collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To trim, or not to trim, that is the question.  (Read 1103 times)

Loups

• Trade Count: (0)
To trim, or not to trim, that is the question.
« on: April 01, 2012, 05:21:49 AM »
I've been picking up a lot of cheap flowers of late and all of them have had to have the fart Parlour treatment. Once they've been cleaned up I notice that, more often then not, the mane hair is uneven. At this point my OCD kicks in and my first thought is, "Must... trim... hair!" But then I've read comments from collectors saying, "At least this one's hair hasn't been trimmed!".

Such a dilemma!

Is a little light trimming acceptable? I'm no hairdresser, but I think I can just about manage a straight line!

What's the general consensus with this issue?

I see I picked the right day to post this! :lol:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 05:25:12 AM by Loups »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: To trim, or not to trim, that is the question.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:26:36 AM »
I think this would largely depend what generation you are talking about? And also the scale of the hair cut?

Cutting G4 hair to be more stylised or more in keeping with the show seems common practice now...G3s are common enough that its not the end of the world, but if you trim G2 or G1 all you are doing is devaluing the pony

However, they are your ponies and you can certainly do whatever you please with them! Personally though the main thing I dont like on ponies is hair cuts...I dont understand why people willingly do it whether G1 or G4...BUT thats for my ponies and my collection...everyone feels differently.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Loups

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 05:39:21 AM »
I wouldn't be giving them a whole new "do", just trimming off the straggly bits at the end.

I've a couple of G1's with uneven hair and the three G3's I got last week. I cleaned them yesterday and they've got bits sticking out all over the shop! I just find it unpleasant to look at. I think it's where the nylon has stretched through play.

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:42:41 AM »
I've done a few really minor trims before. Namely, their hair was in such horrible shape after being straightened and everything else that... I just didn't feel right leaving them with frizzy hair. That, and they were common ones that don't go for a whole lot anyway.  So finding replacements in better shape wouldn't be hard.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:18:32 AM »
Depends I think. I've trimmed G1 hair when there are a few strands or a small section that's gotten stretched or partially pulled out and is now noticeably longer than the rest, and if there's already a trim, I've trimmed it more to make it look a little better. If it's just general unevenness from when it was made, I usually leave it.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 08:21:42 AM »
I have no issue giving my G1s a small trim when I see a few random too-long hairs sticking out. =) There's a difference between a trim and a cut!
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 01:28:53 PM »
I don't mind trimming either. As long as you aren't going to lop off a huge chunk of hair you should be good. I routinely trim stray hairs after pony baths :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Whippetluv!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal