collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony that turned out to be way better in person than you ever imagined?  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Do you have a pony that turned out to be way better in person than you ever imagined?

My SHS Twinkler turned out to be stunning - I always seem to really fall for yellow ponies in person  :)

Here she is, but this pic doesn't do her justice either!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 01:48:02 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
She's such a pretty pony :heart: I love her. I know how you feel. I'm a total sucker for ponies with yellow bodies but turquoise hair, like Good Weather and Sand Digger. She reminds me of that a bit with the blue eyes and eyeshadow.

Super cute pony you have there, like her hairdo too.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
She's such a pretty pony :heart: I love her. I know how you feel. I'm a total sucker for ponies with yellow bodies but turquoise hair, like Good Weather and Sand Digger. She reminds me of that a bit with the blue eyes and eyeshadow.

Super cute pony you have there, like her hairdo too.

Cheers! It's factory, I got her from a German seller and I was very surprised and pleased :) I've never owned Good Weather but I have a feeling that I will one day...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Congrats on your SHS
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
So, so many, but especially the first few G4s.

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Seascape was like that for me! I had seen her in pictures and thought "Orange with red hair? Whose idea was that? It's so eye-burning!" Of course, I'm already not a fan of orange, and I don't like 3D symbols, either.
Then I saw her in person (got her in a bag of thrift store ponies), and oh my~ She's beautiful! The red and orange didn't clash at all,  was so surprised! Plus, her symbol has this tiny perfect splash of blue that feels refreshing to look at because of her warm colors. I ended up keeping her, of course (although she's a boy in my herd).

I agree about Twinkler, too - she seems like she could be too gaudy, but she's another pony that once I had her, I couldn't stop looking at her! She even enticed me to play with her hair, which I really don't do much.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Mine was Beach Ball. I bought her as a gift for someone and in the pictures I saw I didn't think she was pretty. When Beach Ball arrived I was surprised at how pretty she was in person.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Truly

• Trade Count: (0)
Big congratulations for your gorgeous golden sweetheart sister! :heart:
Today a secret surprise Stardazzle did that for me :) the picture in the listing gave her no justice, she really is beautiful with her unfazed pink hair! And I never knew she was bigger than other g1 ponies! I adore her size! Honestly, I thought after I win her that I'd sell her on because I didn't think much of her, but now I can't stop looking at her! She looks like she was opened out of the box only yesterday :) and I do adore her super cute necklace and her key!
There has been many other ponies I've fallen in love with too :) I feel if I ever see a rapunzel that it will apply to her too, I don't like her much now but I bet if I saw her with my own eyes I would fall in love XD

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Hula Hula-I looked at the gaudy eye shadow and that particular shade of fuchsia and wrote her off but then I bought her and wow she became an instant fave as soon as she got into my hands. Her colors are so fabulously 80s and mesh perfectly and I'm even in love with her eye shadow.  I am now thinking of adding another TP to my want list.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Do you have a pony that turned out to be way better in person than you ever imagined?

My SHS Twinkler turned out to be stunning - I always seem to really fall for yellow ponies in person  :)

Here she is, but this pic doesn't do her justice either!

I agree that Moonshimmer (that's her UK name ;)) is absolutely gorgeous. As a kid she was my favourite but I could never find her in the stores :( The whole set, actually, are done greater justice when you see them in person than in pictures in my opinion, since I must add a word for Sunblossom:

I never knew how pretty Sunblossom really was till I got this one O.O.

Incidentally, never saw a Moonshimmer with curly hair from new before. I'm just wondering how they were sold in Germany package wise, because the UK/Euro release package I am familiar with pulls the hair down against the body in the box and it's normally straight. I haven't actually seen one from Germany mint in package so I don't know if it is different...(the geek in me is interested in such things, because my UK sold Baby Mischief also has very straight lazy hair whilst the two different German release ones I have have mad curls...)

Also, I recently fell in love with the pale version of Speedy (thanks to KPF for selling her to me):

If I had known she was so stunning in real life I wouldve bought her years ago!

And finally, Goldilocks. I had seen one in real life before, because my sister had one from a trade we did, but I had absolutely no idea what difference minty hair made:

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Main Sail...I dont know why or what it is about her. She was one I added to my collection because well I needed her to complete the set. Did not expect to like her but I absolutely adore her - she is just so pretty!

I also felt a little this way with the Princess ponies and all the SHS until I first owned some :) Now I adore!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
I agree that Moonshimmer (that's her UK name ;)) is absolutely gorgeous. As a kid she was my favourite but I could never find her in the stores :( The whole set, actually, are done greater justice when you see them in person than in pictures in my opinion, since I must add a word for Sunblossom:

I never knew how pretty Sunblossom really was till I got this one O.O.

Incidentally, never saw a Moonshimmer with curly hair from new before. I'm just wondering how they were sold in Germany package wise, because the UK/Euro release package I am familiar with pulls the hair down against the body in the box and it's normally straight. I haven't actually seen one from Germany mint in package so I don't know if it is different...(the geek in me is interested in such things, because my UK sold Baby Mischief also has very straight lazy hair whilst the two different German release ones I have have mad curls...)

Also, I recently fell in love with the pale version of Speedy (thanks to KPF for selling her to me):

If I had known she was so stunning in real life I wouldve bought her years ago!

And finally, Goldilocks. I had seen one in real life before, because my sister had one from a trade we did, but I had absolutely no idea what difference minty hair made:

Moonshimmer she shall be from now on! So much prettier! I can try and find the ebay listing and see if it gives any clues to search with.  I'm curious too. I think my Baby Mischief has curls, and no coloured tinsel! Just gold. I'd swap her for a version with all the colours though, I'd rather have a 'nromal' one than a variant since I only have one in my collection.

I agree Sunblossom is amazing.  I bought her from a collector on here a while back and she did wow me as well, especially with her comb.  I love your Speedy! I only recently got introduced to this pale version, maybe by you! I used to love rollerskating when I was little, so I should add one version or the other to my collection one day  :)

Post Merge: June 09, 2015, 03:49:57 PM

Main Sail...I dont know why or what it is about her. She was one I added to my collection because well I needed her to complete the set. Did not expect to like her but I absolutely adore her - she is just so pretty!

I also felt a little this way with the Princess ponies and all the SHS until I first owned some :) Now I adore!

I'm still hesitant on the Princess ponies but the dragons will no doubt swing it for me one day!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:49:58 PM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Tootsie. She always looked so ugly in pictures but I really like the shade of blue her hair has.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Lavender Lace for me. I was meh on the Perfume Puff hair and I thought their perfume-bottle symbols were boring (and Lavender Lace's colors of light purple and green? What?) But then I found one at a thrift store WOW! She's one of my favorites! Her pale colors really do look nice and delicate together and I actually really like the hair! Even her symbol somehow just works; it's certainly unique. I think she's so pretty and photos don't do her justice at all.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
I have to say Punzie. I wanted her anyways, and thought she was cute enough. But actually having her here, she has a really sweet and friendly face. I enjoy looking at her, and I love the one pic I have of her in the Paradise Estate:

Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal