collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Took the plunge and watched some G1 specials  (Read 8530 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Took the plunge and watched some G1 specials
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2015, 11:59:54 AM »
I have always hated Through the Door, its personally one of my least favorite episodes.
It's a bad car accident.  It's terrible.  It's horrific.  However, it's so terrible and horrific you can't help but watch this spectacle of awful writing.  You can't believe it's that bad.  You can't believe they really go there.  You have to see it for yourself.

:lol: I think that accurately describes Ice Cream Wars too.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2015, 12:13:43 PM »
Ironically both are written by David Wise, the man who brought us the Decepticons getting "over charged" among other things.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2015, 12:30:42 PM »
 :haha: But of course, Baby Ponies get sugar highs and Cybertronians get wasted. Oh Hasbro Land, what interesting Capers will you think of next?

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »
I have always hated Through the Door, its personally one of my least favorite episodes.
It's a bad car accident.  It's terrible.  It's horrific.  However, it's so terrible and horrific you can't help but watch this spectacle of awful writing.  You can't believe it's that bad.  You can't believe they really go there.  You have to see it for yourself.

LOL, I get the point that the writers tried to introduce classical book characters, but instead they show little girls how  centaurs could be made
:lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2015, 01:43:24 PM »

LOL, I get the point that the writers tried to introduce classical book characters, but instead they show little girls how  centaurs could be made

Lol! :haha:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2015, 03:52:29 PM »

Lol! :haha:

Maybe I'm the odd one out. I really like that one. I have a list of favorite episodes, and it is there, with a star, though I can't remember what the star meant at the time I made the list. :P I think it's a fun episode, despite its flaws. A lot of G1 episodes are like that. ;)

For anyone wondering... here's the list.

The Glass Princess*
Pony Puppy
Bright Lights*
The Return of Tambelon*
The Magic Coins*
Mish Mash Melee
Woe Is Me
The Fugitive Flowers*
Would Be Dragonslayer
Baby Its Cold Outside*
Through the Door*
Rescue from Midnight Castle*
Somnambula*
The Prince and the Ponies
Escape from Catrina*
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2015, 04:41:17 PM »
I absolutely love The Return of Tambelon, those episodes are some of my favorites from G1.  Nothing like learning how to wage guerilla warfare with colorful ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2015, 10:39:27 PM »

So, Heart Throb was an overused Lyra meme before that overused Lyra meme became so overused? Ironically, I also thought of Heartstrings as a hopeless romantic, without the human factor of course.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2015, 02:24:15 AM »
You also have Prince Omniphile Buttchin in that episode.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2015, 05:42:49 AM »
Glad I'm not the only one who realized that his chin looked like a butt.  :lol:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2015, 08:21:59 AM »
Ironically both are written by David Wise, the man who brought us the Decepticons getting "over charged" among other things.

Legitimately my favorite moment in G1 Transformers.  Laserbeak plowing into the ground gets me every time.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2015, 08:23:08 AM »

:rofl:
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2015, 08:49:58 AM »
I like Quest of the Princess Ponies. FiM Spike is treated like a personal slave, the original Spike can use his brain and take charge when the situation calls for it. It also showed character growth from spoiled brats to them starting to take their duties seriously. King Lavan is so freakin cool.

I never liked Escape From Catrina or Rescue at Midnight Castle that much. I think Catrina and Tirek are boring villains. I liked Rep though and Tammy Grimes as Catrina's voice actress is perfect. Also, Baby Moondancer is ten diferent kinds of cute. They both had some good songs.

Post Merge: December 03, 2015, 08:51:50 AM

Legitimately my favorite moment in G1 Transformers.  Laserbeak plowing into the ground gets me every time.

I haven't seen that episode. :haha:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:52:47 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2015, 09:42:40 AM »

I haven't seen that episode. :haha:

It's a lot like "Crunch the Rock Dog" except instead of Buttons making fun of Wind Whistler for not having feelings, Brawn makes fun of Perceptor for being a wimp (because Perceptor stays at the base and does science stuff while the other Autobots fight). 

Perceptor and Wind Whistler are pretty much the same character, "the smart one who uses big words".  Brawn is like . . . if Gusty had a gun.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2015, 09:46:56 AM »

And at that the moment Shock Wave is probably thinking, "You idiots.  We need that energon to rebuild our forces here on Cybertron, and you're using it to get high."

Perceptor and Wind Whistler are pretty much the same character, "the smart one who uses big words".  Brawn is like . . . if Gusty had a gun.
Gusty has wind magic if that counts for anything.

Now we need fanart of Wind Whistler using Perceptor to look at something and Gusty riding around in Brawn.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:50:44 AM by Al-1701 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal