collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bow-Tie Variant?  (Read 490 times)

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Bow-Tie Variant?
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »
Hii,

I currently have 3 Bow Tie's, an Italian one, a French one and now I have one from Hong Kong.. Now, aren't they supossed to be somewhat the same color? My HK one is light blue minty, her bows are white (which are probably faded) so I popped off her head, but the is the same color on the inside.

Don't mind her hair, she will get new hair :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kitten Mittens

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bow-Tie Variant?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »
G1s are far too numerous to be my forté but I can hazard a guess that what you have is a Peruvian variant with some seriously faded hair. They're on the mintier side of blue and also have original white bows from what I can gather.

A stab in the dark I know but I hope it helps.

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 10:39:37 PM »
Do Peruvian Ponies have a Hong Kong stamp?  :)  Her bows don't look faded to me, but I know that her bows can fade to a complete white color

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 10:49:41 PM »
Peru Bowtie is very dark blue & has Peru stamped under her feet. That is definitely not a Peru Bowtie. ;) What you have appears to be a regular Hong Kong Bowtie that is very faded. Her pink hair does not typically fade, so considering her hair & body color, I would guess that she was left outside for a few years to be faded that much. Hong Kong Bowtie does come in a darker & lighter blue, as well as straight & curly hair. Her bows should be pink, but it's very common to find them faded to white.

Edit to add:
I have most of my ponies catalogued on their own Facebook page. If you take a look at the collection link in my signature, I have a Peru Bowtie pictured in the Peru album. :bigups:

Also, there's a lot of variation of body color between Bowties from all over the world. :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:54:03 PM by kitkatvintage »

Kitten Mittens

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Peru Bowtie is very dark blue & has Peru stamped under her feet. That is definitely not a Peru Bowtie. ;) What you have appears to be a regular Hong Kong Bowtie that is very faded. Her pink hair does not typically fade, so considering her hair & body color, I would guess that she was left outside for a few years to be faded that much. Hong Kong Bowtie does come in a darker & lighter blue, as well as straight & curly hair. Her bows should be pink, but it's very common to find them faded to white.
Oops, I missed that in my earnestness to compare photographs.
Dang that is one faded pony.

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
I kinda like her faded look  ^.^  Makes her look different, I wasn't expecting her to be anything rare. But I was just wondering what happened to her to become this minty. She'll look so pretty with white hair!  :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 11:38:21 PM »
I agree that your HK Bow Tie is faded - that can happen even internally as its a damage to the plastic and the colours bleaching out. Her hair has clearly faded over time and she even looks to have yellowed slightly. Unfortunately I would say it is just age and exposure to different environments. That combined with the fact she has a tendency to vary in colours depending on batch/manufacture means she can be all over the blue spectrum sometimes :P

She is still lovely though - I like her in that pastel shade.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »
Lots of the earlier year ponies have severe fading issues like this one.  Plus there are so many variations in the different batches of vinyl, it's almost impossible to get two ponies from separate production batches to look identical.    Congrats on your new BowTie!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 11:31:52 AM »
ooooh she faded into the most beautiful color!

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 07:15:21 PM »
I know!  :biggrin: I really like it, in the pictures I would have never quessed it would be a bowtie (going by color, since she was in a lot) Hopefully I have enough white hair to rehair her  ^.^

Brings me to a question, I have a French Cotton Candy, with a haircut.... to rehair or to leave her hair cut

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 08:17:33 PM »
I know!  :biggrin: I really like it, in the pictures I would have never quessed it would be a bowtie (going by color, since she was in a lot) Hopefully I have enough white hair to rehair her  ^.^

Brings me to a question, I have a French Cotton Candy, with a haircut.... to rehair or to leave her hair cut

A large factor is going to depend on how bad it is. But personally due to her value and rarity, I would probably leave her as is. She is likely to devalue more with the rehair than with the hair cut.

However, she is your pony so if you prefer her rehaired then go for it :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline PrincessKelliee

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 09:00:24 PM »
That's what I thought too, I don't want her to drop down in price. plus, I kinda like her hair cut  ^.^ Although I was kinda bummed when she arrived, the picture was unclear and I didn't know her hair was cut. She has a bob now  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal