collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The PonyLand Press childhood Photos! Who remembers?  (Read 767 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
The PonyLand Press childhood Photos! Who remembers?
« on: March 08, 2021, 10:07:17 PM »
http://www.ponylandpress.com/aboutus/

I wish my childhood was like this with so many ponies and a little sister to share it with. I just love seeing the cool clothes! This site has been around for a while since 2000 I think?

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 11:14:41 AM by LightingElectricDream »
:accomplished:

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
Re: The PonyLand Press childhood Photos! Who remembers?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 11:23:54 AM »
I LOVE this! I've never heard of this site before, being fairly new to collecting and all.

The personal info about the ponies is just the best. I can read that stuff all day :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline JanuaryJoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • G1 & G3 MLP Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 03:45:30 PM »
I loved looking at all the vintage photos! I've definitely never seen any of it before, though, must've been long before my time. Still, it seems like a website with a lot of love and fun content put into it. I wonder if there's any info on what happened to the ladies behind this ancient page, haha!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: 𝕁𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪𝕁𝕠𝕪, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕞𝕖 :rainbow:

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 10:23:04 PM »
Aww I love Ponyland Press, it's one of my fave pony websites! Their pony town & stories are just so cute and fun!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 05:37:36 AM »
I forget which of our Arena members that is, but yep :)  fun site
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 06:46:32 AM »
Ah, nostalgic :D
I love looking at other people's pony photos from their childhood. It's so fun seeing what ponies other people had and how they enjoyed them growing up :)

I'm lucky enough to have a sister like that, with whom I played ponies as a kid and with whom I can still share the hobby, even now we're both in our thirties. Many of my sister's ponies are in storage because she has no space where she lives, but her 20 or so childhood ponies are on display in her room at the parents' house whenever she comes home to stay. She also is fond of kidnapping mine and has been really enthusiastic about the new retros. I managed to take her to ponycon twice before the pandemic hit, though trying to stop her rescuing all the bait ponies was difficult xD.

...We have a lot of photos but my family aren't happy with me posting pics online that involve family members other than me (I don't know how sister feels about it, actually...). I don't have many that are just me on my own, since we played together so much as a kid. We also have some lovely home video - there's a clip from 1995 with my sister explaining to the camera all the ponies we'd found at the carboot sale. She was eight I think?

It's so much fun to remember back to a time that seems SO long ago now <3.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 10:17:41 AM »
This site was fun to look through...I seriously got the biggest serotonin boost just looking at all those well-loved ponies! I was fortunate enough to have had a similar childhood experience with my ponies and 2 siblings to enjoy them with as well as a best friend who was into them with me. I wish I had more pictures; I guess we too busy playing with them to worry about getting pictures of them! Actually, it was probably more of a case of film being expensive to buy and develop back in the 80's, and my dad didn't want to waste it on photographing our toys, I imagine. But we used to make towns and stories for our ponies, much like these sisters did,and I felt so nostalgic just reading their stories. Thanks for posting it!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 04:55:26 PM »
I LOVE this site & their town & the characters in it!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal