collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need some help with a Secret Surprise Pony  (Read 187 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Need some help with a Secret Surprise Pony
« on: October 08, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »
Ok I know I asked somewhere about customing a Secret Surprise Pony but for the love of me I don't want to have to go looking at this time of night!

Besides I believe that what I need to ask doesn't pertain to what I asked before XD

So, I know that there is hard plastic in the pony for the treasures and 'mechanism' but is there hard plastic where her neck ring normally is? If so, what do you guys suggest I do to get the whole mechanism out? I'm going to reuse some of it but I need to be able to get the tail out and I don't want too much damage to the pony or the bucket part of the mechanism.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Need some help with a Secret Surprise Pony
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 01:07:21 PM »
I'm working on taking one apart actually.... I just haven't had time to sit down and get more than the part on the back out.... basically if you cut around the seam for the hard plastic in the back, you can get that loose and pull it out, I haven't taken the head off yet.

eta: if you heat the pony up, you can sorta force the soft plastic and the hard plastic to separate from each other, making it easy enough to remove the bucket... you just have to work at it slowly by boiling it, and using an xacto knife or a tiny screw driver very carefully
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:09:06 PM by Alatariel-Silimaure »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: Need some help with a Secret Surprise Pony
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:12:27 PM »
I'm working on taking one apart actually.... I just haven't had time to sit down and get more than the part on the back out.... basically if you cut around the seam for the hard plastic in the back, you can get that loose and pull it out, I haven't taken the head off yet.

eta: if you heat the pony up, you can sorta force the soft plastic and the hard plastic to separate from each other, making it easy enough to remove the bucket... you just have to work at it slowly by boiling it, and using an xacto knife or a tiny screw driver very carefully
I'll have to try the boiling water tomorrow then because can't do that at this time of night XD

Post Merge: October 09, 2013, 11:30:30 AM

well apparently these girls have inverted neck rings XD I had to cut through this one because of that
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:30:30 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal