoiler
Hak was alive in v.38 or 39. I haven't read any of these properly yet, but I always check to see everyone's still around...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 29, 2022, 03:12:25 PM »
IIRC
Spoiler
Hak was alive in v.38 or 39. I haven't read any of these properly yet, but I always check to see everyone's still around...

Spoiler
*lets out breath Ponyfan's been holding since finishing v 37*

Knowing Hak is alive in later volumes makes me feel a lot better. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 07, 2023, 03:24:30 PM »
I picked up Haikyuu 12, 13 14 and Fly Me to the Moon 10 today. :)

I'm going to try not to buy any more manga for at least a month until the next volume of Komi or Yona comes out. 

I've started taking pictures on my phone of the manga shelves so I can keep track of what volume of need next so I don't end up accidentally buying a book I already have.

I also heard an interesting conversation in the manga section today, but I'm not sure if it's appropriate to talk about here. It wasn't a conversation you hear about manga everyday.

Ponyfan

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 08, 2023, 07:25:50 AM »
Has anybody picked up Spy X Family?  I saw some fanart on Pintrest and I am vaguely intrigued. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2023, 08:22:32 AM »
Could you tell us the basic gist or theme of the talk? I'm intrigued now.

I have a word document with a list of my manga, although it's just the paper ones, I don't have a list of my digital manga as I only ever buy digital if it doesn't exist in paper form (so FAKE Second Season in  English and Awkward Silence extra books). It's a long-winded way of doing it but it's kinda satisfying! It comes in handy with long series such as World's Greatest First Love. It has the title, author/artist, publisher (since I have both the Juné and SuBLime versions of the Viewfinder series) and a picture of the cover.

I'm not seeing much on Previews lately, Caste Heaven has come out but I'm still avoiding that series like an utter plague (yes, eventhough I have read Killing/Stalking, but the setup is quite different). I'm still waiting for Crimson Spell or Other World's Bookkeeper etc.

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 08, 2023, 12:12:36 PM »
I've got a .txt file list of all my manga (+ western comics), I keep a copy of it on my site server too so I can quickly check it on my phone while I'm out :)

I'm curious about the conversation too!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 08, 2023, 04:00:14 PM »
I've only watched SpyxFamily, not read it. I've no space to add another series to my manga collection atm, though I do think it's a beautiful series and I love it :)

It's funny you say that about reading, Ponyfan. I got down to reading Yona 36 and 37 finally, and forgot I hadn't read 36 so I first picked up 37 and then went, huh, what is going on here? XD But I am fine now. I've got 38 and 39 on my unit here, ready to be read next.

Spoiler about the previous spoiler tag...
Spoiler
Confirm Hak is definitely alive.

New Yona on 20 Jan so I'll order that and 32 of Daiya Act II, which may or may not be the last official volume of Act 2, I am not sure if there will be another *sob*. I want to reread Act II but I'm sort of waiting for the anime to catch up since I'm lazy and cba to grab all my volumes. I did reread half of it last year but got distracted.

I will probably never like
Spoiler
the Seihou game thanks to stupid/toxic fans trying to make it some kind of Eijun and Koushuu battery epiphany
but now the series has 'ended' I feel more comfortable with it, knowing that the fan nonsense was just nonsense and
Spoiler
the battery that mattered in the end was the one built up from the start.

I intend to try and catch back up with Yuukoku no Moriarty once I'm square with Yona again. I think I'm around vol 8, and that's not even halfway. There's a lot more stories in the manga than in the animation. And Horimiya, as I haven't read the last few volumes, but the first half of that series is the best imo. It gets a bit redundant with
Spoiler
Kyouko's relationship with her father and her other violent tendencies.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 09, 2023, 03:49:41 PM »

It's funny you say that about reading, Ponyfan. I got down to reading Yona 36 and 37 finally, and forgot I hadn't read 36 so I first picked up 37 and then went, huh, what is going on here? XD But I am fine now. I've got 38 and 39 on my unit here, ready to be read next.

Spoiler about the previous spoiler tag...
Spoiler
Confirm Hak is definitely alive.

I did the same thing. I picked up Yona 37 and realized it wasn't where I remembered things being left off at the end of 35 and then remembered that I hadn't read 36. 

Spoiler
It makes me really happy to know that Hak is still alive. I figured he would be, but the fact that Keishuk was talking like he was sure Hak was dead had me worried.

New Yona on 20 Jan so I'll order that and 32 of Daiya Act II, which may or may not be the last official volume of Act 2, I am not sure if there will be another *sob*. I want to reread Act II but I'm sort of waiting for the anime to catch up since I'm lazy and cba to grab all my volumes. I did reread half of it last year but got distracted.

I will probably never like
Spoiler
the Seihou game thanks to stupid/toxic fans trying to make it some kind of Eijun and Koushuu battery epiphany
but now the series has 'ended' I feel more comfortable with it, knowing that the fan nonsense was just nonsense and
Spoiler
the battery that mattered in the end was the one built up from the start.

Spoiler
I like Koushuu, but I've always felt Eijun's best battery partner is Miyuki.  There's a special bond between Eijun and Miyuki that shows especially when they're partners that doesn't happen when either one of them are paired with someone else.   

Sometimes I wonder what an Eijun/Chris battery would have been like if Chris hadn't been injured the year before.

@lovesbabysquirmy

I've enjoyed the Spy x Family anime.  I've had the manga in my hands a couple of times, but I've never made it to the cash register with it.  That being said I'll probably end up with a few volumes eventually. :)

Since so many are interested in the conversation I overhead I'll try to put it in Arena friendly terms.

While I was deciding what manga to buy I heard a few people come in to that section of the bookstore also.  They were shopping for a young teenager's birthday. 

The teenage girl saw a series she wanted and had already read online.  The girl said her mom said she couldn't have it though because it had inappropriate pictures in it.  The person that was buying her something for her birthday said she didn't care if the teenager got it because she could find that kind of stuff easily on her phone. 

I don't know what series they were talking about.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 10, 2023, 01:11:51 AM »
On Daiya,

Spoiler
Koushuu was kind of ruined for me as a character initially since his fanbase were so toxic. Though I also started avoiding the sections of the internet where they were at their worst - making up stuff that didn't happen in the manga and so on - and after that I got to like him more. I liked him originally, but I started dreading him appearing because I knew someone would start.

...I do like him though, overall. Now he's in his proper place in the story. I like both Koushuu and Yui. Now they made Koushien, obviously I want an arc where they go on and win it, and then we see post-retirement Miyuki overseeing the rivalry between Koushuu and Yui for the number 2 shirt. Which is something I didn't think I cared for.

I remember Terajima saying that Chris took more of Eijun's attention than he expected, so I guess he didn't predict their battery having the same meaning. But I like Chris as Eijun's mentor and teacher. Also Miyuki's.

Catchers are fun. :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline StarryEmerald24

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 18, 2023, 01:51:08 PM »
I bought the SpyxFamily manga as a bundle with just about every volume released in English so far and I read the first two. The anime is pretty spot on with the manga. I'll have to see if my opinion changes any as I continue, but so far I like it. I'm caught up in the anime and I really like it so of course I had to have the manga, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal