collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To those of you that have EQG dolls with dry hair  (Read 349 times)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
To those of you that have EQG dolls with dry hair
« on: September 17, 2013, 01:42:01 PM »
The kind of hair that feels less like nylon, and more like a dry, easily tangled mess, just rinse it through with water, and some conditioner.
I left some conditioner, a small amount, in Sunset Shimemr's hair for 20 mimutes, rinsed it clean, let it dry, and it feels a lot nicer, not quite as soft as my Rainbow Dash and Celestia Dolls, but it doesn't tangle as much, doesn't feel dry, and is nicer to the touch. I didn't take her clothes off either, so you don't have to be that crazy with water and conditioner.

of course, this is very obvious, but in case you didn't think of it, try it out. :P Just be careful of factory hairstyling, SS doesn't really have one, so she was a good test dummy, so to say.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: To those of you that have EQG dolls with dry hair
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 03:08:25 AM »
Good tip! Thanks for sharing :) Hopefully it helps some people out.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 06:47:43 AM »
Thanks for the tip! :) I have a method Id love to share too! I used Herbal Essences hydralicious revivalizant conditioner set in their hair for an hour and rinsed with cold water to make that darned hair pretty soft.  I find it silly they used that strange dry doll hair on certain dolls... especially Rainbow Dash!  What is that stuff made out of, is it even nylon? Is there a specific name for it?  I have been meaning to ask that for a while!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:50:09 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »
Thanks for the tip! :) I have a method Id love to share too! I used Herbal Essences hydralicious revivalizant conditioner set in their hair for an hour and rinsed with cold water to make that darned hair pretty soft.  I find it silly they used that strange dry doll hair on certain dolls... especially Rainbow Dash!  What is that stuff made out of, is it even nylon? Is there a specific name for it?  I have been meaning to ask that for a while!

I think its still nylon just a different grade/manufacture. There is a different feel to it than regular pony hair but its not quite got the right properties/texture of other hair.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 12:01:41 AM »
Thanks s worked perfectly on my Rainbow Dash. :) However I also used it for my Applejack but no her bangs are all covering her head. :C

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal