collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Curse you eBay snipers!!!  (Read 2198 times)

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
Curse you eBay snipers!!!
« on: November 01, 2012, 07:47:22 PM »
Oh poops!  I just got sniped in the last few seconds on a pony I wanted on eBay. 

Oh well, I guess I didn't really need that pony anyway:(.  But I do really hate to lose!! 

Anyone else get sniped lately?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Curse you eBay snipers!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »
Fairly often, being in Australia most the auctions I bid on are overseas and end at ridiculous hours, but if they end when im awake, I often get sniped.
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 08:13:52 PM »
Yes, happens to me quite frequently actually including tonight! You win some, you lose some, I guess...  :(
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline karrie91

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Proud Gryffindor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »
Oh poops!  I just got sniped in the last few seconds on a pony I wanted on eBay. 

Oh well, I guess I didn't really need that pony anyway:(.  But I do really hate to lose!! 

Anyone else get sniped lately?

This seems to be my luck on ebay as of lately. There was a lot of ten ponies I had just enough money for on ebay the other night. Got sniped at the last minute. They were some pretty G3's I wanted to add to my collection. None in particular that I wanted especially.. I just really wanted some new G3's for a good price since I love all from that gen.

Had that happen on a Moonstone G1 a few weeks ago too. That one really upset me. I wanted her so badly!

Also had it happen on Cha Cha and Tex. Tex was another I really wanted.

I get nervous on ebay anymore lol

Actively buying Buddy L Ponies

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 08:26:14 PM »
do no get sniped :(  be the sniper !!!! no other way :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Honey Bunches

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »
Ugh! Yes!!!

There's the whole Max Bid thing that can totally get you. These days it's less about playing the game and more about what your what you're ultimately willing to spend.

Fooey.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »
I'm still sort of confused about how I won all four of the auctions I bid on the other day. I either really overpaid or god just hates my wallet. I'm just so used to pony snipers.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 10:03:11 PM »
i never win lots.. or  almost anyhting on ebay.. lol i've only won 1 auction.  amaizngly

Offline Nienna

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »
Ugh! Yes!!!

There's the whole Max Bid thing that can totally get you. These days it's less about playing the game and more about what your what you're ultimately willing to spend.

Fooey.

Uhm... it's always been about how much you're willing to spend ;) That's the point...

My top tip: always enter your absolute MAX BID you're willing to pay. Ebay will bid up for you in increments anyway, so that way you'll never feel bad if someone puts in a late bid- they'll only win if they're willing to pay more than you. This personally really helps me to feel better if I lose an auction.

And I'll admit it, I snipe everything. No point in driving up the price! I do it manually when I can be at the computer, otherwise I use a programme, which is available to everybody so that's fair.

Just remember: you don't lose because they put in their bid later. They win because they want to spend more than you.
She is
Cinderella in disguise, or the mermaid in despite
Of her very human feet, dancing in her ballroom suite

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 12:38:37 AM »
I snipe if it's ending when I'm not around to see it, or if I can't decide which lot I want more... my program has 'groups' so if you win the first auction, it can cancel all other snipes in that group... or if you lose, it goes onto the next one, etc, etc, so you don't overspend, as you do with lots sometimes!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline MnDancer

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 12:45:58 AM »
I hate snipers and I really don't think it's fair to use a program to do it for you, regardless of whether it's available to everyone or not. Do I bid the most I'm willing to pay? Of course! But being outbid by 50 cents is ridiculous, I can almost always come up with 50 cents more! I actually outbid a sniper once because I just happened to be online watching it at the last minute, it outbid me in the last 60 seconds, I bid again at the last 10 seconds and won it! Woohoo! Man is better than machine!
:art:Pony lover since 1983 :rainbow:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 01:15:37 AM »
I hate snipers and I really don't think it's fair to use a program to do it for you, regardless of whether it's available to everyone or not. Do I bid the most I'm willing to pay? Of course! But being outbid by 50 cents is ridiculous, I can almost always come up with 50 cents more! I actually outbid a sniper once because I just happened to be online watching it at the last minute, it outbid me in the last 60 seconds, I bid again at the last 10 seconds and won it! Woohoo! Man is better than machine!
I'm unsure why everyone is confused by this in an auction it goes up by partake. If you bid 20 and I bid 40 it will only go up to the next bit. It might say I bid 20.25 or something. In reality I bid a great deal more than you, but EBay is just going push it to the next highest number.

I always put my max and sometimes end up outbidding someone by "a few cents" and I have actually put in a bid for fifty more than their max.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 02:06:59 AM »
I wish if somebody bid with less than 5 minutes left, it would reset to "5 minutes remaining", real auctions aren't ruled by a deadline necessarily. Ebay could make a lot more money that way but what do I know...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:10:07 AM by popyduggan »

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 02:16:46 AM »
I'm unsure why everyone is confused by this in an auction it goes up by partake. If you bid 20 and I bid 40 it will only go up to the next bit. It might say I bid 20.25 or something. In reality I bid a great deal more than you, but EBay is just going push it to the next highest number.

I always put my max and sometimes end up outbidding someone by "a few cents" and I have actually put in a bid for fifty more than their max.

true! nobody says that you are outbid by 50 cts - maybe the highest bidder put in 200$ and you bid just 50 - then you would have been outbid even if you bid 50,50 or 51 :)

but i know what you all mean, i hate it too! i often have been outbid that way  -_-
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 02:33:01 AM »
Well... I am a sniper and I won tons of stuff that way, although I also lost to snipers.

To me, the point of Ebay is to spend the least money as possible from the base price, so why start bidding on stuff when the auction has still a week to finish? It will only increase the price for nothing. But that's my view, really.

I usually bid on the very last seconds when people can't do nothing to top me up. You might hate it, but that's my way of doing things ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal