collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just bought this lot on e-Bay...  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Just bought this lot on e-Bay...
« on: April 05, 2012, 02:19:17 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300689761674?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I saw them at the last minute, bid and won.  Now I wish I hadn't.  I needed a few of the Fairy Tails for my own collection and thought I'd get the money back on the others, but now they have turned up and EVERY single one of them has a tail cut.  One has an almost regular length tail, a couple have half length but most have had their entire tails chopped out.  Obviously not worth the price I paid in this condition.

Admittedly the seller didn't put anything about condition in the description (just that they "needed a clean"), but surely I have an argument as she can't say she just didn't notice they were all missing their tails?  Not sure what to write to her though - I see she has a couple of neutral/negative feedbacks where buyers say she doesn't respond to their messages so I'm not holding out much hope.

Just wondering what other people would do in this situation?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought this lot on e-Bay...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 02:29:26 PM »
I am sorry you are dissapointed in them.   :(

They do look lovely in the pictures!

I would first contact your seller and and see if she responds with a resolution.  If not you can always open an item not as described case.  But be aware you will have to most likely have to send the lot back and it may be at your expense.  It will all depend on what the sellers return policy is.

Good Luck and I hope that something can be resolved :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:38:37 PM »
I think something as obvious as a tail cut should really be mentioned, or even if a seller isnt sure they should mention it.

Sorry its a disappointment Lancer :( I almost bid on that lot, the only reason I didn't was because I won something else, and didn't have anymore spare cash.

I hope you manage to sort something out :hug:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »
I understand I might well have to send them back, I have a terrible feeling the seller won't even respond and offer that much though.

I hate complaining to e-Bay sellers, but with half of the birds having no tails at all, I can't just let it go. :(

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 12:19:40 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but the tail cuts look pretty obvious from the pictures. If that's the case, I'm not sure you will win an item not as described case because they are as photographed. But maybe im just used to lookin at bad photos. Maybe you can make a case for a deceptive photo since they are all crowded together like that.  Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:22:16 AM by Maniah »

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 12:48:06 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but the tail cuts look pretty obvious from the pictures. If that's the case, I'm not sure you will win an item not as described case because they are as photographed. But maybe im just used to lookin at bad photos. Maybe you can make a case for a deceptive photo since they are all crowded together like that.  Good luck.

I think the cuts are extremely obvious. Those tails on those birds are so long and there are obviously cut cause none of them are poking out.

She would have no way to know if they were cut if she just got them out of her loft.

I just think that she's not a collector and listed them in that kind of "I don't know whats going on" fashion.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 12:54:31 AM »
I understand I might well have to send them back, I have a terrible feeling the seller won't even respond and offer that much though.

I hate complaining to e-Bay sellers, but with half of the birds having no tails at all, I can't just let it go. :(
I would not let it go!  If they are completely missing their tails that is something that most definetely should have been mentioned.  I can understand a tail trim going unnoticed but if some of the birds have tails and others where missing them, it should have been pretty ovious to the seller.

Like I stated above try contacting her first and if she doesn't respond then open the case.  I know you feel bad but sometimes we have to do these things.  She will maybe get the hint to either take a ton more pictures with her loose description or write a better one with less pictures. :)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 03:25:11 AM »
I agree 100% you should contact the seller.  Most sellers are much nicer than everyone thinks.  I do feel that it's very possible she simply did not pay enough attention or know enough about them to begin with but a decent seller will honor a mistake - even an honest one.

Best of luck to you, Lancer!  I hope the seller works with you!

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 03:54:35 AM »
I guess I'm just too trusting - I thought actual missing tails would be noted and presumed the tails were underneath the birds...especially as the ones that DO have tails have been carefully positioned at the edges, showing hair sticking out of the bunch.  Haircuts are one thing and I understand the seller (who doesn't seem to be an expert on these things) probably wouldn't notice a trim but she must have known that half of them had no tails whatsoever!  And somebody else was obviously bidding that amount on the lot who presumably didn't see the flaws either.

I'll just drop her a friendly line and see if she's happy to work something out.  If not, I guess I just have to chalk it up to experience and not buy lots without asking plenty of questions in future!

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 06:25:24 AM »
I'm sorry that this lot wasn't what you expected.  I know it probably isn't much consolation, but if you do keep them, rehairing a FTB is pretty quick and easy.  I'd jump at the chance to buy them as bait and fix them up.  Unfortunately, you didn't pay "bait" prices though.  Good luck!
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 06:39:18 AM »
I guess I'm just too trusting - I thought actual missing tails would be noted and presumed the tails were underneath the birds...especially as the ones that DO have tails have been carefully positioned at the edges, showing hair sticking out of the bunch.  Haircuts are one thing and I understand the seller (who doesn't seem to be an expert on these things) probably wouldn't notice a trim but she must have known that half of them had no tails whatsoever!  And somebody else was obviously bidding that amount on the lot who presumably didn't see the flaws either.

I'll just drop her a friendly line and see if she's happy to work something out.  If not, I guess I just have to chalk it up to experience and not buy lots without asking plenty of questions in future!

I hope you can work things out! I personally can't see the tails very good at the pics, it's not that she has showed the condition.
Think you are in your fully right to return for refund or open a case if there's no answer from her side.
Good luck!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 06:46:01 AM »
I do think the tail cuts are fairly noticeable in the shot, but they are all stacked up together.  It's possible they were just hidden from view.  The important thing is, can you use them for your collection?  If you can't, then there is really no point in keeping them.  So you would be better off sending them back and letting someone who can use them have a go.  Looks like there were several bids so they should have no problem reselling them. 

I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Lancer

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »
Well, the seller has responded and is open to a partial refund.  He didn't notice the tails were missing apparently (he's not an 80s toy dealer), and seems genuinely sorry.  Hopefully we can make an agreement and both come out of this happy. :)

I do think the tail cuts are fairly noticeable in the shot, but they are all stacked up together.  It's possible they were just hidden from view.  The important thing is, can you use them for your collection?  If you can't, then there is really no point in keeping them.  So you would be better off sending them back and letting someone who can use them have a go.  Looks like there were several bids so they should have no problem reselling them.

He doesn't take returns - I don't really like restorations in my collection, but I'll probably end up rehairing and keeping the ones I really wanted (like the fluffy tummy) and selling the rest as bait to someone who can do more with them. :)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 04:46:54 PM »
Ebay will force a return if the item is not as described. It doesn't really matter if they take returns or not. 

But I'm glad you two are working it out!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 06:16:12 PM »
:hug:  that must have been very disappointing Lancer!  :(   I agree that while a trim might easily have gone unnoticed by a non-collector, missing tails should have been noticed and  mentioned in the auction .  I'm glad to hear that you messaged the seller though and that he responded and is willing to work things out with you :bigups:   

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal