collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you have a problem with people cutting pony hair?  (Read 6506 times)

Offline Zenobiaa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Just a little bit Ditzy Doo
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a problem with people cutting pony hair?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 11:42:10 AM »
If it's a common pony like the Mane 6, I don't mind as much. I'd personally never do more than style it with boiling water and curlers, but if you want to do it on a common pony fine. But when they do it on a rare pony...Then I have a problem. I've seen the FS SDCC :muffin: Pony given a haircut to be more show accurate on eBay. Now that I think about it, I remember one person saying they wanted a :muffin: Pony to customize (I really hope they just meant giving it a haircut- a full on customization on a rare/limited pony would be worse than just a hair trim e.e).

I really hope no one would do it to an older pony though. Ponies help you if I catch you trimming a G1's mane for no good reason...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Help me find my grail: FS :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Doo Prototype

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 12:02:26 PM »
Yeah... I have a big problem with it if it's G1s. I don't really care about G4s though, people can do what they like with them.

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »
I like to brush out their hair, but I'd never cut it if it was the only one of its type I had (don't have duplicates yet) However, I've seen some really impressive modifications to the mane six that make them look more show accurate that I wouldn't mind having along with those I have in their original state. The ones I've seen (usually G1s) with the hair completely chopped off in random places would drive me crazy though.  >_<

Appleseed

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2012, 02:01:37 PM »
I do a little trimming if it befits the style I want with my G4s. I don't do many major haircuts though. Well, I got lucky with Rainbow Dash, considering how much had to come off! She turned out pretty nice :)

I personally don't mind it. People should be allowed to do whatever they want with their belongings. In terms of buying/collecting I'd like one without any hair cut off (I'd rather make any adjustments that I see fit), but many ponies look nice with short hair.

ChenilleTwist

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
I have to echo the sentiment of being more bothered by it if it's a rare or vintage pony getting the haircut! (shame shame, I gave my first pony a haircut and gave myself a haircut too!)
I'll only cut hair if I already have duplicates and it's not a hard to find pony (or it came with huge flaws that cleaning won't fix)  but I'm not a hardcore collector as much as someone who just loves having the toys, I like to be able to handle them and display them! (I have no place to display cards so they're hanging in the closet)

I've only given a haircut to 2 of my G4's, a Rarity I converted to my Ponysona, and a Lily Blossom  of which I have 3, who I wanted to turn into a certain wall-eyed pegasus, but had to put on hold.  Lily is my favorite so I kinda felt bad about it afterward!

Though, I suppose hair cutting on any of them doesn't seem so bad since you can re-hair a pony, and sometimes it's even necessary. Painting the pony, now that's a horse of a different color! :P

Folly

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 02:21:24 PM »
G4's?  I think they should ALL have haircuts.  I hate their long tangley hair >:T but I don't place any value in my G4's, really.  I doubt I'll have them for long enough for them to gain value, if they ever do.  I'd rather have ponies now that I like than ponies 20 years from now that other people like :P the only time I don't cut their is when I'm curling it enough to get it to not drag on the ground, or when it's a more sought-after pony.  Like, I definitely wouldn't cut an FS Applejack's hair.  But I'd probably give her an updo or something because I seriously CANNOT stand the super long hair.

G1's?  A minor trim is fine, but their hair is already short enough that a haircut really screws with it >< I like it the way it is!  So I definitely do prefer my G1's without haircuts.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »
In my collection, no matter the gen, I wouldnt be able to cut or trim hair...but thats for my ponies in my collection :) Everyone is perfectly entitled to do as they wish with their own ponies.

Some of the fabulous "dos" people give their G4s are adorable but personally I couldnt bring myself to take scissors close enough to a pony to even snip a hair or two. :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
I was having trouble styling a pony's hair last night and my mom said, "why don't you just cut it?" XD Cutting hair is a major no-no for me. I did that with my Barbie doll one time and it didn't work out so well ;) But if it enhances the pony's look and you're able to cut and style to make it look just like the show, then I say go for it :) I would just never do it :P
My Wish List

Phekzhen

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 05:26:23 PM »
I've had ponies where the hair is still "loops" and the end hasn't been cut off in the factory, so I trimmed it so everything would be the same length. And some ponies don't have the same length hair, so they need to be evened out.

I've only done this with G4s, since I've never seen this as an issue with the previous gens.

Offline SpaRx

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »
I cut long stray hairs  :blush: I really hate them. I only do it if it's one or really few, otherwise I wouldn't even think about cutting pony hair  :P It doesn't bother me that my ponies hair isn't like it is in the show soit'sallgood  :)
:silly:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 05:48:52 PM »
If people want to do it to their own ponies, that's their prerogative.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 05:57:36 PM »
I personally don't buy ponies with hair cuts (unless they're so cheap I would be stupid not to).  I like my ponies with the hair they had in the box.  But I have no problem if people cut their own ponies hair.  I just won't buy it if they try and sell them.

I guess it would upset me if someone had a rapunzel with original hair and they cut it.  But it's their toy.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
For G1s, I mind it very much if someone is doing it NOW unless the pony already has a haircut and is getting a trim to even the cut (I've done this before). However in general, I prefer my G1s to be tailless and usually love haircuts (aside from stuff like a forelock being cut off fully and nothing else touched, god that's annoying, lol).

For G2s,  same basic feelings except I prefer my G2s as mint as possible. As far as G3s/3.5s go, again the same basic deal. However I don't really collect G3s and only like customs G3.5s. G3/3.5 are the only McD's I'm okay cutting the hair on, and that's only if I cannot salvage it. G4s, I honestly couldn't care less because the quality control is nonexistant anyways and I avoid them like the plague.

Dragonbait

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 06:18:08 PM »
I cut the hair on the G4 ponies I get to make them more show accurate. I've done the mane 6, the Cutie Mark Crusaders & Cheerliee, and I'm working on a fashion style Rarity tonight. I don't plan on selling them though, I'm doing it for myself. However making bangs can be frustrating. I need to redo some too. I'll see about taking a picture when I'm happy with all of them.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »
I cringe..... I can usually get my ponies pretty 'accurate' by clever hair placement and styling

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal