collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Matches for headswaps?  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
Matches for headswaps?
« on: July 22, 2022, 06:37:35 AM »
Hi guys! I need some help. I am making a custom project where I am creating dolls of Ariels sisters. However, I dont like the disney bodies, the legs feel tacky and dont bend, even the ones with bendable knees cant sit without spreading their legs far too much to wear a tail. I have seen some jointed Barbie fashionista dolls that seem to fit the bill but I am not familiar with which dolls have a skin tone match with Ariel.... The only doll I was able to get ahold of was a Raquelle doll and she was far too dark. The only dolls I know from barbie with a match are new asian dolls, but the new dolls are a bit too realistic in their body shape, Id like the hour glass shape that match with the movie.
Does anybody know any doll lighter than Raquelle that would make a nice match? 

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Matches for headswaps?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 10:44:24 PM »
Hi guys! I need some help. I am making a custom project where I am creating dolls of Ariels sisters. However, I dont like the disney bodies, the legs feel tacky and dont bend, even the ones with bendable knees cant sit without spreading their legs far too much to wear a tail.

It is a rather annoying thing how the hip joint sockets are made in the Disney Store dolls. Even the extra jointed ballerina style ones have that.

My first question is which Ariel doll are you using as your reference skin tone?
My second question is what are you using for the heads of the sisters?

In general, Barbie dolls will typically always have a slightly tanner skin tone than Ariel/Disney Store dolls. Some of them can get close, however there still is just a shade difference. Which Raquelle doll was it, the "Life in the Dreamhouse" version or a different one?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal