collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Correct release names for these ponies?  (Read 1322 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Correct release names for these ponies?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »
Ah, awesome. Thank you for sharing that. It now makes me want to ask Babydoll if her Bluebelle is Macau or if it's HK...

Edit: Checked the picture and it's probably Macau, since it's called "Belly".

This thread has taught me a lot. I'm going to check my pony hooves to remind myself what Macau ones I have (sister's got Cotton Candy, I was right, but other than Jenny, I'm now curious because I have a feeling I've got Lemon Drop - or she has.

Hrm. Not in my cupboard so must be Naynie's. I haven't got Macau peachy, just the Indian and the Italian ones as far as I can see. I am pretty sure that we got all of these in the UK, though, although I'm not 100% if Jenny was car boot sale or trade with Cookie in Paris now I think about it- so maybe you're right, PKW - at least about Macau LD.

It also struck me that the Argos images I have for Bluebelle have dark symbols, like the Macau one, or at least, much darker than any Bluebelle I have. I know Argos often deboxed to photo the actual item, and that's why the accessories they have in their images are often accurate to the pony - but either Bluebelle is photo edited or there are dark symboled early Bluebelles from the UK in some way or other...

Or I'm completely mad.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:47:20 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 04:00:31 PM »
Ah, awesome. Thank you for sharing that. It now makes me want to ask Babydoll if her Bluebelle is Macau or if it's HK...

Edit: Checked the picture and it's probably Macau, since it's called "Belly".

This thread has taught me a lot. I'm going to check my pony hooves to remind myself what Macau ones I have (sister's got Cotton Candy, I was right, but other than Jenny, I'm now curious because I have a feeling I've got Lemon Drop - or she has.

Hrm. Not in my cupboard so must be Naynie's. I haven't got Macau peachy, just the Indian and the Italian ones as far as I can see. I am pretty sure that we got all of these in the UK, though, although I'm not 100% if Jenny was car boot sale or trade with Cookie in Paris now I think about it- so maybe you're right, PKW - at least about Macau LD.

It also struck me that the Argos images I have for Bluebelle have dark symbols, like the Macau one, or at least, much darker than any Bluebelle I have. I know Argos often deboxed to photo the actual item, and that's why the accessories they have in their images are often accurate to the pony - but either Bluebelle is photo edited or there are dark symboled early Bluebelles from the UK in some way or other...

Or I'm completely mad.

Check those feet! They are pretty sneaky since they look so much like their HK counter parts, they can also sneak as Italian ponies too, due to their lack of a forelock AND there are the Macau like AB eye Italians too.

It wouldn't surprise me if you picked Jenny up at a car boot here :) people have found all sort of strange goodies which have been brought back from holidays.

Did you say Indian Peachy or did I misread that? :wow:

I know which Argos picture you mean and I always thought the symbols looked suspiciously dark, but I just figured it was the picture or my eyes :blink: you might be on to something though.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 04:09:27 PM »
I'm pretty hot on hooves, but the thing is all the Macau ponies we have we got way back in 98 or thereabouts. I think that all but one (Jenny is the one I don't remember for sure) came from the local collector here when she sold up, so where she got them I have no idea. She was a kid but her mother was really into MLP so got a lot of stuff from abroad too. She had a bunch of US ponies as well. I also picked up some random things here outside of her collection - Italian Surprise, Peachy, Heart Throb, Diamond Dreams, Baby Leaper, Mimic, Hippety Hop, lavender Woosie - so you're right, anything could happen.

At the time we knew they were Macau because of visiting her house and seeing them, so when she sold up we went after them on purpose. I'm fairly sure Elena had Lemon Drop because she didn't have a LD at the time, and Cotton Candy for her army. I'm actually going to go check her boxes tomorrow to make sure that's right. I don't know if she has any others. I seem to think that, aside from Jenny, Elena had them all...will find out!

Apparently I'm completely mad. Just found Macau LD in my cupboard, so not in Elena's at all. I am going to check her stuff tomorrow, while it's downstairs. I know she has Cotton Candy but I thought she had 2.

As for Indian, blame that on my muddled brain. Going through old Scrapbook files, found some stuff I did on the old site in 2003 that had Peru, Mexican, Indian ponies on and got them scrambled in my brain. I meant Brazilian xD.

Though now I am tempted to ask my friend in Delhi to start looking for them...>.> I wonder what she'd say if I did xD
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:52:48 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 05:04:19 AM »
I'm not sure about Macau LD being sold here, or Macau Peachy, though I have one of the latter from childhood (may have been a carboot, or might have been inherited from my cousin in NI). Could always have been one of those importing from other countries for cheap things though.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 09:40:48 AM »
I dug through Elena's boxes, and she has Bluebelle (Belly) and Cotton Candy (Candy). Cotton Candy definitely came from the other collector here. Not sure about Bluebelle because I didn't remember she had her xD.

The interesting thing about her is that she has "COTTON CANDY" written by someone on her hoof - but someone has scribbled through the COTTON, so she actually has her proper name on her hoof, "Candy". I also have a vague recollection of them showing her to us and saying she was Candy, not Cotton Candy. That implies someone knew something about her when they got her - but sadly I don't know the origin of a lot of the other collector's ponies, except that she had family in the US who sent her stuff.

Unfortunately her dad junked all the packaging that didn't contain ponies (sob) and (allegedly) *burned* Paradise Estate, so I never got to find out if they had them from new. I did ask about backcards and packaging at the time, but he was quite proud of the fact he junked them.

...He was not a nice person.

So between us, Naynie and I have Candy, Belly, Folly and Jenny. That sounds like a good lineup for a bad 1980s pop band xD.

Thanks for this discussion, guys. I've learned something :D

Edit - looking at the Wiki, I just learned something else: there are more than one version of Cotton Candy made in Macau. Elena has this one:

Is she still part of the same set?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:50:16 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 02:40:18 PM »
There are variants of variants with the Macau ponies. Particularly Cotton Candy and Peachy. Please take a look in the nirvana gallery as they are all shown their :bigups:

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=216553

I believe that the Macau variants are easier to find than their Italian counter parts (for example lilac blossom butterscotch hybrid)

Love pkw xxx

PS burned the Paradise Estate?  :shocked:
PPS I was wildly speculating on Macau LD being sold in the UK with the show stable, I just find it strange so many crop up, along with Peachy.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »
This is where I admit that unless someone has posted a link to the gallery somewhere in the thread, I can't always find it >.> I did look for it, but apparently my navigation fail spread to websites. Thanks for the link :) I have now located the proper link for it, which is in the place it really, common sense, ought to be, but that's another story (common sense and Taffeta are not always friends!)

Hrm, I dunno. We had China and HK Lemon Drop, and so I suppose there's room for something else to slip in there - but then ponies do travel, especially in Europe...so...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 03:47:59 PM »
That's ok ^.^ there are over 30 different forums and sub forums listed in the navigation panel :faint: I'm glad you've got it saved, i do my best to keep it up to date and I know it needs some more work after being offline for almost 2 years.

I do wonder if nirvana got sold off here at the end of the line along with the princess and flutter variants? I know a lady who had bluemoon (Italy Moonstone with blue hair) from childhood and she remembers buying her in a toy shop in Ireland.

So many questions are still unanswered.

Love pkw xxx

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 03:51:52 PM »
That's ok ^.^ there are over 30 different forums and sub forums listed in the navigation panel :faint: I'm glad you've got it saved, i do my best to keep it up to date and I know it needs some more work after being offline for almost 2 years.

I can't really judge it on that basis, since the Scrapbook rework was begun in 2005 and all the pages only just got completed this spring, so over the course of 10 years XD.

I do get lost in navigating stuff though. You have to be gentle sometimes, I'm quite stupid with things like that xD.

Do we know what ponies Ireland got, in relation to the UK and Europe?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal