TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Question for ebay sellers - fishy behavior

(1/3) > >>

Evening_Moonstone:
Weird situation here, and wanting some input from experienced sellers.

Someone buys an item and pays with Paypal.  And tells me to ship the item somewhere else than the address shown on Paypal.  The name is different from the Paypal account name as well.  The buyer seems unwilling to give me their last name, and I only get it with some prodding.

Also, this user is a new ebayer.  Only 1 feedback.

This whole thing seems fishy to me.  Am I being overly cautious, or does this seem odd to anyone else as well?  What should I do?

shelti:
If you don't ship to the pay pal address shown for payment
You will not have the Seller coverage if something goes wrong and it never shows up.  If the buyer is not communicating with you then there is something going on.

Might be you will need to cancel the ebay sale and ask for your fees back on the basis that your buyer is asking you to do something not above board

01mlplover:
Since they are new i wouldnt do it. You are only protected when you ship to the address given by paypal/ebay. Or thats what i beleive anyways. Its so easy to change an address on ebay that if they want it sent somewhere else they should just change it on there.

Ive had a buyer ask me to send to a different address before but they had alot of feedback and the same name. It wasnt to far off. If you do decide to send it to the different address id make sure to get delivery confirmation on it.

Moondancer115:
Mmmmm difficult!
To me it sounds a bid weird. It could be a present or something but than he/she just could tell that in stead off doing just weird. I think i wouldn't trust it and cancel. You don't have a feet to stand on if something goes wrong and you send it to a different adres.

Stormy31685:
Shelti is dead-on.  You won't be protected.  If the item is worth more than $10, then I would politely ask the buyer to maybe resend the payment with the correct address.  If not, then it is up to you whether or not you wish to risk it. 

It can be sketchy for buyers, too, and you never know a person's reason for wishing to hide.  It might be that the buyer doesn't want anyone else to know about their obsession with MLP (or whatever he/she is buying), and not having a last name on the package gives him or her an "out" in case someone else picks the parcel up.

Ultimately, I would go by the price of the item, and if you are comfortable losing that amount of money, then go ahead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version