collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Halloween swap time! COMPLETED  (Read 38695 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween swap time! Get creative and post post post!!!
« Reply #420 on: August 20, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »
I am branching into new (for me) feilds of custom ponies! I just removed a leg and replaced it with another so the pose is how I want it to be. :O Now I need to wait for the preliminary glue to dry so I can put clay around the gap. This is making me glad pony hooves already have magnets in them - I didn't have the leg falling over while I positioned it. Cheating, I know, but I'll take what I can get. ^.^

I did something similar recently and I ended up having to strip her fbr with a very light mix of acetone.  Mistake... really damaged the adhesiveness of the glue.  I had to remove the whole piece and start over because even the small bit ate through the glue like termites through wood.  I don't know if it was the glue I used or what but just a cautionary tale.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #421 on: August 20, 2012, 01:41:52 PM »
I want to start sculpting but I have to wait 'til next week, going to visit my parents for a few days. But at least I can get something I need for the custom, a piece of a Halloween decoration they have. It's a key element in my design!  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline TwilightWhispers

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • ~.:*sparkles*:.~
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 20, 2012, 02:54:52 PM »
Prepped my bait & started a teeny tiny part of sculpting.......  ^.^
It took me a while but now I think I have a concept idea to work with =}

For the questions:
~ five favourite horror or halloween movies:
   Not really horror movies but I do like Tim Burton's films a lot... like
   Sweeney Todd, Sleepy Hollow, Beetlejuice, Nightmare Before
   Christmas etc.
~ favourite monster:
   Vampires, hmmm... & dragons

Thank you Moonbreeze, for my wonderful sig & shenanigans for my cute avi!

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 20, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »
I am branching into new (for me) feilds of custom ponies! I just removed a leg and replaced it with another so the pose is how I want it to be. :O Now I need to wait for the preliminary glue to dry so I can put clay around the gap. This is making me glad pony hooves already have magnets in them - I didn't have the leg falling over while I positioned it. Cheating, I know, but I'll take what I can get. ^.^

I did something similar recently and I ended up having to strip her fbr with a very light mix of acetone.  Mistake... really damaged the adhesiveness of the glue.  I had to remove the whole piece and start over because even the small bit ate through the glue like termites through wood.  I don't know if it was the glue I used or what but just a cautionary tale.

No worries - I went over the join with apoxie sculpt. There were some horrible gaps in some places, so I would have had to anyway. ^.^ The doen side - does apoxie sculpt expire? The one half was fine, the other had this orange-y, funky film over it. Looked like a thin layer of burnt caramel was spread over the top, so I peeled the sides down and used some stuff from underneath it. O_o
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2012, 07:46:19 PM »
i actully rain out of black whilst painting need to get some more

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #425 on: August 20, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »
The doen side - does apoxie sculpt expire? The one half was fine, the other had this orange-y, funky film over it. Looked like a thin layer of burnt caramel was spread over the top, so I peeled the sides down and used some stuff from underneath it. O_o

I think it does expire... my current batch seemed to be old even when I got it, it cures much faster than my previous batch and has some of that yellowish colour, too. It still works so I've been using it but I'm really looking forward to finishing it off and getting a fresh batch...

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
« Reply #426 on: August 21, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »
Well I've decided to make everything unnecessarily complicated it seems.  But I do think the effect will turn out well when it's all done.  I'm fairly excited to see if I can pull the sculpting off that I want to see on this custom.

One thing I really wish I had.... a jig saw.
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 21, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »
Ah, the quandary. Do I put the tail in now and paint around it when the sculpting is done, or so I sculpt the wings, paint a bit, add the tail, and then finish sculpting? Hmmm...

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #428 on: August 21, 2012, 12:58:23 PM »
started sculpting some wicked cool cape/wing things :)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline WaePonies

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 21, 2012, 01:19:11 PM »
started sculpting some wicked cool cape/wing things :)

^^ This sounds very very interesting xD cant wait to see what that looks like  xD

Just about to start painting detail ^.^

xoxo

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 21, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »
Ah, the quandary. Do I put the tail in now and paint around it when the sculpting is done, or so I sculpt the wings, paint a bit, add the tail, and then finish sculpting? Hmmm...

That depends on how you plan on getting the tail in there. I have found that depending on the level of sculpting added to a pony and the parts of the body that it's added too, getting the head on can damage the sculpting, and then parts of the sculpting have to be redone.

But if the sculpting is light and won't be bothered by trying to get the tail in and out, or the head off and on, then it's fine either way.
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #431 on: August 21, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »
does apoxie sculpt expire? The one half was fine, the other had this orange-y, funky film over it. Looked like a thin layer of burnt caramel was spread over the top, so I peeled the sides down and used some stuff from underneath it. O_o

It has a shelf life of three years but my last tub did the same thing when there was about ⅓ left. I think it's contamination from Part A (the orange stuff was in Part B, right?) that forms a crust. Or something like that. I had used mine anyway and didn't have any problems, it did seem to set faster though.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Kazzellin

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 21, 2012, 08:03:37 PM »

That depends on how you plan on getting the tail in there. I have found that depending on the level of sculpting added to a pony and the parts of the body that it's added too, getting the head on can damage the sculpting, and then parts of the sculpting have to be redone.

But if the sculpting is light and won't be bothered by trying to get the tail in and out, or the head off and on, then it's fine either way.

The head on-off won't be aproblem, since there's no neck ring to speak about; the scultping is going to go all the way up to the forehead, so I definitely have to put the tail in before I get that far. (Now watch me have a brain toot and forget. XD )
does apoxie sculpt expire? The one half was fine, the other had this orange-y, funky film over it. Looked like a thin layer of burnt caramel was spread over the top, so I peeled the sides down and used some stuff from underneath it. O_o

It has a shelf life of three years but my last tub did the same thing when there was about ⅓ left. I think it's contamination from Part A (the orange stuff was in Part B, right?) that forms a crust. Or something like that. I had used mine anyway and didn't have any problems, it did seem to set faster though.
I didn't notice any shorter work time, but then, I didn't use much. So long as the orangey-part is safe to use, I'll probably use it anyway. Thanks, BlackCurtains! ^__^

Offline sunnydaze

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2012, 12:11:43 AM »
sorry guys I'm here but I'm the dummy who had one job when I started organizing this thing and now have three but I just quit one of them...I just can't do three...it's not possible without losing track of which day it is or when/where I have to work....I was only getting like 4-5 hrs of sleep it was really weird....so in two weeks i will only have two jobs...that I can handle....PHEW!

To see my customs and art click my deviantart gallery

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2012, 12:31:57 AM »
sorry guys I'm here but I'm the dummy who had one job when I started organizing this thing and now have three but I just quit one of them...I just can't do three...it's not possible without losing track of which day it is or when/where I have to work....I was only getting like 4-5 hrs of sleep it was really weird....so in two weeks i will only have two jobs...that I can handle....PHEW!

Welcome back to the land of the living! My husband and I have done that before. Been working so many jobs and hours that we were only getting 4-5 hours of sleep. I'm glad things are getting better for you and you 'll be getting more sleep from now on.   It's better for your health if you can get 6-8 hours a night.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal