collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 93116 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #480 on: May 27, 2022, 12:42:24 PM »
I'm not clicking the Yona spoiler since I'm guessing it's about something that happens in vol 38.  I'm also not quoting because it will reveal the spoiler contents to me in the text box. 

A Yona cafe sounds amazing. :)  I hope there will be pictures of it. 

We always need more Yona anime. :D 

I've been catching up on Takane and Hana.  I have 2 more books left in the series.  I'm pretty sure I know how it's going to turn out though.  I'd be surprised if it didn't.

I checked on the English version of Daiya and they're up to

Spoiler
The intrasquad game that happens where Kataoka coaches the 2nd string players and Eijun pitches for them.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #481 on: May 27, 2022, 03:22:04 PM »
It's not really that much of a detail spoiler, honestly xD I wouldn't do that to you.

Wow, that's a looong way behind on the Daiya front. I don't understand how they can be so up to the minute with Yona and other series but that one is so far behind. Literally YEARS behind. Not on the right series, even, since it's still stuck on Act I.

The new Daiya manga chapter this week was a bit fateful. I won't spoiler it at all but yeah. Some nice quotes to take out of it.

I'm on vol 6 of Yuukoku no Moriarty now. I'm not a massive fan of this arc and wasn't in the anime but it's fine. Albert is still creepy. I swear he's more creepy in the manga than the anime somehow.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 27, 2022, 07:27:50 PM »
It's not really that much of a detail spoiler, honestly xD I wouldn't do that to you.

Wow, that's a looong way behind on the Daiya front. I don't understand how they can be so up to the minute with Yona and other series but that one is so far behind. Literally YEARS behind. Not on the right series, even, since it's still stuck on Act I.

The new Daiya manga chapter this week was a bit fateful. I won't spoiler it at all but yeah. Some nice quotes to take out of it.

I'm on vol 6 of Yuukoku no Moriarty now. I'm not a massive fan of this arc and wasn't in the anime but it's fine. Albert is still creepy. I swear he's more creepy in the manga than the anime somehow.

I went back and checked the Yona spoiler.  It makes me feel a little better about the current arc (assuming that vol 38 still has  Meinyan involved somehow, although I still think she's up to no good,) I'm also uneasy about the what's happening in the manga right now. 

I don't understand anything about the English Daiya releases. :dizzy:  I think it would be a popular series and would do well in print, but right now it's only published digitally and not even close to being caught up with the anime, let alone the Japanese version.  I have a feeling that Kodansha might put most of their efforts in to what they consider guaranteed money makers (they also publish Sailor Moon) and not pay much attention to lessor know series.

I don't understand why Daiya isn't more popular outside of Japan.  It seems like it would be a bit hit in the US since it's about baseball players.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 31, 2022, 11:59:09 AM »
I'm on the last book of Takane and Hana. :)  There's also a small bonus magazine with short stories that happen after vol 18. 

I knew I'd had the books for a while but a couple of them were published 2 years ago.  I didn't realize they had been sitting in my to be read pile for that long. 

Yona 36 comes out next week in the US. :D

I looked at Spy Family 1.  It looks really interesting and I almost bought it, but I should probably watch the anime first before I start the manga.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 31, 2022, 01:43:44 PM »
I'm avoiding buying any more manga at the moment since I splurged on Horimiya and Moriarty and I still have Yona I'm keeping up with, plus Daiya (although at the moment I'm waiting to see on the end of the current game before I decide if I want to catch up with those xD).

Anya is probably cuter when you can hear her speak mind you. Her saying "daijoubu-masu" is probably going to kill me, eventually ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 07, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »
I bought Yona 36 today along with Ima Koi 2, A Sign of Affection 4 and Horimiya 3. 

I flipped through Yona 36 and I've already seen some interesting things. It looks like there's more Zeno in than the last few volumes.

Also the release date for vol 37 in the US has been confirmed for October.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 03:15:51 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 07, 2022, 04:16:29 PM »
I flipped through 36 a while ago, I can't remember if this is one of his grumpy old man Zeno moments or not though. (I weirdly love those for some reason mind you XD). Because I flicked through and then went back to read properly, I get really confused about the order of some of the events...

I'm on volume 8 of Yuukoku no Moriarty. Just finished the Whitechapel arc. Albert really had nothing to do this arc. He was probably sitting back in London drinking wine while his brothers and companions ran riot (literally).

Spoiler
Another chapter, another scene in which Louis and Will use murder to demonstrate their fraternal bond, this time by a well-timed weapon swap. Also, this Louis is still creepy in a good way:
The whole arc and especially that scene is cut kind of short in the anime and they don't do the weapon swap, which is sad. Why shouldn't Louis get Will's cane?? He looks good with it too o.O.

It's the second brotherly bond moment that the anime has skipped out, which makes it look so much more like Will is just using Louis (which is not the case at all, Louis's life is probably the only one - including his own - that Will doesn't see as a pawn in his puppet show).

Also, the moment in the anime for that picture above is so much less sinister.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 03:56:55 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 14, 2022, 08:15:04 AM »
I decided to rearrange my manga last week.  Most of it lives in plastic boxes and I rotate some books to the shelves (Yona always stays on the shelves. :D) It was a bigger job than I thought it was going to be and after I dug out several of the boxes I realized that I had put most of my to be read series in the top 2 boxes so they would be easier to get to.

Yona 38 has a possible release date in the US in March 23. 

Yona

Spoiler

I keep hoping that we will hear what Zeno actually thinks about being in the palace.  It must be hard for him since he lived with Hiryuu there but so far I don't think he's mentioned anything.  Something I saw in 36 has me wondering what's going on with Zeno but since I don't know the context of the scene, I'm not sure what to say yet.

I'm hoping to pick up Komi Can't Communicate 19 this week.  I also took the first few volumes out of the boxes and put them on the shelves so I can start reading them.

I'm on volume 8 of Yuukoku no Moriarty. Just finished the Whitechapel arc. Albert really had nothing to do this arc. He was probably sitting back in London drinking wine while his brothers and companions ran riot (literally).

Spoiler
Another chapter, another scene in which Louis and Will use murder to demonstrate their fraternal bond, this time by a well-timed weapon swap. Also, this Louis is still creepy in a good way:
The whole arc and especially that scene is cut kind of short in the anime and they don't do the weapon swap, which is sad. Why shouldn't Louis get Will's cane?? He looks good with it too o.O.

It's the second brotherly bond moment that the anime has skipped out, which makes it look so much more like Will is just using Louis (which is not the case at all, Louis's life is probably the only one - including his own - that Will doesn't see as a pawn in his puppet show).

Also, the moment in the anime for that picture above is so much less sinister.

Spoiler

I don't know much about Moriarty since I don't follow that series but I agree with you about the picture.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 16, 2022, 10:25:02 AM »
I picked up Komi 19 today. :)

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 16, 2022, 10:34:13 AM »
There was a very satisfying moment in this week's Daiya chapter, for anyone who suffered through the last summer final. (No the game isn't over, no it didn't change the score).

Spoiler
Eijun/Seidou got Shirakawa out. :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 16, 2022, 07:31:21 PM »
There was a very satisfying moment in this week's Daiya chapter, for anyone who suffered through the last summer final. (No the game isn't over, no it didn't change the score).

Spoiler
Eijun/Seidou got Shirakawa out. :D

Spoiler
This makes me really happy too. :)  I couldn't see the game happening without them facing each other again.  Getting Shirakawa out shows how far Eijun and the team has progressed since the that game. 

Did Eijun have flashbacks to what happened last time? I've always wondered if he would if he and Shirakawa were in the same positions again.   

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 16, 2022, 11:28:02 PM »
Spoiler
Nope. I guess it's not such a trauma inside of him anymore, since overcoming the yips.

It was the first time they faced each other since the last summer final.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 18, 2022, 07:43:58 PM »
Spoiler
Nope. I guess it's not such a trauma inside of him anymore, since overcoming the yips.

It was the first time they faced each other since the last summer final.

Daiya
Spoiler
Now that he's faced Shirakawa I wonder if the final moment of the game will come down to Eijun vs Mei.

Seidou better win this game.  How many months has the game been going on for? I think it started around October? 

I haven't had a chance to read Yona 36 yet.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 19, 2022, 12:14:14 AM »
Daiya:
Spoiler
I think either late Sept or early Oct. I joked back then about it ending in June but actually I'm not sure that it will.

I have been trying to work out the maths of who the final batters could be for each side, because I thought that same thing, but I don't think it can end with Mei.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 02, 2022, 03:35:15 PM »
Daiya

Spoiler
That's really interesting. I thought for sure it would either be Shirakawa vs Eijun or Eijun vs Mei.  Maybe it will be Carlos? I'm assuming it would most likely be someone involved with what happened last time since Eijun is pitching.

The US has a publishing date for Yona 38. :D It will be released in March 23.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal