collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Ponies Sleep in the Bed With Me O.o  (Read 2907 times)

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: My Ponies Sleep in the Bed With Me O.o
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 09:15:58 PM »
I think 6 is excessive.  One is fine.  I had a baby ember in my car for the longest time!  But then I got busy and forgot she was in my glove box and "found" her again a year later. Fun surprises!   
Sleeping with hard plastic ponies in the bed does not sound very appealing. 
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Wishing Well

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 10:45:56 PM »
I slept with Gingerbread in my bed  a few nights ago, but only because she was my grail and I was so happy to have her! Same with Twirly Treats, but they were the exception rather than the rule

And @ the Lead thing: It's also true that there is a small but significant amount of Arsenic in the dirt on the ground, in the water that you drink and in the foods you eat (if there was a plant product in it at some point, it would have arsenic) but it is in such a miniscule amount that it actually helps you grow rather than kills you. I'm guessing it's the same for 80's toys with miniscules amounts of lead.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 10:51:54 PM »
If it makes you happy and doesn't distract, I wouldn't worry about it.  You're not hurting anyone.  :)

I'm 30 and I still have a couple of well-loved childhood plushies on my bed and occasionally a princess blanket that my best friend made for me a few years ago.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2013, 08:05:31 AM »
Ok...on the "are they safe front" - I am going to say something which everyone probably already knows. Don't rely on the internet to give you information on such things. If I looked up whether I should eat strawberries I would find websites which told me they were poisonous; if I diagnosed a headache I would need to check myself into a mental health facility or call for an ambulance. :P The internet is a wonderful place but its pretty good at scaremongering.

If you really want to know if things are safe, ask professionals - do the actual research speaking to people who can test and know things. Dont trust google...And you can ask Hasbro - these are children's toys, in the current age of litigation it is in their interest to be careful about content.

As to the actual OPs point - if it makes you happy that's all that matters. I am 32 and I carry a Pinkie Pie in my laptop case - as a little companion and as she is a good talking point at client meetings [I work in advertising - being weird and quirky is mandatory :P]. I wouldnt have ponies on my bed but mainly because I like all the room to myself and because as far as puppy Harry is concerned, toys not on the pony shelves must belong to him. As long as you dont mind the potential damage then I say go for it!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »
I keeps ponies on my bedside table and chest of drawers. I'm going to get a bookcase too but I'll still be keeping ponies on my bedside table. 

With regards to taking ponies with you when your wandering, It's totally up to you how many you take as long as no ones being nasty to you about it. I take a pony with me now and again, the last one I took was Snuzzle. Maybe just take a different pony every day, an individual pony every day.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 01:09:56 PM »
There's no room for ponies in my bed once my cat gets in there with me. Cats expand to fill all available space :)

Sometimes monster high dolls fall of the tv and land on me in the middle of the night, but that's not the same thing.

I never took ponies to school. People there were evil and would have destroyed them.
I did take ponies with me to work though (when I had a job).
They would sit on top of the monitor (when monitors were huge big cubes).
And this was before G3 so there were no magnets :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 01:14:56 PM »
I don't normally carry ponies with me except for the blindbag Minty that I made into a key chain.  I did take a Shenanigans with me on a vacation to take picture with.  I also have an extra Twilight Sparkle at my desk at work.  I work at a library so I thought it would just be sad if I didn't have a Twilight at work. 

I have never been a huge fan of mlp plushies before but I just fell in love with the Build-a-bear plushies. So now even though Rainbow Dash is my least favorite character in the show, she now sleeps in the bed with me cause she's just cuddly.

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »
When I was about 6 or 7, and G3s had just come out, I used to sleep with my Moondancer.

I miss her. I think she fell under my bed, but I've never been able to find her there.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »
I agree with everyone else- I personally wouldn't want them on my bed, but that's because I'd just kick them off- I prefer something I can cuddle.
And I take ponies with me on vacation- a different one each time. I've had curious looks, lots of interesting conversations, and my husband's cousin to deal with, but it's all ended up all right. I don't tend to take more than one, mostly because I don't want to lose them! Of course, the whole Apple Delight Family went to California- Family Vacation!
So as long as you are happy with the way it is working out, go for it! Just don't poke an eye out with a unicorn horn! LOL!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
I don't think taking that many to school is "overkill". If they're not a distraction to you or your classmates and it makes you feel good to have them with you, I say go for it. High school can be tough. Do whatever you can to make it comfortable.

As for sleeping with your ponies, I think that's fine too! I imagine it would be a tad uncomfy though. Have you ever considered getting some plush ponies? They have made plush ponies for every gen so you can buy a variety. Far more cuddly than plastic ponies. But hey, if you'd rather sleep with the plastic ones, that's your prerogative.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2013, 01:33:16 PM »
I have a rainbow dash I sleep with if hubby isn't home, but I've never slept with an actual pony. And I can't say I've taken any to school since I was about 9-10? The closetst I come is that I use G3 minty's charm as a key ring. But hey, you've got some good opinions here, so I'll keep mine to myself. It's up to you what you do - just don't take out an eye with those horns or ears!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »
Plastic ponies in bed are painful. A G3 fell off a shelf last night and ended up digging into a kidney  >_<

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 02:36:30 PM »
Plastic ponies in bed are painful. A G3 fell off a shelf last night and ended up digging into a kidney  >_<

Could be worse could have landed on your head ouch  :rofl: this is what would happen to me if I had a shelf above my head I guarantee it
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 02:39:58 PM »

Could be worse could have landed on your head ouch  :rofl: this is what would happen to me if I had a shelf above my head I guarantee it

Me too! XD I am scared of my wooden picture falling on my head in the night!

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 03:08:38 PM »
Lagoona Blue fell on my head a while back. Middle of the night. BAM! right on the noggin!
Two of her fins fell off and I still can't find them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal