collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 73056 times)

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #1440 on: February 09, 2024, 10:57:14 AM »
Oh Squirmy, so much is going on for you right now :( :hug:

Yes, get well everyone. I'm still having allergy issues but I don't think I'm sick.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 09, 2024, 03:52:07 PM »
 :hug: :hug:

to everyone not feeling well.  I'm still not feeling well either, but I'm trying to give it a couple of days before I go to the dr to see if it resolves itself without antibiotics.

Lately every time I say something about trying to make sure everything is in order my dad says "We appreciate you taking care of that."  It sounds really condescending to me for some reason.

My dad kept talking about putting my dog in a "cat suit."  It took me a while to figure out he was talking about a pet harness. Why can't he call things by the right names? I put it on the dog and she absolutely hated it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1442 on: February 09, 2024, 04:36:56 PM »
I was recording video for my YouTube channel and the boys that take my garbage for free were riding bikes outside. At first they were talking normally but then they were shouting and playing tag on the bikes, going down the sidewalk super fast. Then an adult came out and told them to be quiet but then they decided to play basketball and the sound of the ball was getting to me.

I quit the video. I might try again later.

I've noticed it's been very loud around here lately :( Not just kids but adults too. There was one guy far off who kept yelling the name 'Robert' over and over this afternoon. There were chainsaws running, cars going by with big mufflers, cars going by blasting music, people walking and talking loudly on their phones, dogs barking. It's always noisy. I hate it :(

edit: A new complaint. Imgur changed the way you upload images and now getting the correct link takes an additional step.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:58:11 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 09, 2024, 07:10:35 PM »
Today was finally payday, but I ran my cbecking account so low that I still have to watch my budget very closely.

This isn't so much a complaint as it is a weird thing that happened, but I don't know where else to post this. 

A woman rang our doorbell and said she was here to pick up the lawnmower she paid for.  My mom tried to tell her that we didn't have a lawn mower for sale and that she must have the wrong address. The woman said she paid $100 to a guy named Nat for the lawnmower and he told her to come to our address.  We don't know anyone named Nat and feel bad that the lady probably got scammed out of her money.  The lady said she had no way to contact the person that sold her the lawnmower.
 My dad said she seemed a little confused.  There is a street very similar to ours that people often mix up with ours.   I hope there isn't someone out that there that is deliberately giving our address out and pocketing the money.

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1444 on: February 09, 2024, 09:52:50 PM »
Oh no. I hope the lady just got the street wrong and didn't get scammed. You may notice if any more come to you asking for things they bought.

My heel has a big crack again that's deep. I have a terrible limp right now. I'm glad I have a long weekend off. Hopefully it's healed a bit until monday.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: February 10, 2024, 06:34:08 AM »
I closed the page before I was typing and now I have to start over.  :argh: :argh: :argh:

I'm hoping the lady got the street wrong too and didn't get scammed.  If more people start showing up saying they bought items and were told to come to our address, my parents are going to call the police.  Once could be an honest mistake, but not twice.

My mom was getting on my case last night not for not logging in to Hulu for a few months.  The last time I tried to log in the website said my login was blocked.  I called Customer Service, and they assured me it was some kind of glitch.  I haven't logged in again since then.  I've thought about it, but I get distracted and forget.  I've tried to explain to my mom that sometimes I'm so exhausted from work that I don't want to deal with tying to log on to streaming sites (all of them, not just Hulu). I also told her that I thought we've been super busy lately.  She said that we haven't been so busy that I couldn't find a few moments to try to log in to Hulu.   I even told her that a few days ago, no one could get in to Hulu because everyone that tried was told their login was wrong, even it was correct. 

I also have very important paperwork that I need to get ready to fax.

:sigh: 

Ponyfan

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1446 on: February 10, 2024, 11:24:22 AM »
Urg, my stomach is not happy.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 11, 2024, 09:59:37 AM »
I have two sudoku magazines. One in the livingroom and one in my ponyroom/office. While I'm dancing through the difficult level on the one in the office I have a hard time solving the medium ones in the livingroom one. Like, could the people making these puzzles agree on the hardness of each level?

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 11, 2024, 07:11:32 PM »
We had snow this morning.  Everything was cancelled so I put a movie on.  It seemed like my parents didn't like the movie much as my dad got up about halfway through it and my mom started doing other things while watching it.  If I did that, I'd be told that I should wait until after the movie's over. 

My dad was expecting an Amazon package today. I'm pretty sure they called all the drivers back once the weather got bad.  This happened once before when a sudden heavy rainstorm came out of nowhere and the drivers were forced to quit early.  The package my dad was waiting for came the next day.

My throat is really sore.   :sick: I took a covid test and it was negative.

Ponyfan

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 11, 2024, 09:11:46 PM »
It's below 20 degrees C today and I'm working on the cold commuter train! I've packed my wool socks and my big termos! :brr::coffee: Here's hoping my bike wont break down on my way to work.

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1450 on: February 11, 2024, 09:28:44 PM »
I placed on order with Walmart.com for some shirts and pants that were on sale. The order was delayed for 3 days and I just got a text saying it was cancelled :mad:

They'll refund me, but I really needed those clothes, dangit.

edit, later: Just overheard the neighbors strike a deal to breed their dogs. They literally just met. As per their conversation, the female is a labrador/beagle mix, the male is a labradoodle. They are both a year old. Some choice quotes:
"Is he fixed?" "No." "She isn't either." "We should breed them"
"They like each other! Too bad she's not in heat."
"We should take them on some play dates together."
"I live right over there, so anytime."
"They'll have such cute puppies."

I'm just... honestly, sick to my stomach. To plan something so easily. It's like they didn't even consider the millions of dogs in shelters or the medical/physical background of the dogs OR the complications that can come with pregnancy. Plus, I think the dogs are too young. I just don't get it.

I had an accidental litter of dwarf hamsters once. Both parents were ruby-eyed mottled. Ruby-eyed mottled should never, ever be bred. The babies have so many problems including being born without eyes and teeth. Drusy had 7 babies. One was an eyeless toothless white. I tried to keep her fed but she died. Then one by one the other babies started dying. Chip lived the longest, at 9 months. Drusy lived to be old and she was so sweet and cuddly. I was sorry that she had to go through all of that.

They were hamsters. But these people are intentionally going to breed their dogs. It makes my head spin and my heart hurt :(
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 06:32:53 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 12, 2024, 03:45:43 PM »
Turns out my sore throat is strep throat.  On top of that I also have pinkeye.  I'm pretty sure I got the strep throat at work since there was at least one person that had it that took one day off last week but returned the next day. I wasn't in close contact with the coworker that was there one day, missed the next day and returned the third day, but we were in the same room for a for minutes. 

Ponyfan

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 12, 2024, 04:18:28 PM »
 *warning pet death trigger warning*

Spoiler
my cat had a stroke and couldn't move his back end.  after two long nights of watching over him and cleaning him, he stopped eating or drinking and finally started having seizures.  so my husband had to call me to leave work early to drive to the vet... and some jerk almost ran us off the road and tried to side swipe us on the freeway on the way there!!! 

oh and I have to take husband to the hospital surgery unit super early tomorrow so this was like the last thing I wanted to deal with!!! now I have to clean the whole house and pack up the cat things...

I really don't have the "spoons" to deal with this ... I'm numb and trying to cry but it's not working.  of course my child is overwhelmed because he's the only cat she has ever known and he loved her a lot.  and husband is completely inconsolable which is NOT what we need for him before the surgery.

also Cat watched Ghostbusters Afterlife with us last night LOL   so that was kind of fitting .

and now we are waiting for the aqua-cremation service to come pick up the body and transform it back to nature.  then we get a little urn back :)  Bearie always liked baths and water so it's fitting.  He was not like any other cat I have ever known.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 12, 2024, 09:56:39 PM »
On my gosh lovesbabysquirmy, what an awful day! I am so sorry you are having to deal with so much emotionally right now. Losing a pet is always difficult, and to have a loved one going through surgery is always nerve wracking. May Bearie rest in peace and I am sending good thoughts your way for the surgery! I’m sure everything will go well!

I had a frustrating day all around. My water heater finally died this weekend and caused a huge leak. The unit is out in my storage shed, so thankfully most of the water damage is outside and should just dry out. All of the stuff in my shed sits on shelves, so thankfully nothing was ruined either. There was some water in my closet that shares a wall with the shed, but the walls didn’t feel soggy and minus one piece on the vinyl starting to lift the floor looks okay too. It could have been much, much worse.

Anyway, I didn’t even try and call around yesterday because I figured the rates would be higher with the Super Bowl. I started calling around for quotes today and man, I know these places are probably busy but the sporadic communication has been a nightmare. The first company I contacted was super quick to offer to come out and do the work, but when I asked for a quote first they basically went radio silent. They said a supervisor would call me back, but after 3 hours nothing. I called again in case they forgot me and was told the supervisor works in the field too and he was on a call, they couldn’t tell me when he would call back. I finally just cancelled the whole thing after about 7 hours of nothing. While waiting for them I started calling other companies and they didn’t even answer the phone.

Later in the day I started getting calls back on my voicemails. One company gave me a decent quote and called back pretty quick, so I booked them off the bat out of panic since I wasn’t having much luck elsewhere. They said they would come tomorrow morning, but never gave me a set time. Not long after that, another independent contractor, who was supposed to be on vacation actually was the only other one to call back and said although he couldn’t do the work, he could recommend other plumbers in his price range, which was about $500 cheaper than the people I booked with. The second guy seemed promising and said he probably couldn’t get me in tomorrow, but would try for Wednesday. He said he’d text me back to confirm, but I never got anything back from him. I ended up canceling the more expensive company because I’d rather wait for the savings, but now I’m having second thoughts… I’ve spent all of my day off on the phone. I WORK in a call center, this isn’t how I wanted to spend my day off! >_<

In the middle of all of this chaos I was attempting to swap out my earrings and my flipping ear started bleeding! It’s been like 4 months since I got them pierced so I was concerned to see blood at this point. I ran over to the place where I got them pierced and told them what happened, but thankfully the guy took a look at my ears and said they looked healthy and that I probably just irritated it. I did have to really tug at the backs of my other earrings to get them out, so I suppose that’s possible. I’m just bummed out that my ears still aren’t all the way healed and I can’t change out my earrings easily. The guy told me some people’s ears can take up to a year to really heal. I’m starting to think I may be one of those lucky people. :(

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 13, 2024, 04:16:22 AM »
Really??? How callous of that jerk, & at the WORST TIME!!!
Squirmy  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal