collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls 3..  (Read 8144 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: My biggest fears about EQG is coming true..
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 07:17:56 AM »
But Dolls sell always :). ponies do too :) Hasbro needs to take advantage of the MLP line is just understandable ;)  But I know where you are coming from :)! And well hope they still make more ponies on top of all the dolls :) but a doll sells for 12 and up and a pony from 4 -5 and up so it is what it is .
I will continue buying the ponies and selling the dolls :) if that is the only way to get a new pony :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Emerald Treasure

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 08:16:37 AM »
Three words:

Equestria

Girls

Three

No joke, it's on amazon.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »
And that is their opinion - that other people should stop complaining. Now...I don't agree with that opinion. I am all for complaining about the human alien take over of ponies but unfortunately not everyone is going to agree.

I, for one, welcome our new human-alien-pony overlords  :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 08:40:11 AM »
I don't even get why people are convinced that EQG is ruining the MLP line.
The MLP line has been ruining itself long before any EQG dolls showed up. I'm pretty sure the "mane 6" thing has been planned long before EQG. (Even the whole new Pop line is just the same bunch of characters. Heck, the "fan favourites" pack is more mane 6.)
I really don't believe that without EQG we would have been getting more pony characters. Not sure why people jump to that conclusion.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 08:40:42 AM »
I kinda fell in love with equestria girls. It felt like a a combo of my favorite things. Magical girl anime, mlp, and monster high. I've gotten one of each dolls character and still collect ponies.

I think its interesting. Because if I hated EG, I would be saving a lot of money. The funko items are hard to resist but I've been succeeding so I can focus on the pieces I really want.

I can see it being frustrating though for other who are not fans, because there is an influx of dolls, but I don't think they're to blame for the lack of brushables. I also don't think it's encroaching on the FIM series either. Both exist and are doing well.

I dunno, I'm one of those people who want to embrace what we have in common as pony lovers, not focus on differences. for a long time, they were not even making mlp in the usa. I'm happy just to have them back <3

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »
The MLP line has been ruining itself long before any EQG dolls showed up. I'm pretty sure the "mane 6" thing has been planned long before EQG. (Even the whole new Pop line is just the same bunch of characters. Heck, the "fan favourites" pack is more mane 6.)
I really don't believe that without EQG we would have been getting more pony characters. Not sure why people jump to that conclusion.

That's what I was thinking. We weren't really getting any new ponies before EQG came out and at least we're getting new brushables with the dolls ;)
My Wish List

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 08:45:22 AM »

That's what I was thinking. We weren't really getting any new ponies before EQG came out and at least we're getting new brushables with the dolls ;)

I agree hun, That rainbow rocks Rarity brushable may be another mane six but she is really gorgeous! I also loved the figures that came with Celestia and Twilight, they're pretty gorgeous

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
I adore EG, and can't wait for Rainbow Rocks.  That being said, yeah...I'd REALLY like a pony movie, too.  But, logically, I know they probably won't ever do that.  The best they will probably be able to do is have opening/closing scenes where the ponies are...ponies.  But, hey, we have the show that doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.  And some of those episodes are epic enough to kinda be a 30-minute-long movie haha.

Toy-wise, though?  Dude...where the heck be the ponies anymore?!  Every time I go to a store, there's like, a couple of hangers for the pony toys, and a few other pony sets and stuff...surrounded by EG dolls that seem to overtake more and more of the pony aisle as time passes, lol.  I miss me some good, old-fashioned BRUSHABLE pony toys!
To be fair, they weren't doing anything but mane six with some minor cosmetic changes even before EQG. If anything, this is a chance to get more new characters, which means the potential for new ponies!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 09:56:29 AM »

I agree hun, That rainbow rocks Rarity brushable may be another mane six but she is really gorgeous! I also loved the figures that came with Celestia and Twilight, they're pretty gorgeous
totally agree
Spoiler
i only have a few of the dolls, but i own less of the brushables. black tie pinkie pie, and well i'm buying the rainbow rocks rarity when i can find her. otherwise every brushable i own is a custom.
its not that i don't like g4, being a vet pony lover, i can say it's probably my favorite (except for babies. babies of any gen are awesome). but i haven't found any of the ponies figures i'm just dying to own. i have a lot of blind bags and smaller figures, but the other figures especially the larger funko, just take up too much room. that's why i'd gladly get the new dolls, steal their clothes and shoes. keep them if i can customize them or really like them, and sell the ponies off. all the side characters everyone is excited about? they don't do anything for me. i like hooves, just because he's a great boy base for customs. sure the background characters are fun colors, but we don't really know what their personalities are likes, so i don't understand why everyone like them so well.... that's one reason i liked the eqg movie so well, cuz it added more depth to characters who didn't really have much (except for the depth fans have given them and more recently the comics) but i think the movie will only increase chance of more characters since that's what everyone wants. and all the variation on the mane six that are coming out? I'm curious what they have to do with the show, and hope they don't scare my niece, like i know the ponies will. ok i'll stop before i end up upsetting anyone.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 10:05:10 AM »
FYI, I did find Rarity rocks at my walmart, they only had two.

You know, I just agree with the past few posts <3 I am happy the new movie will have DJ in it because it means we may get to see what she's like according to hasbro, that's exciting to me :) But yeah, the back ground ponies have great designs, but we know nothing about them :(

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »
What bothers me most about this is when we're forced to buy the dolls because it'll be the only way we can get hold of new ponies, the guys at Hasbro will wave around our receipts shouting "Look! They're buying more Equestria Girls! They must love them, let's make more!"

Hah, that is a scary thought.

At this point in time I probably will not be buying dolls just to get ponies, unless I can get them on clearance (slim chance - by the time they're marked down enough to be a reasonable price they will probably be all snatched up!) Which stinks because I would really like to have an Octavia pony. Otherwise I will patiently wait until I find them secondhand.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »
Between MLP and LPS, Hasbro is kind of king when it comes to animal-based toy lines in that price range (though Palace Pets may give them a run for their money), but not when it comes to fashion dolls. That could account for why they are focusing so much on EQG, between the new characters, merch, and films. Also, I'd like to see some statistics on how Equestria Girls are selling compared to main line ponies.

My biggest issue with the dolls is not the dolls themselves but the poor quality of them and the fact that Hasbro is selling them for as much as Monster High and other better quality dolls on the market. And they're selling, which means they will keep making low quality dolls with bald spots and no articulation (unless you want to shell out an extra seven bucks or so) with that same price tag.

But I guess the same can be said for G4 as a whole, especially lately.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Feathermay

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2014, 12:45:13 PM »
Quote from: PinkRosedust

At this point in time I probably will not be buying dolls just to get ponies, unless I can get them on clearance (slim chance - by the time they're marked down enough to be a reasonable price they will probably be all snatched up!) Which stinks because I would really like to have an Octavia pony. Otherwise I will patiently wait until I find them secondhand.
I agree about their pricing.
I've seen plenty of SLH Rainbow dashes marked down to $13 lately. I think we may see a drop in the other dolls prices as they roll out more rainbow rocks dolls. I've also noticed the doll/pony combos sitting on shelves longer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 01:56:06 PM »
Quote from: PinkRosedust

I agree about their pricing.
I've seen plenty of SLH Rainbow dashes marked down to $13 lately. I think we may see a drop in the other dolls prices as they roll out more rainbow rocks dolls. I've also noticed the doll/pony combos sitting on shelves longer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm waiting for it to happen but, oddly, some places are increasing their prices. Because if it didn't sell before, upping the price by 10% will totally shift the stock...? I'm hoping they'll be half price or something eventually, because £20 is just too much for Celestia, no matter how pretty she is.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »

I'm waiting for it to happen but, oddly, some places are increasing their prices. Because if it didn't sell before, upping the price by 10% will totally shift the stock...? I'm hoping they'll be half price or something eventually, because £20 is just too much for Celestia, no matter how pretty she is.

Agree, outside the us they have high prices

The rainbow rocks Trixie is priced $60 here in central america, she's more expensive that some deluxe MH dolls
  :blink:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal