collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Peru yellow & orange Tootsie  (Read 342 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Peru yellow & orange Tootsie
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »
So I like for my ponies to look as close to "new" as possible.  If they originally came with curly hair that got washed/brushed out over time, then I recurl it.

I just got a nice Peruvian yellow Tootsie with bright orange hair, and I'm not sure what to make of her.  All the pics I've seen of her in the past showed that she's one of those "super curly" Peru ponies with really short and curly manes, and very long and curly tails.  Well, the one that I just got isn't curly, and I was planning to just recurl her until I actually saw her.  Her tail is extra long, like I expected, but her mane isn't short at all.  Actually, it looks pretty long too, like about the same length as the manes on UK Flower ponies or 7 Characters; you know, a little longer than regular G1 pony manes.

So now I'm not sure what to do with it since I'm not sure how it's "supposed" to look.  It doesn't really look like it was ever curly to begin with, and I'm wondering if there were different versions of Peru yellow Tootsie, one with a super curly short mane, and one with a longish straight mane.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?  Is there anyone with a super curly short-maned version who can measure it and tell me how long theirs is?

I can probably post a pic later; I just got her today and haven't given her a bath yet.  But here's her auction link in the mean time (I couldn't believe I won her for only $50!):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERU-VINTAGE-MY-LITTLE-PONY-TOOTSIE-WITH-BODY-YELLOW-ORANGE-HAIR-BY-BASA-/221144507639?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=%2BrWApQXPC6GuemHS897QsMjcIgg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
She's a bit discolored, but no stains, at least.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Peru yellow & orange Tootsie
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 12:44:19 AM »
she is cute  ;) ;)
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal