collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Strange things pets do  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
Re: Strange things pets do
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2012, 02:37:34 AM »
Gizmo will pee like a girl too!  But he has bad knees so it might just be easier for him.  He will cock his leg to scent mark though.
Amber likes to rear up when she wants to be picked up, particularly when getting into the car, she'll stand just like a rearing so soft and wait to be picked up.

When I was working at a pet shop there was this lovely little guinea pig who'd sit in you hand and let you rub her nose, then she's "purr" and gently bite your hand, I don't really mean bite, it was more of a grooming back :)

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012, 03:13:46 AM »
my cat likes to get in this postion......
and then touch himself.
Hahahahahaha!  Pet masturbation! You should film it. Youtube it. ^^

My cat steals fruit from other people's houses and brings it in instead of birds or rats :D
epic win ^^ Back when I had cats that went outdoors they'd always bring me live food into my bedroom so that I could "entertain myself" hunting down for hours.. >.<

My cats do alot of silly stuff.
Xeraphina will sniff out ANY hairband and play with it and later on steal it and hide it. I have a small apartment and I still haven't found her stash.
Wiki will scream at nothing..always. She's extremely whiny and when she gets in heat I can't stand being around more than two days :P

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:15:22 AM by TornadoLovesMelody »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2012, 09:18:19 AM »
My cat is scared to death of the sound of plastic bags. If you shake one near her, she'll take off running. However, she has been known to turn around and play with them even though they still rattle while she plays with them (fortunately this doesn't happen much. I don't like the rattle of plastic bags myself).

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »
I could write a book about the stupid things my cats do. 

Jupiter chases her tail. 
If Slick gets upset he barfs.  He also gets in the bath with me.
Fuzzy gets lost going down the hall.  He won't come if you call him but will come if you call any of the others. 
Ember snarls while eating.  She also likes to chew tape.
Flora wags her tail-nub like a dog.
Stevie puts her toys in the food dish and drowns them in the water bowl. 

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 09:25:51 AM »
My cats both enjoy getting in the bathtub and shower with me.

They also do this thing where they lick each others' butts while they're walking. We call it the cat centipede.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
Awwww cute!  My cat liked to eat onions and raw potatoes.  And when she wanted to be picked up, she'd stand in front of you and rear up on her hind legs, raising her front legs, like a toddler.  XD
Onions are actually toxic to cats, so I proobbaaably wouldn't let her do that any more.  I love it when they rear up like little meerkats! So silly!

Sam does a lot of weird things. If you walk out of the bathroom or either bedroom and he sees you he will get all puffy then attack you.

He goes INSANE for beef jerky, if he even sees me touch the bag he will whine and cry and be all over me until he gets some. He's also picky about where he gets his water, his favorite places to drink are from my cup and the faucet, but he doesn't really understand the faucet and always ends up getting himself soaking wet.

If he hears me pull back the shower current he will run into the bathroom and demand face kisses until he is satisfied  :P

His favorite thing ever to play with is tissue paper, and he will hold it like a squirrel in his front paws and rip it to shreds.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 03:13:39 PM »
We call it the cat centipede.

+1  :D

EDIT - Just remembered another thing Slick does.  Ember has a thing about water - she can't see any of the other cats drinking out of their bowl because then the water is contaminated or something and she'll refuse to drink it.  Same goes for if Stevie puts her toys in it and Ember sees it.  So Slick, being the jerk he is, waits til Em goes for a drink and then he gets a bite of food and drops it in the water bowl, just to see her get mad.  And if I scold him he just prances because, really, what am I going to do to him? 

Slick also thinks he's a ladies' man and when we got Jupiter he excitedly brought her his favorite toy, expecting her to love him and play with him (as all the ladies do, naturally).  He was so upset when she hissed and popped him between the ears he vomited all over the bathroom. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:20:00 PM by Skeen »

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 03:56:25 PM »
Adding to what I mentioned about Gary's weird food habits, it just came to me that he eats everything I bake. And I mean everything.

Scones, cake, biscuits.. he'll eat it, no matter what it has in it. If mom bakes it or it's from a shop, he's seriously not interested. But when I'm cooking he usually hangs around, and after it's done he has to be the first one to taste the goodies. XD
Fight like a girl..

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
Zeph & Ducky: Those are adorable pics! Your kitty looks like he has it made. Haha I think my dog would be too afraid to sleep on top of his cage.

MLP: What a lovely dog you have there. I completely understand my dogs freak if they hear the cabinet doors open. Speaking of animals off the track my old barrel horse was used for that before I got him.

Prince: That is super strange, but then again fruit is tasty. My sister babysat my dogs one time, and when I came back the two started following me around when I ate watermelon. She had fed them a lot of watermelon.

Bright: Haha your cat and my dog would have an interesting time. He wants all food items, and he actually attempts to climb into the oven when my wife cleans. ;---;

Eeee so many I don't think I can reply to them all. I can say today my dog was super strange. HE still has to wear a cone and he was running across the house rubbing his head against the floor. He ran the whole length of the living room with his cone against the carpet.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ShannonInPonyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 11:37:18 PM »
My Italian Greyhound, Skyler, has a lot of strange habits I've noticed but I think it's mainly due to his funny personality.
He does this thing where he'll climb onto your lap and put one front leg on either side of your neck and give you a hug lol He just sits there and lays his head a certain way because he wants kisses on his neck  :lol:
He also does this weird thing when he goes swimming and is in shallow water, he tries to stand on his back legs and walk through it so he doesn't get as wet  :lol:
Also, every time he wakes up in the morning he rolls around on his back for a while and nibbles at his nails. It's so cute but really weird at the same time  :lol:

He likes to sleep a certain way at night next to me too and it's pretty much been like that ever since the first day I got him lol

Offline babyblueducky

• That's Quacktastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • That's quack-tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 11:41:05 PM »
my cat is scared of plastic bags. he doesnt like the sound they make, but i will catch sleep next to a bag or on a bag. if its a filled bag its like a pillow for him. weirdo.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 11:56:01 PM »
My dog likes her butt scratched.  Well, more like her lower back, right before the tail.  When Mom scratches it, she'll hold her head a certain way and have her ears pinned back.  If the scratching stops, she'll make these adorable whining noises. :3

My cat, on the other hand, is a total nutcase so she does a lot more.  If you pet her too much, she'll bite you but still rub against you and expose her belly to you.  She darts from room to room for no reason.  She won't play with cat toys, but she will play with hair ties, table legs, and ponies that are lying around (annoying as hell when working on a custom).  She gets extremely vocal and clingy at night, and her voice is really high-pitched and adorable.

Offline StarDragon

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony mommy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2012, 01:10:21 AM »
My cat does random flips in the air  :blink: This morning he did a back flip in the hallway over a piece of string. Halfway through it, he bounced off the wall.... I honestly have never thought something that agile and gravity-resistant could exist in a package so small
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 01:12:27 AM by StarDragon »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2012, 08:22:56 AM »
My dog, Patch (border collie rough collie mix) loves to run around and play with us...he does the collie grin a lot, but most especially when he knows he's in trouble.  He'l come sit by whoever is getting onto him, and will just grin up at them...sometimes he looks up so much he'll tip himself over backwards.  It's hilarious! 

He also liked to play, but he'll bounce around and run like a little cutting horse.  He's such a sweet baby...when he was barely 6 weeks old, he was so fat that if he fell over to one side or the other, he'd roll for a while. 

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 09:17:37 AM »
These stories are so cute!  ^.^
My late guinea-pig used to love watching Titanic. She'd sit on my knee, eyes glued to the screen, chortling happily as everyone fell into the ocean & died.  Morbid girl. xD
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal