collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which pony deserved to be the grail from their set?  (Read 474 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Which pony deserved to be the grail from their set?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2022, 04:01:52 AM »
Cascade is hardly ever talked about but I think she's one of the most gorgeous ponies ever made  :lovey:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline GreyBlossom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2022, 05:54:24 AM »
Tickle and Merriweather for me. Both easy to find, but I love their colors and designs. Peppermint crunch has great 80s colors too, and is a really underrated pony.

Offline SilverLinedStars

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 11:13:43 AM »
I always loved Peach Blossom for the Flutter Ponies. And I also think for So Soft's that Skippety Do and Twist were underrated!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2022, 12:57:28 PM »
Merriweather and Bonnie Bonnets for TAF!  Magic Hat for MM.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Squirtsquirt

• Trade Count: (+235)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2022, 04:08:30 PM »
I don't know, that is such a hard question!  Thinking back on my pony collecting days, I definitely wanted certain ponies more than others, more because I liked their colors or symbols, not really for any other reason.  I think that's why people find the "grail" of the set, it's the one they really want to get. 

I'm not sure why Mimic became a grail, honestly.  I still remember getting her as a kid, my friend bought her for me for a birthday present.  I really don't know if I'd have picked her out on my own, and I'm sure I saw her and decided on another pony for that purchasing trip.

I know I have sought out sets when I was in the height of my collecting days, but I don't remember wanting one specific pony from the set.  It was kinda like once I got the full set, they all complemented each other and I wanted them all together or none of them.  I know, I'm weird! 

Grails for me were the uniques, like most people, especially Rapunzel.  I found out later that my friend's mom had ordered her for the two of us, but they had run out and we got Goldilocks instead. :(
Thanks to Whippetluv for my awsome persona pony!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2022, 10:04:00 AM »
Cascade is hardly ever talked about but I think she's one of the most gorgeous ponies ever made  :lovey:

She is so gorgeous
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Owlbeast

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2022, 12:55:05 PM »
i'll second bright eyes instead of mimic! she's so unique, i love how her colors look together. though i suppose she's increasingly sought-after these days, as well.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2022, 06:18:45 AM »
I had always thought Sea Flower and Crumpet to be already the grails from their respective sets. Maybe Crumpet alongside Twilight, given how hard it is to find one in good shape.

Sea Flower, like Shoreline, had a more limited global release than the other four, so that makes her more expensive. She wasn't part of our set here.

I would rather say Sand Digger should be the grail from that set, but I don't know...I've heard some people talk like she already is.

I like both Bright Eyes and Mimic. They're both beautiful ponies. The main difference between them for me is that I was able to get BE MOC, whereas thanks to the stupidity of people back in the collector past, the chance of anyone getting a reasonably priced MOC Mimic is impossible. Mimic isn't a naturally occurring grail, she's been artificially overhyped by 2 decades+ of collector behaviour, so I don't really ever see her as different from the other TEs in the set not sold in the UK.

All that said, she's one of my favourite TE ponies. But the way collectors have messed with her value frustrates me. I regret not ever being able to have a conversation about her just as a pretty pony, without someone seeing her as a status symbol or complaining about her price. :(

I also think Tic Tac Toe is a beautiful TE pony. TEs are one of my favourite sets, and I can pick a number of them out, but I really do love how TTT is put together. All the colours, down to the eye colour.

Going back to the main topic.

Tropical Breeze is best flutter :)

Strawberry Fair will always be my top TAF/Party Pony. I do love Dancing Butterflies as well, but nope, I think Strawberry Fair can even take on Night Glider in my mind's eye (acknowledging those are two sets of course :D)

If Princess Pearl isn't, she should be.

I also feel a bit put out about the Windy Wings, since Cool Breeze was my favourite WW pony from when I was just a kid, along with Starry Wings. And now as an adult, those two are the ones most people consider sought after....so it looks like I'm just jumping on the bandwagon, when in fact I always really wanted both of them!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 06:22:51 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2022, 01:53:51 PM »
TAF buttons such a fun design and does not get enough love.  :lovey:  I also had the hardest time finding/ getting them, they escaped from me for three different auctions. I finally got them on the fourth try, in a random lot.

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2022, 12:47:12 AM »
I agree with so many of these merriweather, sunbeam, beach ball and cloud dreamer all certainly get my vote as underrated but my favorite from the set. I also  really like swirly whirled but dont know how popular she really is and parasol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal