collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: *sighs* I feel.. defeated  (Read 3858 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
*sighs* I feel.. defeated
« on: April 05, 2012, 09:15:50 PM »
Well found out something... My poor Baby Moondancer... I put her in the back window of my car to try and fade more of the yellowing left from the cancer marks that faded after the peroxide-sunfading treatment... and well... normal sun fading seemed to have made it worse :| It could have just been my sunglasses but I highly doubt that... Good thing I didn't go to rehair her... I needed to see if the ugly marks would show up after letting her rest out of the bath... I can't show photos now because well... she is still out in my car and it's night time here and everyone is pretty much asleep.. so I guess I'll pull her out tomorrow and get a better look...

I really hope I don't have to give her a FBR... I'd hate to have to do that..

Post Merge: April 05, 2012, 09:46:35 PM

And I just realized I put this in the wrong place, can a mod move this over to the corral? XD

[moving to corral. ;)  pop-girl]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:53:59 AM by pop-girl »
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: *sighs* I feel.. defeated
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:51:27 AM »
May I ask how you are going about the sunfading?  The problem sometimes happens when people don't cover the rest of the pony.  So although the bad places do get lighter the rest of the pony also sunfades so that you have the same general contrast.  The same things happen with teeth. People with white bands on their teeth from de-mineralization get them whitened thinking that it will look more even.  But the whole tooth is lightened, so you have a whiter base and a whiter line of de-mineralization.  The end result... the tooth looks the same just lighter.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline relcelestia

• Trade Count: (+107)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Argie Obsessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:14:49 AM »
sunfading is ineffective on cancer.... :/
not sure about it making it worse tho.. maybe the peroxide/sun combo has something to do with it??
HEY [you]! Sell me your Argies! :dribble: Wishlist
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to see my 125 Argies!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:25:10 AM »
I have seen people claim that sunfading works on cancer...I will admit to remaining largely sceptical on that...it would be like trying to fade regrind  :wacko:  as they are both a change in the plastic not a surface mark...but hey anything is worth a shot

Is there any chance that she has suffered from the same "tanning" that seems to torment some other white ponies when they are popped out in the sun, a la Starshine?

In the meantime  :hug: and I hope you ll find you love her anyway and add her to your herd or find her another home...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 08:37:02 AM »
sunfading is ineffective on cancer.... :/
not sure about it making it worse tho.. maybe the peroxide/sun combo has something to do with it??
I thought the same thing and while sun fading along seemed to not really do anything, I did find fading her with the peroxide seemed to help in clearing it up... or masking it some how (don't see how)

This was here when I got her:

Then this is with the peroxide-sun fading weeks/months later:
-Round one photo-

-Round two photo-

Now I have her out of the car and looking at her better... I think she might actually have sun burn because it's worse on one side and not the other:

So I'll probably have to do another month's worth of Peroxide-sun fading to get her to about the round two photo again but yeah... she's currently defeating me x.x

she actually looks worse irl than the photos  :huh:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:40:42 AM by sd_dreamcrystal »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 08:49:01 AM »
I still think unfortunately that sun fading doesnt "cure" or fade the cancer....look at her display side neckline in the original picture the long brown marks on either side seem to have disappeared by your round 2 [where she looks amazing by the way!] but then with her new sun burn the same shadow in the same place is back

If it was that the cancer had been faded and then she burned under the sun, why would the marks come back in the exact same place?

So sorry to be the sceptic but I just wonder how we can fix a breakdown in the plastic with just the sun and peroxide...
Loa is my love god!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 09:28:57 AM »
I still think unfortunately that sun fading doesnt "cure" or fade the cancer....look at her display side neckline in the original picture the long brown marks on either side seem to have disappeared by your round 2 [where she looks amazing by the way!] but then with her new sun burn the same shadow in the same place is back

If it was that the cancer had been faded and then she burned under the sun, why would the marks come back in the exact same place?

So sorry to be the sceptic but I just wonder how we can fix a breakdown in the plastic with just the sun and peroxide...
Well I know it's not a fix, it just lessened the look of it XD I expected to come back after a while. I don't know how the burn made it show up worse but it seemed to have done that. I believe the cancer was still there no matter what but the burn just made it more prominent of that fact? orz she's just been one of those ponies I wanted to make at least decent then I had to go and burn her :|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 09:53:19 AM »
She looks bettr than she did.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
So maybe if you start again - you ll get her back to where she was at round 2....!! Thats a pain that you have to go back to the start...but hopefully she ll be just as cute second time around
Loa is my love god!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 11:40:24 AM »
So maybe if you start again - you ll get her back to where she was at round 2....!! Thats a pain that you have to go back to the start...but hopefully she ll be just as cute second time around
That's the plan, though the only place I can do the peroxide-fading is in my car and it only gets sun in the mornings as long as it's not moved. Anything is better than before :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »
Good luck!!! You ll need to show her all shiny and new again in the future...
Loa is my love god!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »
I couldn't say why, but the peroxide/sun treatments do seem to help with cancer.  I haven't done it myself enough to absolutely swear by it, there may be negative side effects that we haven't found yet, and it certainly isn't a cure, but it does seem to have potential.  The ponies I've used it on did't lose their spots completely, but sure looked a lot better. The spots seem to darken a bit after the pony is removed from the peroxide.

I talk about Tickles here:   [size=78%]http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/mycollection2.html[/size]    You'll have to scroll down some.  Sorry, the photos aren't very good.

I call her spots mold on the site because they had dark spots in the middle, but it could be cancer, kind of hard to tell the difference.  Her spots are definitely there but she looks much better than before and there are no dark spots in the centers of the blotches.

Confetti's body has yellowed up some but the brown blotches on him are still mostly gone.  I don't think he had cancer as much as some kind of stain.

I  don't know if that will help with your pony.  Even though her spots darkened up some she looks much better than at first.  Let me know how it goes, I'd like some more info on how this method works for people.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »
I couldn't say why, but the peroxide/sun treatments do seem to help with cancer.  I haven't done it myself enough to absolutely swear by it, there may be negative side effects that we haven't found yet, and it certainly isn't a cure, but it does seem to have potential.  The ponies I've used it on did't lose their spots completely, but sure looked a lot better. The spots seem to darken a bit after the pony is removed from the peroxide.

I talk about Tickles here:   [size=78%]http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/mycollection2.html[/size]    You'll have to scroll down some.  Sorry, the photos aren't very good.

I call her spots mold on the site because they had dark spots in the middle, but it could be cancer, kind of hard to tell the difference.  Her spots are definitely there but she looks much better than before and there are no dark spots in the centers of the blotches.

Confetti's body has yellowed up some but the brown blotches on him are still mostly gone.  I don't think he had cancer as much as some kind of stain.

I  don't know if that will help with your pony.  Even though her spots darkened up some she looks much better than at first.  Let me know how it goes, I'd like some more info on how this method works for people.
Well reading your page, I'm now watering down the peroxide but I don't need much for a baby pony anyway XD I'll be sure to give as much detail as I can when I'm finally done with her

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 02:47:40 PM »
Well reading your page, I'm now watering down the peroxide but I don't need much for a baby pony anyway XD I'll be sure to give as much detail as I can when I'm finally done with her
[/quote]

Thanks!  :)  The only reason I had it watered down was because I didn't have enough peroxide to cover the whole pony.  Templeflower, who told me about the technique in the first place, was doing the same thing for the same reason.  The cost of that stuff adds up after awhile.  I haven't tried it with straight peroxide yet.  I intend do at some point far in the future when I find time to work on more restores.  Far, far, in the future.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 03:13:03 PM »
Well I can tell you, FarDreamer, those first and second round photos were mostly straight peroxide and sun XD So it made a big difference is lightening the spots at least

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal