collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 92928 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #555 on: October 22, 2022, 03:46:05 PM »
Thank you lovesbabysqurimy. :D  I was a little worried that it might get lost or something before it arrived but I'm so happy it came and in good condition too.  I've seen a few people say they got books from Amazon that looked like they were returns even though the books were supposed to be new.

I picked up Fly to me Moon 7 and 8 and Haikyuu 10 and 11 today.

Has anyone read Snow White with the Red Hair?  I'm trying to decide if I want to start that one.  I looked at vol 1 today but the bookstore was out of vol 2.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 06:47:01 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #556 on: October 23, 2022, 01:13:03 PM »
I watched the first couple of episodes of Snow White but the main character irked me and the main male character did too. There seemed to be a lot of convenient explication. It's no Yona, in my opinion. Though I do think it to be quite popular, I just couldn't get into it.

The manga could be better, though. It's hard to say with anime adaptations. I just usually begin there because of the import cost otherwise.

On Daiya...the 'last' chapter dropped today.

Spoiler
I've only skimmed it, and I'm really not sure at the moment what it means or if it is actually the end of the series. I do think it might be, though. It will leave a lot of people unsatisfied, because we all want to see the team conquer Koushien, but I don't remember seeing the 完 character at the end of Act I. I need to go check vol 47...

Ok, vol 47 says End of Daiya no Ace part 1, go to next (part). But I don't know what the original manga said, because I remember reading him saying he wasn't sure he would continue and then he did.

The other reason I have a smidge of doubt is that the very last statement on the last page of the manga is
Spoiler
Eijun stating this is the beginning of his new/next adventure.

I actually wonder what the potential is for a future manga spinoff in the pro league.

Also, since they only got to C in their money making spam spinoff alphabet with Daiya no Cat, I can't imagine the publishers will want to let it all go just yet.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 12:55:59 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 26, 2022, 11:46:15 AM »
Thanks, Taffeta.  I looked at the synopsis for  Snow White vols 1 and 2 and they don't really grab me.  I'll probably give the anime a try before I decide to buy them.  I tried to get in to the Spy Family manga, but it's more interesting to me to watch the anime instead of trying to read the manga. 

Daiya

Spoiler

I hope it's not the end and we will see Seidou go on and win Koushien.  That being said though, if it ends where it is now, at least we know Seidou won the game, enjoying the celebration and are going to Koushien.

I hope Eijun saying that is a hint that the manga will continue. :D

I started thinking the other day about which characters will probably go pro after high school, but there's so many that my post would be really long if I named them all.  :lol:  I've read a lot of fanfics about Miyuki and Eijun going pro, but playing on different teams.  It makes for a good story, but I can't see that officially happening since forming a battery with Miyuki was the reason that Eijun wanted to come to Seidou in the first place.

I don't know a lot about the spinoff series, but I think I read that Daiya no B was about the characters being in a band?  I'm assuming Daiya no Cat has something to do with cats?

I'm hoping that I will get a chance to read Yona 36 and 37 soon. :D  I started looking at 37 the other day before I remembered that I needed to read 36.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 12:17:11 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 30, 2022, 12:42:16 PM »
I finished updating my manga list!!! It was more fun updating this previously, now I'll need to keep on top of it @_@ But yeah that's it all up to date with pictures, authors and publishers! I came across Kiss Him, Not Me! again as that series has finished since I last updated the list and I am STILL mad at how it ended!

Spoiler
Kae should have ended up with the girl for SURE, and none of the boys ended up with each other, despite hints?? I kinda know part of the series is to show that Kae is kinda being weird by shipping real people who have no interest in each other, but I still genuinely thought with the set-up that she and the girl would pair, then the four boys would split to two pairs? It genuinely seems she settled with the sleepy-eyed chill one at random. THE GIRL WAS PERFECT FOR HER!!!!!! I DON'T GET IT!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 31, 2022, 07:30:00 AM »
I need to update my manga list too.

I've been thinking about rereading Honey So Sweet. 

I noticed Amazon has restocked a lot of the Horimiya volumes.  My budget's pretty tight right now though, so it will be a while before I can get more of that series.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 11, 2022, 07:03:17 PM »
It seems like every time I want to relax and read manga something comes up. :(  Hopefully soon I'll be able to read Yona 36 and 37.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 17, 2022, 04:57:28 PM »
So, some Daiya news I just found online...

Daiya is to continue at least until the end of the Teitou and Ugumori game. (Ugumori better win). But Terajima sensei needs a break, which I think everyone had already assumed. He wants to at least finish that, I think it's important that he does as well, because you know, completion.

But the article is quite interesting. I wonder how that kind of chapter distribution might affect availability outside of Japan...we'll see what happens. It will obviously not be right away, but I can 100% understand that Jump's scheduling is not condusive to good health. He pretty much broke down after Act I so this was predictable and he needs to make sure he is ok before trying to go on.

Link to article (I can't see anything not site friendly but click with care in case of adverts, I don't know what they will show in other regions)
https://www.animegeek.com/ace-of-diamond-act-3-manga-sequel-east-tokyo-finals-daiya-no-ace-act-3-creator-yuji-terajima/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 19, 2022, 05:52:54 PM »
So, some Daiya news I just found online...

Daiya is to continue at least until the end of the Teitou and Ugumori game. (Ugumori better win). But Terajima sensei needs a break, which I think everyone had already assumed. He wants to at least finish that, I think it's important that he does as well, because you know, completion.

But the article is quite interesting. I wonder how that kind of chapter distribution might affect availability outside of Japan...we'll see what happens. It will obviously not be right away, but I can 100% understand that Jump's scheduling is not condusive to good health. He pretty much broke down after Act I so this was predictable and he needs to make sure he is ok before trying to go on.

Link to article (I can't see anything not site friendly but click with care in case of adverts, I don't know what they will show in other regions)
https://www.animegeek.com/ace-of-diamond-act-3-manga-sequel-east-tokyo-finals-daiya-no-ace-act-3-creator-yuji-terajima/

Daiya

Spoiler
If I'm understanding everything, the Teitou vs Ugumori  game is the final game for the East Tokyo division and the team that wins will head to Koushien? I was confused for a second because I remembered Seidou playing against East Tokyo teams, but I think that was the Fall Tournament and the previous Summer one.

It must be hard to try to keep up with a demanding release schedule when you're writing a manga.  I remember reading the author of Fruits Basket had some kind of trouble when they were getting near the end of the story and if you look closely, some of the drawings especially of Machi don't look as polished as the drawings at the beginning. 

I bought A Man and His Cat 7, and Horimiya 5 and 6 today.  I'm still holding you responsible for getting me in to another series.   :P 

While I was looking at manga, I heard several discussions around me.  It made me smile because I heard conversations about Fruits Basket, Sailor Moon and My Dress Up Darling.  My favorite one was about Fruits Basket because I heard someone say "Look, Fruits Basket!" followed by someone saying  "Furuba!"  :)

Here's pictures of the manga shelves with the new titles added in.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 20, 2022, 09:40:17 AM »
I take pride in corrupting you to good manga :D

And you're correct on your Daiya assumptions :D

Spoiler
The summer tournament is split into east and west, the autumn one isn't.

So Teitou v Ugumori is the East final and the winner will go to Koushien. Teitou are the east block equivalent of Inajitsu, but I'd love to see Ugumori win and take Nao there!!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 20, 2022, 11:21:51 AM »
Manga releases are quiet for me at the moment, I still look at Previews every week to see what's coming out. I'm waiting for Crimson Spell Vol.7 that MIGHT be the final volume according to what I'm understanding from a foreign listing.

There's a BEAUTIFUL Therapy Game box set that the Italian translation got?? I'm tempted to get it for the sheer loveliness of the box. Why can't we have that  :cry:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 28, 2022, 07:24:30 PM »
I've seen some pretty box sets, but I don't own any.  Demon Slayer has an attractive one (it draws my attention even though I don't read that series).  The first releases of Sailor Moon had some nice artwork on the box sets. I was surprised that I saw a box set of Rent a Girlfriend at Walmart.   :shocked:  Most of the Walmarts in my area carry some of the most popular manga titles, but to see a box set is rare.

I try to keep up with Yona and Komi releases even if I'm behind on reading them. :)  I still need to read Yona 36 and 37.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 09, 2022, 07:27:22 PM »
I bought more manga today.  I bought Ima Koi 4,  Horimiya 7, Fly Me to the Moon 9 and Rainbow Days 1. 

I'm taking a chance on Rainbow Days; hopefully I won't get in to the same situation I did with My Love Mix Up.  I bought My Love Mix Up based on the synopsis and after I got home and did a little more research about it, found out it wasn't a series I was going to enjoy.

I also saw the newest Komi at the bookstore, but the official release date in the US is the 13th.  I wish they'd stop putting titles out early. It's so annoying to see the book right there in front of me and know I can't buy it yet.

Ponyfan

Online Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 10, 2022, 04:06:44 AM »
I bought the Therapy Game box set as it came down in price and it's still so beautiful. I re-read a bit of it the other day and I'm still in love with how funny and spicy-sweet it is. The main lead is just so earnest in his love!

I am thinking about getting Case Files of Jeweller Richard as I got hints there was something to this, and it turns out I might be right as
Spoiler
according to a reviewer of later in the series, it's hinted that Seigi is in love with Richard's beauty, and Richard himself clarifies in a conversation that he has never had a male lover, implying only women before

I'll still consider it.

Under the spoiler I'm going to be talking about a VERY notorious series, with a lot of subject matter that's not allowed on this forum. I won't talk about specifics but yeah, it's a dark series.

Spoiler
I somehow started reading Killing Stalking, a Korean series that was all over Tumblr a couple of years ago. At first, I didn't understand why people liked this series at all, it just seemed to be never ending torment with no let-up. I skipped a little and found a lightening of the mood, and it drew me in with how it keeps you on edge, and Koogi is VERY good at calling back to earlier scenes and moments, and some things make so much sense in context once background is revealed. The more we learn about Sangwoo, the more interesting it gets and it's VERY little wonder considering what's happened to both of them that both Sangwoo and Bum hallucinate. I still don't like how young Bum looks at time, especially when compared to Sangwoo who is YOUNGER than him, but that's due to the difference in builds and Bum's severely traumatising background. Bum really is treated so horribly by the universe ...

I read it online and I might get the paperback as it just refuses to leave me alone.

I know the ending, and I have many thoughts. I know it's controversial amongst the fandom, and I found it profoundly sad and yet fitting. Another spoiler below:

Spoiler
I don't think Sangwoo is alive. I find it odd that both Bum and the detective are told to 'come back tomorrow', but I do believe he died considering how badly he was burned. I think Bum is hallucinating, especially considering his facial bandages are gone when he starts hearing Sangwoo call him in the house, and reappear when he sees him crossing the road. I think Bum is again hallucinating, and I think the implication is that he was run over and killed, especially taking into consideration the taxi driver's comments about Bum being in the middle of the road earlier in the chapter
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 04:20:13 AM by Lady Frostbite »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 15, 2022, 03:18:31 PM »
I picked up Komi 22 today.  :)  I'm going to try to avoid buying new manga for a while now.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 17, 2022, 07:00:15 PM »
Komi has a really pretty box set for the first 4 volumes.   I was surprised when I saw it at Target today.  The box art is so captivating but I'm not buying books I already have just to get a pretty box. :silly: 

I'm hoping to get a chance to catch up on Yona soon.  I still need to read volumes 36 and 37.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal