collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Question- difference between Celestia and other ponies...  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Oak23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://kd-230692.deviantart.com/
Re: G4 Question- difference between Celestia and other ponies...
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 04:51:24 AM »
Eh to be fair Cadence sucked at using magic/flying/having Earth pony strength (ya know instead of singing how much you love the groom, you could levitate rocks outta the way or flown to that ledge rather than have Twilight teleport you or instead of rolling in a cart hurtling to DEAD END then sorta gliding; if you were a powerful-ish magic user/flyer you could have found your way out of the caves easily without a musical number and Twilight doing most of the grunt work, just saying), I just look at her having a rare demigod sort of deal where the essence of love reincarnates into a 'normal' pony to help guide the ponies around them, much like the Avatar in The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra.

So basically my theory is Cadence can ooze love and such but she ages naturally and has a limited power range, so when she dies she reincarnates again into another alicorn and so forth, especially considering how important the ideals of love and friendship are essential to the survival to the pony race. Plus she babysat for the leader of the Elements of Harmony and married one of the greatest defense-magic users around (Celestia wouldn't have put him in charge of the shield if she felt otherwise).

Luna and Celestia are still god tier powerful, immortal, strong, etc etc in my books. Caence is just a very different sort of deal to them.

Offline Mapago

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 05:32:53 AM »
The only information the cartoon gives us is that princesses are pegacorns (the book shown in hearts and hooves day has a pegacorn princess drawing in it too) and just says that Celestia is over a thousand years old (probably Luna too), so I guess the other royal ponies are their relatives, including Cadence, who is a "lower tier" princess that has a natural lifespan

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 07:07:06 AM »
It's because HER WINGS ARE SO PRETTY!

Also, she's a immortal goddess so she's super duper old. When Granny Smith was a filly, she didn't look any different so you can bet she'll still be in charge of Equestria long after the mane 6 meet the pony boneyard.

ScarletSeraph

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 07:36:54 AM »
so I guess the other royal ponies are their relatives, including Cadence, who is a "lower tier" princess that has a natural lifespan

I keep thinking of the Baby Cakes, where non-Earth-pony ancestry from way back pops up randomly. That's my version of Cadence's excuse and I'm sticking to it! ^.^

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 08:13:07 AM »
Why are Celestia, Cadance, and Luna tall and sleek in form, yet the rest are shorter and chunkier?
Because Celestia, Luna and Cadance are Princesses! I think it's just the show's way of denoting them as being special.

... so you can bet she'll still be in charge of Equestria long after the mane 6 meet the pony boneyard.

I have a different theory on that.
Spoiler
Suffice to say I think Princess Celestia has taken such an interest in Twilight Sparkle because she is training her to take her place.  :nerdy:

Offline StrawberryReef

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberryreef.com
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »
That is a very good question and one I've wondered especially because they did release Luna in the regular pony style too... For sorting purposes, i just refer to the sleek size/design as "royal" size... but I'm still really confused about why they released them this way.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 09:28:54 AM »
That is a very good question and one I've wondered especially because they did release Luna in the regular pony style too... For sorting purposes, i just refer to the sleek size/design as "royal" size... but I'm still really confused about why they released them this way.

Well, the 'Cadence mold' didn't exist at that time, and she was a cheap exclusive packaged with a rerelease of the molded hair Celestia (cause a brushable of her didn't exist yet) and S1 Luna is smaller than S2 Luna (Who was, at the time of release, the only Luna) yet they continue to use only S1 Luna on packaging....

That's my theory?
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 12:14:38 PM »
It's like in Invader Zim, only the tallest are fit to rule  :P 

Joking aside, Twilight and her friends have the average pony body type in the show. Celestia is the tallest, then there are the other princesses and just random ponies now and then with that body type. I think ponies with  the tall, slender body type was referred to as beautiful in the show, too, so I guess they are like supermodels, as someone already mentioned.

I think the tall/slender look is meant to be from genetics (there are others that are not princesses and not particularly special in the background sometimes), and that the royal family just has some good genes. If someone was growing long legs from being magical/god-like, that would be a pretty weird side effect, but I guess we don't know why they are tall for sure.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
Maybe the three winged pegasus are like Gandalf. Not gods, but powerful angel-type beings.

I like that theory :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Dyzarktarzk

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 03:18:54 PM »
But if Cadance is immortal...

What about Shining Armor??

Exactly!

I'm voting for a story like Stardust (the book or the movie. ). :)

I vote for the movie ending =)  (The book is more... bittersweet and cute and sad and amazing and I need to read it again...)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »

I think of them as "royal" too! :) since I believe every pony I've seen in this form are royals of relatives of royals (In my opinion.)
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 09:49:19 AM »
Cadence, Luna, and Celestia are built like horses because they're powerful.

I really don't like Cadence being an alicorn instead of a unicorn, as she was originally conceived.  I liked Luna and Celestia being unique in that regard, to go along with their celestial duties.  I like dualities, and Luna and Celestia represent that so well . . . dark and light, day and night, Celestia's more measured attitude compared to the intensity of THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!   It just doesn't work as well with three of the same kind of pony. 
*cough*Love goddess*cough*Her being an alicorn means we get a decent Luna*cough*
Also: Celestia takes care of day, Luna takes care of night, and Cadence takes care of Twilight :3
should be perma-moderated

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
Cadence, Luna, and Celestia are built like horses because they're powerful.

I really don't like Cadence being an alicorn instead of a unicorn, as she was originally conceived.  I liked Luna and Celestia being unique in that regard, to go along with their celestial duties.  I like dualities, and Luna and Celestia represent that so well . . . dark and light, day and night, Celestia's more measured attitude compared to the intensity of THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!   It just doesn't work as well with three of the same kind of pony. 
*cough*Love goddess*cough*Her being an alicorn means we get a decent Luna*cough*
Also: Celestia takes care of day, Luna takes care of night, and Cadence takes care of Twilight :3

That last bit just made me smile.  Makes sense.   :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal