collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: communication  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
communication
« on: April 04, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »
 :| I'll keep it short...
I made an expensive (for me) purchase from someone, let them know I had paid  - but they would not reply to me for 20+ days despite my 2 polite enquiries and plenty of online activity from them. Only after a very direct message about my concerns I got a reply minutes later and pony was post-marked sent the next day.
They have excellent feedback I would not want to tarnish, I mean I did receive a pony exactly as described, I hope it was just a one off. But is it normal for me to have worried about it? I don't buy and trade here much
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:45:21 PM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: communication
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »
I'm confused, you have the pony or you don't have it yet?

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »
Its perfectly normal for you to be worried when communication isnt good :hug:  the truth is that while there are many more good sellers  than bad ones, you can never be too careful (that goes for anywhere BTW - not just here  ;)  )    and if someone is actually online but they are not responding to your messages then of course you are going to be concerned.  Sometimes real life stuff happens and there might be a delay in your item being sent, but the seller should always let you know.  Sometimes a more direct message is neccessary unfortunately :(   
Since you got your pony and you're happy with it , maybe just add in the feedback you leave that while you are pleased with the pony (exactly as described etc) , the seller was  slow to respond to messages. Its always best to leave honest feedback so that other members know of any potential problems they might have if they decide to buy from this person.  It doesnt deserve a neg, but it does deserve a mention :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 07:27:36 AM »
Communication is a huge part of the trading community and I can completely understand your concern! I wholeheartedly agree with Ringlets in this situation; I would most definitely mention the lack of communication in her feedback but I wouldn't give her less than positive for the transaction unless I was not happy with my purchase. If you feel that it grieved you so very much that you honestly feel that it deserves less than positive I would try one last time to communicate with the seller to let her know that I was so unhappy that I was considering leaving not-so-nice FB. It might be that she had a RL issue that came up that she was not comfortable discussing (a death in the family, an illness, ect..) I would at least give her the opportunity to address the situation before I left her her first neutral or neg. She probably has no idea that you are upset by the delay and would be shocked to find out that you are unhappy with the transaction. ;)
Again, it's just the importance of good communication.
  Hopes this helps!

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »
I think kCherry has some great advice!  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 01:13:16 PM »
I think kCherry has some great advice!  :) 
I agree! 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Lyra

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:00 PM »
Hey all, thanks for the advice :)
I'll leave positive feedback for sure, but I'll make a comment about the lack of communication thing :/ I mean it was 20+ days before any dispatch, and I doubt they were busy or had RL stuff - due to the regular amount of online activity I saw them carry out during that time (while ignoring me >.<)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »
So, you mean it took more then 20 days after you paid to actually send the item?

Offline Lyra

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 01:49:20 PM »
So, you mean it took more then 20 days after you paid to actually send the item?

Well yes, but what bothered me the most was that they did not tell me what was going on o_0 I was worried because we both live in the UK and I paid the price for first-class recorded so was worried it had been lost

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »
Oh, I know! I just wanted to be sure I read that part right. I'm a super patient gal. But- if I've paid, assumed my parcel was sent. waited and had been checking my mailbox for 20 days, inquire, STILL hear nothing and later (from the postmark) find out my item was sent that late, with no explanation I'd be more then a little upset. As long as I know what's going on, I'm happy. Nobody would fault you for mentioning communication in the FB. Especially since the seller was active and posting while your messages were being sent.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:44:58 PM by FantasticFirefly »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal