collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Texas Pony Fair???  (Read 5572 times)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
Re: Texas Pony Fair???
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2015, 05:39:34 PM »
I'm graciously backing out, It seems apparent that Austin is gonna be the place for the meet up..and I wouldn't be able to travel to Austin by myself unless I get a friend or two to come with me!  :blush:

You started this thread! haha be bold and name the city where you want the meet to be! Besides, I think one major point of the localized meet-ups is to give an opportunity to meet up for people who want to, but maybe can't go to the Fair for whatever reason. So it defeats your purpose if you can't even go to the meet you wanted to organize!

If you host it, they will come  :P ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »
I would host it in Dallas, but I'm not rich nor am I organized XD
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2015, 05:57:21 PM »
I'm graciously backing out, It seems apparent that Austin is gonna be the place for the meet up..and I wouldn't be able to travel to Austin by myself unless I get a friend or two to come with me!  :blush:

You started this thread! haha be bold and name the city where you want the meet to be! Besides, I think one major point of the localized meet-ups is to give an opportunity to meet up for people who want to, but maybe can't go to the Fair for whatever reason. So it defeats your purpose if you can't even go to the meet you wanted to organize!

I'm feeling overwhelmed!!
:drunk:
Maybe I should table this and come back to it after the holidays.. :blush: If I host it, it's gonna be in Tyler, during the early summer most likely.. if not at a hotel, I'm thinking a local restaurant..

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2015, 06:42:17 PM »

I'm feeling overwhelmed!!
:drunk:
Maybe I should table this and come back to it after the holidays.. :blush: If I host it, it's gonna be in Tyler, during the early summer most likely.. if not at a hotel, I'm thinking a local restaurant..

haha, see, again, I think you guys are REALLY over-thinking this! You don't need to be rich to organize a local meet - that's part of the point! So people can get together without having to spend money on getting to the Fair or a con.  :silly:

For price point, meeting at a park is your best option, and I know others have done it this way, if I remember correctly from previous meet-up threads. You could even just have it at someone's home - if you live in apartment building or complex, there is sometimes a community lounge area where you could meet.  It could also be just a pot-luck thing to keep the cost low.

Running a search on the forum, you can look through threads about past meets to get ideas if you aren't sure. For example, there was a small meet at someone's house a few years ago in Houston:  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,285783.0.html

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2015, 06:56:16 PM »

I'm rich but not by monetary value!  :P

The apartment where I used to live would have been perfect!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2015, 11:37:36 PM »
I'm rich in ponies! :-3 And chocolate! Ha-ha I went out and bought more Gylian seapony chocolates today after talking about them here xD

We can meet up anywhere guys! Even if its a Starbucks! *imagines coffee + excitement over ponies mix will get us kicked out of restraunts* LOL!  :P I wish we had some kind of cool pony resturaunt/cafe here! I think that's the only thing Texas doesn't have! xD There is a comic book store called Madness Comocs and Games in Plano Texas that hosts MTG, Pokemon, and sometimes MLP TCG tournies- its very huge! I have always imagined that would be a cool place to meet up plus they sell ponies!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I like to go to Tyler in March to hunt for those tastey Morel mushrooms! I swear that's the only place they grow here! I also love a river there in Winter because there are cool cretaceous ocean fossils in there!!!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2015, 03:12:12 AM »
I'm rich in ponies! :-3 And chocolate! Ha-ha I went out and bought more Gylian seapony chocolates today after talking about them here xD

We can meet up anywhere guys! Even if its a Starbucks! *imagines coffee + excitement over ponies mix will get us kicked out of restraunts* LOL!  :P I wish we had some kind of cool pony resturaunt/cafe here! I think that's the only thing Texas doesn't have! xD There is a comic book store called Madness Comocs and Games in Plano Texas that hosts MTG, Pokemon, and sometimes MLP TCG tournies- its very huge! I have always imagined that would be a cool place to meet up plus they sell ponies!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I like to go to Tyler in March to hunt for those tastey Morel mushrooms! I swear that's the only place they grow here! I also love a river there in Winter because there are cool cretaceous ocean fossils in there!!!

::ponders: hmmm! :)

Princess Lala

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2015, 06:18:18 AM »
And what is miss Sweet_Stuff pondering about????!!!  :biggrin:

If its the comic book store, maybe I can help out? You said you lived in Tyler so its not super far away! ALSO OMG there is this AMAAAAZING Asia MArket near that comic book store that sells the best selection of JApanese candy around! Also there is this a million resturaunts, both fast food, common chain-dinners, and specialty resturaunts like Eastern Indian, Authentic Italian, Japanese, Mongolian, etc! *goes to happy place*

If its about the mushrooms, maybe we can meet up somewhere in the Spring! xD Those things are delicious deep-fried in beer batter! -goes off topic because is excited about Texas stuff- 

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2015, 06:49:18 AM »
And what is miss Sweet_Stuff pondering about????!!!  :biggrin:

If its the comic book store, maybe I can help out? You said you lived in Tyler so its not super far away! ALSO OMG there is this AMAAAAZING Asia MArket near that comic book store that sells the best selection of JApanese candy around! Also there is this a million resturaunts, both fast food, common chain-dinners, and specialty resturaunts like Eastern Indian, Authentic Italian, Japanese, Mongolian, etc! *goes to happy place*

If its about the mushrooms, maybe we can meet up somewhere in the Spring! xD Those things are delicious deep-fried in beer batter! -goes off topic because is excited about Texas stuff-

Oh, hehe I didn't think about hosting it at a place like Starbucks! That would be awesome.. There are even some great parks around the area too. :)

Offline shadowspell7

• Smoozed Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2015, 07:59:46 AM »
I agree Starbucks would be cool. And I know where Madness Comics is! I love that place! :D I know nothing has been set in stone yet but I can't help getting excited  :cheer:

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2015, 09:55:09 AM »
Is there a Panera Bread at any of y'all's areas? There could be a meet up there!  :cool:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »
Is there a Panera Bread at any of y'all's areas? There could be a meet up there!  :cool:

Yes, there is one here :)

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2015, 12:11:08 PM »
I'm not opposed to it being somewhere outside of Austin. Was just suggesting it because I know there's a lot of great food and locations around here that would be pretty well suited to a meet up! My complex has a lounge area that would work nicely too. But if you guys wanna host it elsewhere that's also fine, I'd be happy to have any kind of pony event within a couple hours' trip.

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2015, 08:10:22 PM »
TX Pony Meet Up!  :cheer:

Tyler, 2016

Do y'all think it would be good to have it during Spring Break or would summer work better, or does it matter to you?

I would host it at my place but it's way too small and messy.. :lol:
Thoughts on actual site? Restaurant with private room? I can take RSVPs and we can bring ponies, games, etc.? Other ideas/thoughts?

Princess Lala

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2015, 08:06:07 PM »
OMG Tyler is so close! :-3 I could so do that! Summer would work best for me! I work and don't get vacation until summer!

We don't need anything fancy, I just wanna meet ya'll!We can do Starbucks! Coffeeeeee!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal