collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 93040 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #510 on: July 22, 2022, 11:07:26 AM »
Your shelves all look so neat :'(

When I get mine more organised, I'll take some pictures if I can. Although most of them aren't on shelves at all, and are not currently in a proper order. Sigh.

Edit: Ok, it's not as pretty as you guys, but it's at least a bit more organised now...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Literally the only shelf I have on my bookcase with space for manga. It's 2 deep. I can't even remember what's behind these except more Furuba. The manga visible is Fushigi Yuugi, Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden and some of Fruits Basket. The single volume of Nana was a gift from a Japanese friend.

Most of my manga right now is in these boxes or piled up here. The boxes contain the few bleach volumes I kept, Haruka,SotsuM, Kiniro no Koruda...on the top there's all my current Daiya no Ace Manga, Horimiya and some Mashiro no Oto volumes as well. At the back is Angelique but you can't see them.

And the ones by my unit...which are currently Moriarty the Patriot, Akatsuki no Yona (the middle column with the red block text on the spine is all Yona) and Saiyuuki (on the right).

There are some more in one of the drawers of my cabinet that I can't currently get at. But this is the majority.

And I seriously don't buy that much manga because of space issues and cost of shipping ><.

I don't have any manga in English any more. I have a few Furuba volumes in French, also a few of another series, but otherwise it's all in Japanese.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 03:54:43 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 04, 2022, 07:34:49 PM »
Wow! : :shocked: :shocked: I love seeing pics of your manga, Taffeta.

*grabby hands at Daiya and Yona*  :lovey: 

Seeing the Japanese versions of Yona is really interesting since the spines are so different from the English releases.

Speaking of Daiya, I'm feeling kind of up and down about the manga right now.

I will say this mind you.

Spoiler
We had a lovely array of Zono-faces in this week's chapter. I love me a good Zono face. ;)

Also:
Spoiler
The game hasn't ended yet. Last week was an evil evil cliffhanger break.

Neither of the above are proper plot spoilers.

The following includes one, however, so read at own risk.

Spoiler
It was so interesting seeing Mukai watching this game this chapter. It's been a LONG time since the game between Seidou and Teitou, and his observations about Toujou, how Toujou could hit his pitch, and how he shouldn't give up on being a pitcher. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I'm sure there was a comparison between Mukai the ace who went to Koushien already and Toujou who had to shift to outfield...and Mukai having the thought about Toujou giving up the pitcher slot to 'outsiders' (not from Tokyo).

So Toujou is now up to bat. Since the author went to the trouble of referencing that ancient rivalry, I really hope he can hit the ball.

Spoiler
That's really interesting. I had forgotten about Mukai and Toujou being rival pitchers in middle school.  I think Toujou also pitched for Japan's Little League Tournament?

I keep wondering how much longer this game can go on.  It seems like it's taking forever.  It better be worth it in the end.  I will be devastated if  Seidou loses. 

I bought some manga from Amazon. :) 

I still need to read Yona 36.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 07:01:07 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 05, 2022, 10:27:40 AM »
On Daiya...
Spoiler
I feel like the last 2 chapters were basically pointless.

Also, as regards the point in the game that we're at right now...
Spoiler
They're just about to go into the bottom of the ninth. Actual detail spoiler under next tag:
Spoiler
That's Inajitsu batting, Mei should be the next batter.

And...
Spoiler
Based on the pace of the last several chapters, I'm anticipating at least 3 or 4 chapters minimum left, and won't rule out extra innings at this point.

There's just one thing that sticks in my head (this is a proper spoiler, be warned)
Spoiler
When Eijun came off the mound after the eighth, he dropped the water bottle Koushuu gave him as though his fingers were messed up. Remembering Nori in the Yakushi game, I worry a bit about this. I can't see another option for the game except for Eijun to hold down the batters, because the game ought to centre on his performance vs the previous game vs Inajitsu...but...I never know with this mangaka.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 10:31:34 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 08, 2022, 07:34:06 PM »
On Daiya...

There's just one thing that sticks in my head (this is a proper spoiler, be warned)
Spoiler
When Eijun came off the mound after the eighth, he dropped the water bottle Koushuu gave him as though his fingers were messed up. Remembering Nori in the Yakushi game, I worry a bit about this. I can't see another option for the game except for Eijun to hold down the batters, because the game ought to centre on his performance vs the previous game vs Inajitsu...but...I never know with this mangaka.

Spoiler
I hope Eijun's not injured.  Maybe he dropped the bottle for some other reason?  I will be really upset if Eijun has to be taken out of the game due to getting hurt.   

My manga from Amazon came today. :) I bought Sailor Moon Eternal 9 and 10 and Haikyuu 7 and 8.  One of my Haikyuu volumes looks a little rough on the spine but I don't want to send it back because I'd hate to get one that looks even worse.

I also bought Fly Me to the Moon 5 and A Sign of Affection 5 last week. 

Komi 20 comes out tomorrow but I'm debating on whether I want to pick it up right away or wait a bit.  I can usually find Komi pretty easily and I've already spent a lot on books recently.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 12, 2022, 02:21:44 PM »
This week is a manga break so there's still no new Daiya progress to report anyway. On the previous spoiler...
Spoiler
They still have Furuya in the game so he could go back to the mound, but Nori is out, so there really isn't another option. If Furuya is switched back in, the stupid section of Eijun's fandom are going to implode the internet with complaining. I also think it should be on Eijun. I *want* it to be Nori...but...

I suppose there's Toujou. At a push.

I also hope Eijun can hold down this inning. I suspect he's going to have a hard time vs Mei.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 12, 2022, 07:18:09 PM »
I ended up buying Komi 20 this week.  I'm going to try not to buy any more manga until Yona 37 comes out in the US in a couple of months.   Do you know if there is any Yona in Japan past 38 yet? 

Barnes and Noble was having an ebook sale and the first volume of Daiya in English was only $.99! :D  I like having physical copies better than digital, but I couldn't resist that price for a chance to read at least one of the volumes.  Usually, the ebooks are anywhere from $6.-$10.

This week is a manga break so there's still no new Daiya progress to report anyway. On the previous spoiler...
Spoiler
They still have Furuya in the game so he could go back to the mound, but Nori is out, so there really isn't another option. If Furuya is switched back in, the stupid section of Eijun's fandom are going to implode the internet with complaining. I also think it should be on Eijun. I *want* it to be Nori...but...

I suppose there's Toujou. At a push.

I also hope Eijun can hold down this inning. I suspect he's going to have a hard time vs Mei.

Spoiler

I think it should be Eijun too considering what happened in the last game.  I don't see him having an easy time against Mei either but I'm hoping Seidou and Eijun will win the game. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 07:19:45 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 13, 2022, 01:25:37 AM »
Well...
Spoiler
He did manage to hold down Shirakawa, and Yamaoka, and so he should be able to manage Mei, if his hand is ok.

This is entirely my theorising but to ratchet up the tension, I can see Mei getting on base and some last minute fielding scramble to prevent a score...

There's also Itsuki, who I don't want to ignore.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 13, 2022, 05:47:32 AM »
here is one shelf: 

Now you have to imagine 3 more shelves just like that.  and yes, it's double stacked and shelved. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 13, 2022, 01:38:12 PM »
here is one shelf: 

Now you have to imagine 3 more shelves just like that.  and yes, it's double stacked and shelved.

Now THAT is a manga bookshelf!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 13, 2022, 03:23:34 PM »
Well...
Spoiler
He did manage to hold down Shirakawa, and Yamaoka, and so he should be able to manage Mei, if his hand is ok.

This is entirely my theorising but to ratchet up the tension, I can see Mei getting on base and some last minute fielding scramble to prevent a score...

There's also Itsuki, who I don't want to ignore.

Spoiler
I can see that happening too.  Has Eijun faced Carlos yet? He's the last one I can think of on Inashiro's side that was directly involved in what happened during the last game between the two teams.

I love your shelf lovesbabysquirmy. :D

Ponyfan

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 13, 2022, 06:10:02 PM »
I think if you look closely you can see we have Fruits Basket 1-6 in Korean as well  :)  2nd shelf from the bottom, on the left

It frustrates me that for so many of the series we have, the last volume didn't get translated, or the printing gets cancelled... so they don't exist in English.  So the collection will be forever incomplete...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 14, 2022, 06:46:49 AM »
LOVE that shelf photo Lovesbabysquirmy!!!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 14, 2022, 02:59:12 PM »
That's an impressive shelf :D I'd love to be able to do that with my manga :D

@Ponyfan re Daiya (*spoilers*)
Spoiler
It was months ago but I think the answer is yes. Inajitsu start their batting lineup with Carlos. I'm just trying to remember if it was Eijun or Furuya who got him out in the seventh (?). I know he did Shirakawa and Yamaoka, also Saotome with a little help from fielders in the eighth. Iirc the next batter is Mei and then Itsuki as batters 5 and 6. I assume Yane is 7 but I might be wrong.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 05, 2022, 03:33:30 PM »
I bought A Man and His Cat 6 and The Way of the Househusband 8 the other day. 

I still need to read Yona 36.  37 comes out next month.  I might wait until that one comes out and then read both of them.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 06, 2022, 12:49:57 AM »
I've only flicked through yona 36 and 37, so I have the broad strokes but not all the details.

Last week was yet another week off with Daiya, I am guessing that the writer may be under a lot of stress and needing more time - or he might just want a holiday.

I have a feeling that the next chapter may be pivotal to the whole story.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal