collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 92940 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #495 on: July 03, 2022, 12:15:51 AM »
This is a little spoilerish, so click with care...
Spoiler
Mei should be the next batter Eijun faces.
But...
Spoiler
The next chapter should be the Seidou offence, I think starting with Zono.

I can't believe we're into July and it still hasn't finished. Since next week is a break, and since I can realistically see there being AT LEAST six more chapters before it does, I'm guessing august now.

I know that S.3 of Haikyuu anime is basically just covering one match. But I can see an entire season devoted to this game in Daiya as it stands - if they adapt it, but I can't imagine they won't.

I got to a chapter of Moriarty where for some unknown reason Sherlock's turned up at Durham university and is trying to get Will to go out for dinner with him. A slight change of pace. o.O
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 02:06:27 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 07, 2022, 03:31:36 PM »
Wow, that's almost a year for one game.  I'm assuming this is the longest game ever in Daiya? 

Are you saying that you think that the next season of the anime will go up to this game and then the next one after that will be this game only (So 2 more seasons total?)  I heard a rumor that work has begun on the next part of the anime, but it wasn't from a reliable source. :(

Spoiler
I can't remember what game they were in when the anime stopped but I think it was pretty early in the Summer tournament.  Maybe the 1st or 2nd game?

I bought Sailor Moon Eternal 8 and Horimiya 4 yesterday.

On a sad note the creator of Yu-gi-oh, Kazuki Takahashi died today in a diving accident.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 07, 2022, 04:17:02 PM »
I believe Act II's anime so far ended in a weird mashed up place.

Spoiler
I think...it officially ended at the start of/right before the 2nd game of the summer tournament, because a lot of the annoying fans were whining about it ending after Eijun 'looked bad' in the first game (sigh). But I also remember that there were some sections of Act II that got rearranged and a whole game is actually missing for them to end it where they do. It feels like they realised they ran out of space so mangled it.

There are two or three scenes where lines are cut or the whole scene is reordered so that it gives a different impact. But I know that the whole Ichidai vs Yakushi game should have been animated but I think wasn't.

And there's a nice scene with Toujou and Haruichi doing their innocent evil act that also got cut out.

I'm hoping any new season will go back and re-cover this post first match stuff. The Yakushi Ichidai round 3 is very dull, but it probably shouldn't be missing either.

Daiya seasons tend to be long - so far I think it's like 52 eps in season 1, 75 in season 2? 51 in season 3. So they might be able to get the whole of this into one season. Or maybe not.

I think almost a year is about right.

Spoiler
This is the ninth inning but who knows if it will go to extra innings. It's too soon to say.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 11, 2022, 07:24:01 PM »
Daiya

Spoiler
I think one of the scenes that comes across awkwardly in the anime is the one near the end where several of the characters are saying different things to Eijun.  I think they're trying to encourage him, but half of the dialogue of that scene is missing in the anime so it doesn't make complete sense why the other main characters are saying some of the things they do. 

I'm very Seidou centric and don't enjoy the games much when Seidou isn't playing.  That being said if the Yakushi Ichidai game is important I agree it shouldn't be skipped.

Spy Family manga is selling well now.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:48:09 AM by Ponyfan »

Online Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #499 on: July 13, 2022, 10:11:23 AM »
I have had to put reading and collecting on ice for a bit because of RL being a bit too busy, and packing up to move. But I got volume 5 of A Sign Of Affection in the mail just the other day ^^ so excited to read it later :D

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 13, 2022, 03:32:07 PM »
I have had to put reading and collecting on ice for a bit because of RL being a bit too busy, and packing up to move. But I got volume 5 of A Sign Of Affection in the mail just the other day ^^ so excited to read it later :D

I was going to get A Sign of Affection 5 last week but decided to get Horimiya 4 instead.  A Sign of Affection 5 is next on my list. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 16, 2022, 07:33:07 PM »
I had to buy more boxes for my manga as the ones I have books in right now are full.   I wish we had more space for bookshelves.  I'd love to be able to put all of my books out where I can see them.  I'm going to label the boxes so I know which series are in each box.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 18, 2022, 07:17:25 PM »
I have a bookshelf now for manga.  :D  I don't think all of the books will fit on there but a lot more of them will than what I was able to leave out before.  It's still a work in progress but here's a pic.

So far I've completely emptied one box of manga plus put several other books on the shelves also.

Ponyfan

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 19, 2022, 12:01:12 AM »
Post pictures when they're all out!! I love a fully-stocked manga bookshelf, mine is one of my pride and joys after keeping them in storage for so long <3

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 20, 2022, 02:14:37 PM »
Ah, look at all those little Yona books :D

I have manga on one shelf of my bookcase, 2 deep, but most of it is in tubs or piled up by my unit. My bookcase is still so full of academic texts, and I only have one bookcase *sobs*. The manga on my shelf is all older stuff I've had ages, like Furuba, Yuugi, etc. Daiya is under my desk.

Speaking of Daiya, I'm feeling kind of up and down about the manga right now.

I will say this mind you.

Spoiler
We had a lovely array of Zono-faces in this week's chapter. I love me a good Zono face. ;)

Also:
Spoiler
The game hasn't ended yet. Last week was an evil evil cliffhanger break.

Neither of the above are proper plot spoilers.

The following includes one, however, so read at own risk.

Spoiler
It was so interesting seeing Mukai watching this game this chapter. It's been a LONG time since the game between Seidou and Teitou, and his observations about Toujou, how Toujou could hit his pitch, and how he shouldn't give up on being a pitcher. My memory is a bit fuzzy but I'm sure there was a comparison between Mukai the ace who went to Koushien already and Toujou who had to shift to outfield...and Mukai having the thought about Toujou giving up the pitcher slot to 'outsiders' (not from Tokyo).

So Toujou is now up to bat. Since the author went to the trouble of referencing that ancient rivalry, I really hope he can hit the ball.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 03:47:28 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 20, 2022, 05:19:53 PM »
Ponyfan what a lovely shelf! 

I don't want to steal the thread so others should share their manga library photos before I show mine...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 20, 2022, 09:29:42 PM »
I just started re-reading Sailor Moon (it has a new, more accurate translation now) and Pokemon Adventures which I never finished and I'd still ongoing but I intend to catch up this time.
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Online Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #507 on: July 20, 2022, 11:37:40 PM »
Yay for shelves, Ponyfan :D I love seeing manga collections, they always look so neat ^^
I'll show my shelves once we've moved and set them up ^^ I haven't had a proper manga shelf since probably 2012-13? So I'm really excited we're getting shelves for it now for hubbys and my combined collections!

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 22, 2022, 09:25:05 AM »
Oooh I wanna see more manga shelf photos! :D Love seeing collection pics.

Here's mine, not the best pic admittedly but it's the most up-to-date one I could find - could've sworn I had a more recent photo (this is from April 2020) but apparently not... oh well, it still looks pretty much the same anyway.

Not pictured - 16 vols of Kodansha's Sailor Moon release (inc. Sailor V), 3 vols of Madoka Magica, and the first 7 vols of Tokyo Mew Mew are just off-screen. Still trying to figure out where to put all those Sailor Moon books X_X Can't fit anything else on this shelf, as it is I barely managed to squeeze Furubana and Claudine in there (good thing Claudine is such a slim book). Space is at a premium as you may be able to tell XD really need to find a better place to put Tux. But yeah, atm my Sailor Moon books are all piled up on various other shelves ^^;

I've been debating whether or not to get Kodansha's re-release of Tokyo Mew Mew, I've heard the translation is better than the original.. I love Tokyopop's TL but it really is wonky in places, a bit too localized for my taste in places too. I just wish they hadn't released it in ombinus form, never been a fan of those. Atm I'm holding off on buying it since the series is currently being re-released in Japan with new covers, bonus comics, etc so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that release will make it over here eventually.

Looking forward to seeing more shelf photos :lovey:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 22, 2022, 09:59:58 AM »
Thank you everyone.  I'd love to see more pics of everyone's manga too. :)

Here's some more pics of mine.  The shelf is so big that I can't get everything in one pic.  I tried to get pics of the first 2 shelves at different angles so everyone can see what's past Fruits Basket and Yona.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 10:01:37 AM by Ponyfan »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal