collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 666
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: What is in a name?  (Read 1349 times)

Offline RavenFeather

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
What is in a name?
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:29:25 AM »
So as we are waiting for the comic con pony this year to either drop in price or arrive at our doorsteps, I thought we could talk about her name.  Since I know a lot of people don't like her 'Brony' Name, what names do you use to identify her?

And what names do you use for other ponies if you don't like their real names?

For me, I tend to call the little wall-eyed pony Ditzie, Fizz, or Bubbles.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thanks Bronely!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: What is in a name?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:38:36 AM »
I never understood why she isn't Bubblecup, since Hasbroken is so intent on re-using G3 names.

Flutterblossom

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:40:40 AM »
I call her DerpyDoo.  :P

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »
She's Derp.y to me usually followed by some "derp derp"s! :P lol

Offline Jenn77

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 11:05:50 AM »
Well I like the name Derp.y (hides in case of thrown fakies) and don't understand the fuss to change it. She kinda makes me think of Goofy from Disney and he is a favorite of mine.. That's just me though.. Are we still allowed to call her Derp.y :unsure:..I would hate to cause something just because I used that name.. O.k whats with the auto correct,I just noticed before I posted? :huh:
Calypso by~ Corona

Calypso by~ Brightberry

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
She'll always be :muffin: Pony to me <3
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
She'll always be :muffin: Pony to me <3
Yup.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Flutterblossom

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 11:42:28 AM »
Well I like the name Derp.y (hides in case of thrown fakies) and don't understand the fuss to change it. She kinda makes me think of Goofy from Disney and he is a favorite of mine.. That's just me though.. Are we still allowed to call her Derp.y :unsure:..I would hate to cause something just because I used that name.. O.k whats with the auto correct,I just noticed before I posted? :huh:
Yes, I always considered her a character like Goofy. I don't understand why she gets so much debate, Derp.y is a fine name for her.

And I still don't understand why moms made such a fuss over her voice/name in The Last Round Up. Why don't angry moms go make fuss over Goofy instead?  Can girls not be "goofy" or "clumsy"? Do girls have to be perfect and pretty? Because I thought the show was about teaching girls that they can be themselves anyway way they want! And to accept friends that are different! Well, Derp.y was definatly "different", and look what complaining moms have taught their kids by doing this!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 11:44:23 AM by Flutterblossom »

Offline RavenFeather

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 12:04:02 PM »
Yes, I always considered her a character like Goofy. I don't understand why she gets so much debate, Derp.y is a fine name for her.

And I still don't understand why moms made such a fuss over her voice/name in The Last Round Up. Why don't angry moms go make fuss over Goofy instead?  Can girls not be "goofy" or "clumsy"? Do girls have to be perfect and pretty? Because I thought the show was about teaching girls that they can be themselves anyway way they want! And to accept friends that are different! Well, Derp.y was definatly "different", and look what complaining moms have taught their kids by doing this!

I love the name :muffin: Pony as well, but I also kind of imagine it as a nickname, Sometimes I even call her Ditzie :muffin: Pony Doo.  And honestly, I love the redubbed voice of her over her original...but I loved the original scene, it was more true to Rainbow Dash's personality...  If we could just splice the two scenes together, I'd be a VERY happy pony!  The original voice sounded more boy-ish to me, but the redub made her sound exactly as I had imagined her sounding.  Cute, Dizzy, and sounding slightly dumb blond.  You know like that one blonde cheerleader that never really understands what is going on, I think we've all had to deal with somebody like that!

And yeah, she is more-or-less our Goofy now.  But she also reminds me a TON of G1 Applejack.  'Falling into posts and knocking over fences'...Yup I can see her doing that!

I think it would be a lot of fun if somebody was to re-do that Twinkle-Eye Comic that featured Applejack only in FiM Style with Miss :muffin: Pony taking the role of Applejack!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:08:16 PM by RavenFeather »
 Thanks Bronely!

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 12:18:09 PM »
She'll always be :muffin: Pony to me.
I loved her second redub voice better - cute and innocent, although clumsy and scatterbrained.

I could see Usagi from Sailor Moon being played by our lovable gray pegasus.  Sweet and helpful, but makes a mess of things and is a klutz.  (Bubble Derp Power, Make-up!)

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »
Changing the subject from The Derp, when I was a kid I had a Sunblossom second hand so I didn't know what her name was. I sensibly named her Star, which makes a lot more sense than her real name, since she's covered in stars :)

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

majikarte

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 01:39:07 PM »
Derpɣ Hooves is my favourite name for her, but I do really like Bubblecup. It's probably unlikely, but I'd love to see Hasbro release a Playful Pony sized Derpɣ, with regular eyes, and the name Bubblecup. 

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2012, 01:45:35 PM »
What is in a name?

Letters, generally.

Derpɣ Hooves for me, too!  C:  (That y thing is awesome!)  I still say she should be BUBBLEBUTT though!  XD

Joking on that lol

I HATE the name Ditzy Doo.  I don't know why, it just bugs me.  If I could not have the derpo name, though, I would be okay with Bubblecup.

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
I think she should be Bubblecup as G3 Bubblecup's colours are very similar.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
:muffin: Pony.  Charlotte still yells that when she sees her in episodes.  (so does DH)
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal