collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony that turned out to be way better in person than you ever imagined?  (Read 2416 times)

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
I love stories like these! For me it was TAF Fifi. I was never interested in her until I found her in real life and I'm smitten. She's flawless. And she's a permanent resident of my desk!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Mine isn't exactly a pony! :P I bought a lot that had several ponies I wanted and a Cutesaurus, which I dismissed and figured I would sell on along with the Fairy Tail bird and a few other doubles in the lot. When they arrived, though, I just began to see how cute she is! Her mold is so unique (obviously), and she has a cute shy look on her face and stubby little feet. I remembered how I had always been fascinated by dinosaurs as a kid. In short order I was a goner, and Cutesaurus has lived with me ever since. :)

Offline Jordan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
g4 Holly Dash!
I thought she looked...decent but my my is she gorgeous in person, I do plan on maybe getting another one of her!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Windy from the magic message set! I never even wanted her, but got one and I love her!

The whole happy tails set was this was for me too!

Most recently is love in a mist! Darn I love her! So pretty!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook

Moonshimmer she shall be from now on! So much prettier!
I can try and find the ebay listing and see if it gives any clues to search with.  I'm curious too. I think my Baby Mischief has curls, and no coloured tinsel! Just gold. I'd swap her for a version with all the colours though, I'd rather have a 'nromal' one than a variant since I only have one in my collection.

Well, Twinkler is a pretty name too, but to me that's the Sparkle Pony's name, since she came out first. One thing that the UK release names generally do is give a new name to most of the ponies with repeated names in the US release (those that were sold here anyway). The one exception is the Candy Cane pony Gingerbread/Molasses who seems to have had both names in the UK ><.

Going back on topic, I am completely foxed as to what a normal Baby Mischief is now anyway, honestly. The ones I have found here in the UK (and I don't find many g1s in the wild now, but years back I did used to find this set from time to time) have all had rainbow tinsel. I've had one from Germany with rainbow tinsel as well, in a lot a long time ago - and then the other two from Germany that I have are one with the gold all through and one with gold in the mane and rainbow in the tail. It's totally haphazard. Gotta love Hasbro. Sigh.

The Glittering SHS are maybe my favourite SHS set. I also really like the Prom Queens but they're so hard to get in good condition, especially since they didn't sell them in the UK at all...

I love your Speedy! I only recently got introduced to this pale version, maybe by you! I used to love rollerskating when I was little, so I should add one version or the other to my collection one day  :)
Highly recommend the pale one. I actually like her better than the one I got here in the UK at a carboot sale years back (which is the same as the one the US had as well). The darker one is nice too, of course, but there's something perfect about the colour match on the European one that just makes me go "wow" every time I see her. (Mimic still wins for me, TE ponywise, in my affections, but Euro Speedy is way up there!)
I'm still hesitant on the Princess ponies but the dragons will no doubt swing it for me one day!
Obviously I'm biased because Taffeta is my much adored namesake pony, but Princess Ponies - in good condition - can be stunning. I didn't add this one before, because I didn't think of it, but I had a really ratty second hand Princess Aquamarine as a kid, with white hair and a missing symbol. So I never thought she was that pretty, although of course I loved that pony because she was mine xD. Then I got this pony from someone - I think here on the Arena, though it was a good few years back, and I changed my mind:

What a difference the pink hair makes O.O.

I am still looking for a really minty Princess Pearl, one day when I have the cash to spare on an upgrade. I've kinda just held out for a long time to hopefully one day find a UK one MIB, but that's probably a pipe dream.

Quote from: Mermaid
Windy from the magic message set! I never even wanted her, but got one and I love her!

The whole happy tails set was this was for me too!

Most recently is love in a mist! Darn I love her! So pretty!

I agree that some of the HT ponies are amazing in real life. They are far from my favourite set, but I admit that since I dug out their hair attachments from my bag, Romper and Tall Tales now look a lot more dazzling than they did just sitting on the shelf without them. Also, Lavender Woosie is...well, she's interesting, although it still looks like a weird mismatch to me xD.

And it's nice to know someone loves Love in a Mist! She was promoted when she first came out as being in a different pose (up up & away's) and the pictures showed her hair as pinkish and curly, so when she came out in the other pose with straight, purple hair it was kinda...disappointing I think. Certainly my sister and I thought so at the time. It's really nice to know there are people out there who love her for who Hasbro made her!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
Tootsie~!!
I think she's not exactly a favorite due to coloring, but I adore her!
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I have a Sundance that came in a lot of grubby ponies, I REALLY fell in love with her once I got her clean. I just love her delicate pink hair and white body, she's so pretty!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Ah it's great hearing all the stories and thinking about those ponies who kinda hide their light under a bushel!

Thanks for the pictures as well!

Totally agree on Tootsie. Something about her colours does not look nice on camera, but in person she's adorable especially if her lollipops are still nice and pink. I'm a big fan of her!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Another vote for Tootsie!  She's such a cutie <3

Another major surprise for me was Twilight Sparkle.  I thought she looked kind of boring in photos, but I eventually got the version that came with a little book and a pair of glasses, and she is absolutely adorable! :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Skyflier is another of my girls that looked cute but not must have in picture and WOWed me in person. She's a gorgeous pony
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I totally know what you mean taffeta! In my early years of online collecting I bought a love letter from a member over seas and while I still lived her, I was deeply saddened by the fact she didn't have the light pink hair that the picture dreamvalley showed!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
For me it was Magic Star and Daddy Sweet Celebrations. I found him at a fleemarket and took him home, cleaned him up and intended to resell. Instead he got a placement on the shelf.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
NSS Shady and BnG Ringlets :heart: I HATED their pose so much literally I avoided getting any ponies in that shape. However once i got them I really loved them. I ended up getting a whole army of Shady/Ringlets pose ponies  :biggrin:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
I completely fell in love with the Cabbage Patch Magic Meadow ponies when I got my first ones. I thought they were cute before, but the amazing quality, their softly painted eyes and their lovely expressions really won me over and now I want them all.  ^.^

Hasbro-wise I'll have to agree with others mentioning Tootsie and Ringlets. But also Cotton Candy is so much prettier in nature than she shows in photos!

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
As of the past few days Baby Sleepy Pie has started to grow on me. Usually I don't go for beddy-bye eye ponies (with the exception of Baby Frosting), but this one is in really nice condition and I love white and blue. I'm finding myself carrying her around the house . . . the attachment process is beginning . . .

I love stories like these! For me it was TAF Fifi. I was never interested in her until I found her in real life and I'm smitten. She's flawless. And she's a permanent resident of my desk!

Definitely a beautiful pony! (and as I stated, I love white and blue)

I have a Sundance that came in a lot of grubby ponies, I REALLY fell in love with her once I got her clean. I just love her delicate pink hair and white body, she's so pretty!

I love Sundance, too. Her color scheme is so simple and she's common and therefore often overlooked, but she's extremely pretty.

Hasbro-wise I'll have to agree with others mentioning Tootsie and Ringlets. But also Cotton Candy is so much prettier in nature than she shows in photos!

Yes! If you get a nice one, Cotton Candy is so cute. I grew up with a bubble-gum pink mail-order one; I later got a pale pink store release, and I think she is exceptionally pretty. Plus she actually looks like the Cotton Candy in my beloved Rescue from Midnight Castle movie.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal