collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: **Update**6th Annual Ohio Pony Meet : Roll Call Time  (Read 7692 times)

Offline sheena

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
**Update**6th Annual Ohio Pony Meet : Roll Call Time
« on: May 01, 2012, 08:07:45 AM »
It's Roll Call Time.  Everyone attending our meet please jump over to our message board and in the Everything Else section you will find our Roll Call Post.  Please fill that out to be on our official Attendee List!

Thanks

It is that time again!  Time to announce the 6th Annual Ohio Pony Meet. 

Our 2012 Meet will be held on Saturday, July 28th. 

Once again we have our Message Board set up with all the details about the meet.

Our location is SW Ohio ( near Cincinnati) so very close to Kentucky and Indiana. Of course everyone farther alway is welcome to travel also :) We will not be posting the exact address on here but will pm that to our attendees closer to meet time.  The zip code of the venue we will be using is 45056, for calculating driving times. 

We use a public venue for our meet, not a private residence.  And this year we have our biggest room yet! 

Games and Contests
Ohio Pony Meet 2012

Lemondrop Wishes' Frolicking Fakies Contest

Fakies got you down?  Give our Frolicking Fakies a piece of your mind... WITH A BASEBALL BAT!   See how far you can launch two of our Fakies, best hit out of two swings will be your one score.
- This game may be modified due to unfavorable weather.  This is an outdoor game.
- Furthest three scores will be awarded first through third-place ribbons, and a pick off the prize table.
- Who can play: Collectors, Non-Collectors, Carefully-Monitored Children Accompanied by Adult, and all Hostesses.

WHEN: 2:15pm - 3:15pm.  Winners announced and prizes chosen at 4:30pm.

Pony Pursuit

Ever played the game trivial pursuit?  Test your pony knowledge in our version of this game.  Questions from many different categories will be used.  We will be broken down in groups and work our way around the game board!
- Ribbons for the winning group with a pick off the prize table or a special prize for the winners.  To be determined soon.  May be based off of the numbers of people who play.
Who can play: Everyone but hostesses, since we are making the questions. 

WHEN: 12:45pm – 1:30pm

Craft Corner

Design, style, and paint a McDonalds pony of your choice during the meet.  Everyone is allowed to create, submitting your creation for the Craft Corner Pony Contest is up to you.  Compete, or just have fun.  The choice is up to you!
- Popular blind vote will determine the top three winners.  Winners will be awarded first through third place ribbons, as well as a pick off the prize table.
- Who can play: Collectors, Non-Collectors, Children, and All Hostesses

WHEN: Open all day.  All entries to be voted on must be in by 1:45pm.
Voting begins at 1:45pm and closes at 4:00pm.

Bingo

Ever play Bingo? You’re in for a treat with our pony version. All you have to do is make a horseshoe on your bingo card to win.
-The first three to make horseshoe will be awarded a first through third-place ribbon as well as a pick off the prize table.

-Who can play: Collectors, Non-Collectors, Children, and all hostesses EXCEPT Angela & Tammy

- WHEN 3:30pm – 4:00pm. Winners announced and prizes chosen at 4:30pm.

Custom Pony Contest

We have two categories this year:
      1) Original Custom
      2) Hasbro Inspired Custom     
- You may enter up to three customs in the contest.  However, we ask that you divide those up into both categories.  All three entries may not be in the same category.
- You MUST have done the Custom YOURSELF.
- Your custom does NOT have to be new... anything you have ever done can be entered!   
- Each Category will be awarded first through third-place ribbons, as well as a pick off the prize table.
- Popular blind vote will determine the top three winners of each Category.  Participants ARE allowed to vote.
- Who can play: Collectors, Non-Collectors, Children, and All Hostesses.

WHEN: Get your Custom registered into the Contest any time after OPENING and before registration closes at 1:45pm.  Voting begins at 1:45pm and closes at 4:00pm.  Winners announced and prizes chosen at 4:30pm.

Art Drawing Contest

Are you artistic?  Show us what you can do!
-One entry per participant, drawn by participant
-Size limit, no larger than 16x20
-Mediums allowed; pen, pencil, ink, marker, charcoal, oil, pastel, watercolor and acrylic on any flat surface (no 3-dimensional surface like a box)
-No computer-generated artwork
-Ponies must feature in the drawing in some fashion (at least one)
-Family friendly
- Popular vote for favorite three awarding first through third ribbons and a pick off the prize table.
-Text allowed.
-Who can play: Collectors, Non-Collectors, Children, and All Hostesses.

WHEN: Get your art registered into the Contest any time after OPENING and before registration closes at 1:45pm.  Voting begins at 1:45pm and closes at 4:00pm.  Winners announced and prizes chosen at 4:30pm.

Photography Contest

Like photographing your ponies?  Try our new photography contest.
- One single photo entry per participant, taken by participant.
- Popular vote for favorite three awarding first through third ribbons and a pick off the prize table.
- Size limit, no bigger than 16x20
- Ponies must feature in the photo in some fashion (at least one)
- Captioning and photo-editing allowed
- Family friendly

WHEN: Get your photograph registered into the Contest any time after OPENING and before registration closes at 1:45pm.  Voting begins at 1:45pm and closes at 4:00pm.  Winners announced and prizes chosen at 4:30pm.

Charm Game

Try our version of the game that was made popular at the pony fair!  Everyone who chooses to play will be given a pony charm to wear.  If anyone hears you say the word “pony” they can then take your charm from you.  The goal is to collect as many charms as possible.  So listen for the word “pony” to collect more charms.
- If you are playing the game your charm must be visible.  If you have multiple charms that you have collected at least one must be showing.  You only loose one charm each time you say pony even if you have multiple charms you have collected.  All charms will be returned at the end of the game and the person with the most will win a prize. 

-Who can play: Collectors, Non-Collectors, Children, and All Hostesses.
 WHEN: The Game will go on all day.  Winner announced and prize awarded at 4:30pm.

Pony Scenes

- Who doesn't like to set up a pony scene?  Anyone with an idea is welcome to enter this contest.  We will have a table with marked-off spaces.  Sign up for the game, get assigned a space, and then decorate your space with your own materials.   

- Please keep your scene family-friendly... there will be children present!  Be as creative as you want... just feature ponies in there somehow.  Other toys/items are fine to use.
- A popular blind vote by all people present will determine the winners. 
- The three scenes with the most votes will be awarded a first through third-place ribbon, as well as get a pick off the prize table.

- WHEN: Make your scene ANYTIME after OPENING until 1:45pm.  Scenes cannot be modified further after 1:45pm, when voting begins.  Voting for this contest opens at 1:45pm, and closes at 4:00pm.  Winners announced and prizes chosen at 4:30pm.

Schedule

9:00am - 12:00pm : OPENING... table setup, free time, buy/sell/trade, Craft Corner, Contest Registrations.

12:00pm - 12:45pm : LUNCH... grab a bite to eat and sit down to eat during our special entertainment!  During this time we will also have the following; Announcements, Goodie Bags handed out, and the Door Prize drawing (tickets in your Goodie Bag).

12:45pm - 1:30pm : PONY PURSUIT

1:30pm - 1:45pm : FREE TIME, CONTEST REGISTRATION CLOSE

1:45pm - 2:15pm : FREE TIME... buy/sell/trade/snack and VOTING BEGINS!

2:15pm - 3:15pm : LEMONDROP WISHES' FROLICKING FAKIES GAME.

3:15pm - 3:30pm : FREE TIME... buy/sell/trade/snack and LAST CHANCE TO VOTE!

3:30pm - 4:00pm : BINGO

4:00pm - 4:30pm : FREE TIME... buy/sell/trade/snack.

4:30pm - 5:00pm : All CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED and PRIZES CHOSEN.

5:00pm - ??? : FREE TIME, CLOSING BEGINS, start packing up, free table set up if     wanted.

As always everyone is welcome to arrive at the meet at anytime.  We just want everyone to be aware that any entries into contests must be registered by 1:45pm.  That is when voting begins.  Also, although you can leave at anytime we do all prizes together at 4:30pm.  And please keep in mind that if you are signing up to bring a food item we all have lunch together at 12:00pm. 

I like to post the schedule so everyone can see we have stuff planned for the whole day.  And to help you plan your travel times if necessary.

Hope to see you all there!

Your Ohio Pony Meet Hostesses,

Sheena, FireMuse, Lemondrop Wishes, Irishseashell, and Baby Pupperfly
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:45:22 AM by sheena »

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
Re: 6th Annual Ohio Pony Meet 2012 Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana Ponyfriends
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »
Sounds fun! Have a great day!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 05:27:59 PM »
Yay! Excited. I don't get to do my book convention this year so i have this to look forward to.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
Hope I'll be able to attend, sounds like a lot of fun! ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline tiggerkitn25

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+186)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
I think I'll be there for this one.  =)

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 09:16:02 PM »
So.... christmas themes meet? XD I don't know yet if I'll  be able to make it, depends on how badly the fair breaks my bank.

Offline FireMuse

• Trade Count: (+160)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »
So.... christmas themes meet? XD I don't know yet if I'll  be able to make it, depends on how badly the fair breaks my bank.

Yeah... it's CHRISTMAS IN JULY!!!!  Heeheehee!  ^_^

We are planning lots of fun things for people to do, so we hope ponypeople can attend!
My Etsy Store is: FireMuseShop

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:24:50 AM »
Christmas in July! I get it now. Well I really hope I can make it, I had a ton of fun last year.

Offline Ellis1342

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Doodle or do not doodle! There is no artist block!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »
I live just south of Indianapolis. Hopefully I can make it! May need to find a carpool...

Offline NoDivision

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »
I live just south of Indianapolis. Hopefully I can make it! May need to find a carpool...
If you're gonig let me know! I think there are a couple other indy-area people and I'd be happy to carpool :) (I don't know if I myself could volunteer to drive yet, my current car is not the most roadworthy, but if I get a new one before July I'm fine qith driving)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 10:35:54 AM »
Argh if only I lived in NKY still and didn't work on Saturdays. So wish I could go.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Lemondrop_Wishes

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 06:12:05 AM »
 :lol:  BUMPA!  :lol:

-Andrea  ;)

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »
I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 08:26:49 PM »
:bump:

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

waterfire852

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 06:38:19 AM »
PERFECT! I'll try to be there :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal