collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do "imperfections" on your ponies bother you?  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do "imperfections" on your ponies bother you?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »
No, they don't - I'm a very casual collector, and I'll accept anything from hair cuts to chew marks (as long as the pony hasn't had large chunks bitten out of it...!) The only imperfection that irks me is pindot mold, because even though it is treatable, it always leaves ponies looking like they have a bad case of acne.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2012, 03:29:44 AM »
I wouldn't necessarily bid on or buy a pony with a bad hair cut, major marks or major symbol rubs (the main imperfections that bother me) but if one came to me in a lot that I bought and I didn't already have him/her I would happily add them to my collection and the flaw wouldn't really bother me. That said, if I got another one of that pony in better condition I would definitely upgrade and once I have all the US and UK/Euro ponies I think I would start to seek out upgrades.

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2012, 08:54:07 AM »
I, too, would rather rescue a pony in poor shape than pay a ton for a perfect pony.  I like to think that I'm seeing them as being lovable, even after they've gone through some hard days as a toy, and I know that I can make a lot of issues better.

Seeing perfectly salvageable G1 ponies turned into custom bait really, really, really makes me sad.
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2012, 09:20:46 AM »
I'm a medium amount of picky. Small marks or marks on the bottoms of hooves tend to not really bother me. Haircuts depend, but I'll buy ponies with cut hair and just rehair them if it bothers me. Cutie mark rubs depend. A very minor rub on the outer edge or so is fine, but any major rubs aren't. I also don't like eye rubs. Ponies with markings down their legs that are damaged bother me more than they should. I have a thing for "designer/collector" ponies and I get really agitated when their markings are damaged by scratches and/or rubs.

I have a Coconut Grove who is a bit warped in the belly and she has some fairly large brown marks. This bothers me quite a bit. She also has minor cutie mark damage, which in this case doesn't bother me as much. The warping I could deal with, but those big marks right there on her DS makes it so she just won't display as nicely and I am very much a stickler for my collections looking as nice as possible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2012, 10:11:49 AM »
The only 'flaw' that bothers me is missing limbs; like legs or head.  Any other flaw I can tolerate!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2012, 11:30:11 AM »
It depends :) I don't mind light play wear or initials under their hooves - if anything it makes me like them more, thinking about how those ponies had a life before they retired into my collection, being played with by someone! It always makes me wonder what personalities she/he gave them and what adventures they'd been on :)

However, I don't like large problems like haircuts or large body marks or massive eye rubs. It just spoils the pony for me. Same goes for ponies with cancer spots and mold, although I do have a few which I won't get rid of, but they're in a different storage :)

APPLBL00M

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »
I'm extremely picky because I only collect new G4 ponies right now. Any imperfection bugs me for a while but I usually get over it, especially if there's nothing I can do about it. I don't have many ponies with noticeable imperfections. The ones that stand out are a Flitterheart that has one leg slightly shorter than the others, a FS Luna with a bit of frizzy hair, and a FS Twilight with scuff marks from being in a suitcase. I may be able to remove the scuff marks but I don't think there's much I can do about the other ponies.

Terra.Dactyl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »
I really can't deal with imperfections very well and it kinda sucks some times! If a pony has a spot I'll notice it and tell myself to not let it bother me but usually I just can't help it! I'll chant in my head that it's not a big deal until I somewhat convince myself XD I think I'm getting a tad bit better but I am a huge perfectionist when it comes to my ponies and especially my dolls!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2012, 10:27:30 PM »
I don't mind imperfections on G1s too much if they're not bad (however I don't like hair cuts!) G1s are 25-30 years old so finding a mint loose one is a bit hard XD Not impossible, but hard ;) I used to be a fanatic about an absolute mint G3. If it wasn't mint, I didn't want it in my herd. All the poor ponies that needed a loving home that I turned down though *sniffles* :( Now I don't mind as much. I almost got rid of Golden Delicious because she wasn't a "bright white" like my other white G3s, but then I figured I was just being silly. She's still gorgeous! So now I'm more accepting of flaws like neck glue, dingy colors, stray marks, and a small rub here and there :) All ponies need love :lovey: I wish I hadn't sold my ponies with very minor flaws, I miss them!
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal