collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Halloween swap time! COMPLETED  (Read 38683 times)

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lady-moondancer.livejournal.com/
Re: Halloween swap time! Partners, partners!! Partners soon...!!!
« Reply #255 on: August 09, 2012, 08:07:34 PM »
Yay! I am excited about my partner... I don't know where to start?

I am there with you.  So many different options to choose from. Shall we start flushing out our preferences with some questions?
First of all who is dressing up for Halloween and what are you going to be?

We haven't exactly decided yet.  I am due on Oct 31st so I am thinking I might get one of those shirt costumes for preggos that make your tummy look like a pumpkin.  Or I might just put myself in a box and get a shirt with a cinnamon roll on it. Get it... bun... in the oven?  Anyway I am not 100% but nothing scary this year my 2 year old isn't down with the scary.

I'm dressing up in my tradition "Dark Princess" costume again. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So sorry for the delay!!!!

Ok so there we have it 12 pm's sent out...I sadly just ran outta time to finish this morning before heading to work...

And i know some partners left their forms purposely very vague and open so their partner can really have free reign but some times it's helpful to have a starting point in regards to favourite themes or colours...so please if you think you didn't mention a few favourite colours or that say you love skeletons more than pumpkins plese use the thread to help your partner find a few hints about what you really love! Please post!

Me i love purple and green and black and I love glitter but not excessive glitter!  I also love glow in the dark and thermal change colour stuff!

I love peacock colors.  I love jewel tones. I love G1 Princess Ponies and TE Ponies. And MGR Ponies.

I prefer monstrous animals, over monstrous people. I do love sexy Halloween witches though too.

I do not like gore. Or Zombies. In fact the only Zombies I want near me are the ones made by Diana Arcuri.  I don't know how she does it, but somehow hers are both beyond terrifying AND cute. I mean adorable. I still love Coffee and Brains.  I was so sad I didn't win that raffle. But I know it went to a good home.  But I digress.... 

I love Crypto Zoology.

Dragons
Unicorns
Pegasai
Mantacore
Chimera
Griffins

etc.

I love snakes, but not as ponies.

I love Ancient Egypt.  I think Nekhbet and Isis are awesome.

I love Vultures.   Call me crazy, but I think they are gorgeous.  Also condors. Gotta show love for the Andean Candor.

As far as Halloween Customs, I currently have ponies dressed in Costume.  (so cute).  So many areas of Halloween custom are still open in my collection, in that regard.

To give you some inspiration of what I like-

I love this witch. I don't like her hat though. I would prefere more of a wicked witch of the west hat.

I love the idea of combining steam punk and halloween.

Mostly I want my partner to have fun and feel challenged to do their best!  That's what I like most about swaps. It really challenges me to step up my game and try things I wouldn't normally try.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:31:20 PM by NichiTsukinoko »
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Thank you Reiya! Thanks to SDS!
Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »

I am there with you.  So many different options to choose from. Shall we start flushing out our preferences with some questions?

We haven't exactly decided yet.  I am due on Oct 31st so I am thinking I might get one of those shirt costumes for preggos that make your tummy look like a pumpkin.  Or I might just put myself in a box and get a shirt with a cinnamon roll on it. Get it... bun... in the oven?  Anyway I am not 100% but nothing scary this year my 2 year old isn't down with the scary.

Ok so there we have it 12 pm's sent out...I sadly just ran outta time to finish this morning before heading to work...

And i know some partners left their forms purposely very vague and open so their partner can really have free reign but some times it's helpful to have a starting point in regards to favourite themes or colours...so please if you think you didn't mention a few favourite colours or that say you love skeletons more than pumpkins plese use the thread to help your partner find a few hints about what you really love! Please post!

Me i love purple and green and black and I love glitter but not excessive glitter!  I also love glow in the dark and thermal change colour stuff!

I love peacock colors.  I love jewel tones. I love G1 Princess Ponies and TE Ponies. And MGR Ponies.

I prefer monstrous animals, over monstrous people. I do love sexy Halloween witches though too.

I do not like gore. Or Zombies. In fact the only Zombies I want near me are the ones made by Diana Arcuri.  I don't know how she does it, but somehow hers are both beyond terrifying AND cute. I mean adorable. I still love Coffee and Brains.  I was so sad I didn't win that raffle. But I know it went to a good home.  But I digress.... 

I love Crypto Zoology.

Dragons
Unicorns
Pegasai
Mantacore
Chimera
Griffins

etc.

I love Vultures.   Call me crazy, but I think they are gorgeous.  Also condors. Gotta show love for the Andean Candor.

As far as Halloween Customs, I currently have ponies dressed in Costume.  (so cute).  So many areas of Halloween custom are still open in my collection, in that regard.
are we twins  :blink: i love snakes vultures Ancient Egypt Halloween witches monsters and Cryptozooalig

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2012, 08:33:12 PM »

I love Crypto Zoology.

Dragons
Unicorns
Pegasai
Mantacore
Chimera
Griffins

etc.

are we twins  :blink: i love snakes vultures Ancient Egypt Halloween witches monsters and Cryptozooalig

Awesome!  High five!
Music is a revelation; a revelation loftier than all wisdom and all philosophy. ~Ludwig Von Beethoven

Etsy Store: NichiTsukinoko Customs : www.etsy.com/shop/NichiTsukinoko  10% off with coupon code MOVING till Nov 9, 2015

Offline SoldierofTwilight

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Eyup!
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
Lol, I love that pic of the steam punk incorporated into Halloween. Too cute!

You're so perdy Nichi. I love that dress!

Customs l Twilight Soldier l Twilight Innocence l Fayte l Clicks?
Currently working on: Nuffins D:

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2012, 09:49:14 PM »
Partner help me out here! I need some ideas....
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline blackestbird

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:50 PM »
Partner help me out here! I need some ideas....

:like: Maybe my partner's posted, maybe not, don't wanna give anything away, but I've noticed we've pretty much got the same group of people who has been posting regularly. I'm sure more input all around would help everyone ^__^ :heart:

Those cookies RedLynx mentioned, the ones with pumpkin filling...YUM-MAZING! I should add, I'm not a big fan of hard candies either. I'm pretty open to any sweets, but hard candies aren't really my favorite, i.e. Jolly Ranchers - I hate regular Jolly Ranchers actually. I'm more of a chewy candy or chocolate/caramel kinda person.
sig image coming back soon, oops!
:heart: Thank you Nence for my beautiful av; pinkfrappuccino for my adorable sig :heart:
Lyrical Echo Ref  Pony Blog [under construction;relocating]  Commissions: CLOSED for the holidays

Offline NichiTsukinoko

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2012, 01:21:33 AM »
Lol, I love that pic of the steam punk incorporated into Halloween. Too cute!

You're so perdy Nichi. I love that dress!
:redface: :blush:
Awe thanks!

Also- I should point out that I do not want a Wicked Witch of the West/Elphaba Custom.  Unless you can find something different that the Green/Black color scheme. I love that character. In both Wizard of Oz and Wicked. Love her.  But that color scheme is sooooo boring! I would love to see a new take on her. Or even Ruby/Silver Slippers personified.  But please not a green and black pony!

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2012, 02:09:09 AM »
Oh treats :) I love black licorice and I would love to try candy corn if they sell it where my partner lives:) we dont get much in the way of halloween sweets/treats here in the uk so im up for trying anything I just dont like dark chocolate x
As for favorite pont pose-Its totally up to you partner :) x
As I have said I love tradition halloween themes,witches,bats,haunted houses but I also love old horror movies like frankienstien and dracula x x I dont mind glitter but only in small amounts x

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2012, 02:11:48 AM »
I really am hoping for a creepy pony!! So partner feel free to go all out gore, clowns, zombies, creepy little pets!!!

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2012, 05:23:16 AM »
Poses....my all time favorite G1 is the shy unicorn, like Gypsy.  I love Dancing Butterfly's pose, Powder's pose...most of them are great.  I'm not fond of the collector's pose.  G2...hrm...not fond of any.  G3 I like most of them!   Especially like the sassy and turned head looks like hrm...Bumblesweet and Parasol, think.  G4...I guess I like all feet planted better.  Really, whatever fits the design is great!

Dear partner...how do you feel about hair?  Are you hoping for long, flowing locks....or would other alternatives be.  fine?  :) As for me, I noted before that I live long hair and mohawks with long "bangs" and such.  I have a bait like that and she looks so sassy, it's great!  Can't bring myself to actually prep her.

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2012, 05:37:34 AM »
I didn't list much in my sign-up form, and I am sorry about that! Bats would be my favorite theme for a Halloween pony, but I also love black cats, ghosts, pumpkins, candy corn and witches. I like red, green/purple, and orange/black. My favorite colors, in general, are pink, blue and yellow, but I'm not really sure how those could tie into a Halloween pony. XD

I love all generations of ponies! Even G3.5. My favorite type of pony is pegasi, but I don't mind Earth ponies and unicorns! I don't have a preference for pose.

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline WaePonies

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2012, 06:56:35 AM »
I hope I'd said enough in mine <3 I left it quite open ^.^ so any questions I'm happy to answer if help is needed by my partner^.^

xoxo

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »
Pretty sure I covered most everything in my form. My favorite color is purple. I love candy corn and peanut butter kisses (that PB taffy in the orange and black wax wrappers). Candy corn Hershey's Kisses are awesome, and I couldn't find them anywhere last year.

I know I didn't include this in my form, but I sometimes enjoying going to old cemeteries to look at the dates on the headstones. Maybe that's morbid, but it interests me.

I DO NOT LIKE CLOWNS. I don't much care for zombies (other than Ghoulia Yelps, of course :P).

I freaking LOVE glitter - go nuts with it. Tastefully. Sunny was my partner two years ago and sent me some awesome glow-in-the-dark glitter.

Poses... I'll just tell which I don't like. Then any other is fair game.
G1: Not a fan of the Cherries Jubilee, Buttons, Cupcake, or Princess Royal Blue.
G3: Minty, Sparkleworks, Rainbow Dash, Shelle Belle, Rhapsody Ribbons, or Sunrise.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2012, 09:02:17 AM »
I am probably going to be a horrible partner as I really don't get an opportunity to keep up with threads as much as I used to. I tried to put a lot of stuff into my form, including a pinterest board that hopefully shows my taste well.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2012, 09:33:24 AM »
My partner didn't put too much in their form so I do hope they make their way around.  I have like 1000 ideas but I am worried I'll pick something they don't like since the prefs were a little general.

Let me try to keep up on the thread questions.  As far as poses I don't have any G2 ponies, but I don't really love or hate them I'm just indifferent:
Dislike: Most of the pudgy G1 adults so like cotton candy pose, G1 baby bbe (I don't mind the pose I just dislike the bbe).
Like: G1 babies, Most of the slender adult G1 poses like applejack, G1 sea ponies, Mostly all G3 poses, mostly all G4 poses.

I think that's all I see for now.  I like high contrast colors.  So red/black, white/black, hot pink/black, torquise/brown.  Just not pastels. :)

Hair: I am fine with dollyhair, alternatives like perfume puff/feathers/wires/etc, sculpted.  Really I am not picky about hair.  Generally speaking I like shorter/mid length hair.  If possible I'd like the pony to be able to stand on it's own for display purposes.  So if sculpted hair it needs to be well balanced.  Does that make sense?  I'm ok with bases but I'd rather they be decorative and not load bearing so the pony can be without the base if need be.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:36:19 AM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal