collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 599
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 15  (Read 34444 times)

Kobold

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 15
« Reply #1005 on: March 10, 2013, 05:06:05 PM »
I guess Skelita is old news for you guys, but...I FINALLY FOUND HER! Walked down the toy aisle and some woman was holding her. I excitedly asked if there was another one and she just looked at me, blinked and handed it over. She said I looked too excited not to, and that it was like watching a kid at christmas. SO HAPPY! Now I need Jinafire and PD Cleo to show up and we're good!

That's so sweet!

I don't have her yet - I didn't have the money when she came out and was abundant, and now that I have a few dollars to spare all they have left at the shop I went to were Ghouls Alive and first wave CAMs.  :cry:   Toys are never available long enough! sigh.

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #1006 on: March 10, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »
Today, I bought Venus McFlytrap at a Wal-mart. She's my first MH doll.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's fantastic and so is her li'l "land piranha". ;)

I've had my eye on Rochelle and Venus since autumn but money's been low because my job (house cleaning) becomes slow in the last half of autumn and all winter. So I waited for good times to get those girls. Sometime I'll get a hold of Rochelle. I'm fascinated by Venus flytraps (I have some of my own that I'm hoping are hibernating instead of dead. Guess I'll know when the warm weather is here to stay if they'll wake up) and I keep a dozen plants in my room so Venus was totally a MH doll for me.

It's kind of odd Venus likes wearing shoes. From reading her backcard, she's like Pocahontas with her appreciation for nature and I'd think she'd prefer to walk around barefoot.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:25:32 PM by Beachball »

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 10, 2013, 05:26:03 PM »
Congrats on buying your first doll! <3

I was just reading through this thread.. is the Deuce plushie rare? :o There's quite a few left in my local TRU, they've been warming the shelves for literally months now. I didn't realize they'd been released so long ago :O

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 10, 2013, 05:29:53 PM »
Slightly ot, but has anyone seen the new Bratzillas? They have build a witch! It is a direct rip off of CAM. On the back of the packages, they advertize their new web series. >.<
~Foxtale~

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #1009 on: March 10, 2013, 05:45:18 PM »
Slightly ot, but has anyone seen the new Bratzillas? They have build a witch! It is a direct rip off of CAM. On the back of the packages, they advertize their new web series. >.<
Yep! I only want their pets which fortunately can be bought separate from the girls. :lol: I especially want the bushy-haired voo doo doll and the pegasus pony with pilot goggles.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:53:30 PM by Beachball »

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 10, 2013, 07:10:10 PM »
What a MH photoshoot I had today! I spent two hours and forty minutes in the woodsy area covered in snow in my friend's backyard. By the time I came in, I was so soaked that I had to put my clothes in his dryer! (Not to mention the fact that my butt was numb and cold for two hours afterward! Much of the shoot involved me getting down and dirty in the snow!)

It was far more challenging that I expected it to be. Aside from the getting soaked part, there were issues with the camera constantly slipping into the snow and uncooperative models! I saved my favorite model for last, and she did the best by far. I kinda wished I had left the others at home and just had her modelling all the clothes herself! The photos of her just blew me away. It was like all the other models were "trying" to model, but everything she did seemed to be effortless. Now to sort through 208 photos!

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 10, 2013, 07:14:06 PM »
What a MH photoshoot I had today! I spent two hours and forty minutes in the woodsy area covered in snow in my friend's backyard. By the time I came in, I was so soaked that I had to put my clothes in his dryer! (Not to mention the fact that my butt was numb and cold for two hours afterward! Much of the shoot involved me getting down and dirty in the snow!)

It was far more challenging that I expected it to be. Aside from the getting soaked part, there were issues with the camera constantly slipping into the snow and uncooperative models! I saved my favorite model for last, and she did the best by far. I kinda wished I had left the others at home and just had her modelling all the clothes herself! The photos of her just blew me away. It was like all the other models were "trying" to model, but everything she did seemed to be effortless. Now to sort through 208 photos!

Holy photos!!! Can't wait to see :)

jennovazombie

« Reply #1012 on: March 11, 2013, 06:05:19 AM »
Saturday I went out to the walmart by my parent's house, because it was always so overstocked with MH dolls. Well someone had gone through and cleared it out! Hubby thinks a scalper went through, there were boxcutters and nailclippers on the shelf by where the dolls were, and packaging was everywhere. We let a stocker know about it and then left. :( Looks like no sig Robecca (that hair!) for me.
Tomorrow though, we have to go to the mall to get my Starcraft 2 game so I'll stop by Toys R us and see if they have the 2 pack or the werecat pack. :3 Hubby promised me at least one set tomorrow and maybe one next week if we have the extra cash.

animal_lover

« Reply #1013 on: March 11, 2013, 11:41:29 AM »
Saturday I went out to the walmart by my parent's house, because it was always so overstocked with MH dolls. Well someone had gone through and cleared it out! Hubby thinks a scalper went through, there were boxcutters and nailclippers on the shelf by where the dolls were, and packaging was everywhere. We let a stocker know about it and then left. :( Looks like no sig Robecca (that hair!) for me.
Tomorrow though, we have to go to the mall to get my Starcraft 2 game so I'll stop by Toys R us and see if they have the 2 pack or the werecat pack. :3 Hubby promised me at least one set tomorrow and maybe one next week if we have the extra cash.

The Kmart I go to always has signature Robecca's if you'd like me to pick one up for you. Let me know!

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 11, 2013, 01:37:37 PM »

People really do this? Steal dolls from packages at stores I mean, not that your hubby promised a MH set :) (I wish mine did!). How don't they get caught, especially if they unbox the dolls there. They are on the security cameras though right?

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 11, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »
I need that Lagoona like yesterday!!! <3
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

WildLace

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:01:21 PM by WildLace »

faunabay

« Reply #1018 on: March 11, 2013, 02:26:27 PM »
The Monster High Dolls Facebook group just posted pictures of PD Lagoona in box:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=563273217039357&set=a.500865929946753.121931.215479355152080&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=563273247039354&set=a.500865929946753.121931.215479355152080&type=3&permPage=1

Isn't she suppose to have fish net or opaque tights on??
The fishnet tights are on her wave 2 release.  I've always seen these pants with this release. 

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 11, 2013, 02:26:41 PM »
Love that Lagoona :heart: I just saw those pics on tumblr too, they're originally from this toy shop and they also have up the rest of PD wave 2 (though no in-box shots of them), plus the single GNOs. I'm loving the higher-res versions of the GNO promos! :nod:

And the release dates say April for PD wave 2, and July for GNO!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal