collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?  (Read 11933 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: What do you wanna see in the G5 toy line?
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2019, 08:34:53 PM »
Want neon colors brought back.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2019, 08:57:42 PM »
I want neon colours, and ponies with multicoloured hair where each colour has some contrast to the other. Contrast, contrast, contrast.

G4s nine times out of ten have solid-coloured hair or have bi-coloured hair that's like.... pink and slightly lighter pink. Like Sunny Rays, Pretzel, Coloratura, Coco Pommel, Cheerilee, Shining Armour... I'm running out of fingers to count on. None of these ponies have any different colours in their hair... we need more ponies like Lulu Luck or Feathermay.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2019, 02:21:06 AM »
Well... since we have already seen the G5 designs... I'm going to go ahead and start ducking fakies now when I say G6.  :D
 :gallop:

:lmao:

I want them to be ponies again.

No cloven hooves or donkey tails for the unicorns.

Good QC: Nice plastic, thick, silky hair, no wonky eyes or symbols, no crapping out their tails. The tail goes ABOVE the butt  Hasbroken, not IN the butthole.

Wide variety of characters.

Minimal focus on main characters. The occasional re-release is fine, but don't do it like 3.5-4 ever again!

More then one or two hair colors.

Symbol and pose variety.

All species. Earth ponies, pegasus, unicorns, sea ponies, flutter ponies, merponies, wingers, breezies, unipegs, bat ponies.

Distinct new sets.

Returning sets with new ponies, So-Softs, Twinkle Eyes, Pearlies, Jewel Ponies, Water Cuties, etc.

Boys in a wide variety of colors and no chopped manes. Its ridiculous.

A wide variety of colors and hues. Wanna see neon colors again.

Bigger. G1 or G3 sized.

Families.

i vote for bat ponies

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2019, 03:45:16 AM »
I know some of these have been said already but:

- More characters
- The ponies being bigger, maybe G3-sized
- 3D cutie marks
- No more silly mohawks on boy ponies
- Better hair quality overall
- Better proportions and no more g4.5 type noodle legs (I have one g4.5 pony and can't stand her up)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2019, 05:11:06 PM »
I saw that Cutie Mark Crew ponies now have brushable hair.  At this rate (no new news) I'd say Cutie Mark Crew IS G5
 :yikes:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2019, 05:39:43 PM »
I saw that Cutie Mark Crew ponies now have brushable hair.  At this rate (no new news) I'd say Cutie Mark Crew IS G5
 :yikes:

Nah. This gen isn't done yet. I'm both curious and apprehensive about g5. At this point as long as the toys are nice, I don't give a crap about the show.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2019, 03:49:09 AM »
At this point as long as the toys are nice, I don't give a crap about the show.

Agree!

It may also be difficult to tell where one gen ends and another begins since they appear to be basically the same anyway.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightmareRara

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
    • LiveWire Studios
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2019, 10:01:36 AM »

Nightmare Rara, MLP IS girly. Period the End. :mad:  The mistake is thinking that girly can only be bad, shallow and vapid. Girly has proven to be thoughtful, good and adventurous many times in the past.

Hey, I didn't mean to get anyone angry! XD
It's just that in modern society gender isn't just what body parts your born with anymore, and if people who aren't female want to enjoy MLP then it should be allowed. We shouldn't have to be afraid of getting bullied. And I just think it's the big brands that started this idea of girls and boys being a certain way. I don't want any drama! ^^
こんにちは  :devious:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2019, 10:17:05 AM »

Nightmare Rara, MLP IS girly. Period the End. :mad:  The mistake is thinking that girly can only be bad, shallow and vapid. Girly has proven to be thoughtful, good and adventurous many times in the past.

It's just that in modern society gender isn't just what body parts your born with anymore, and if people who aren't female want to enjoy MLP then it should be allowed. We shouldn't have to be afraid of getting bullied. And I just think it's the big brands that started this idea of girls and boys being a certain way. I don't want any drama! ^^

Did I say we should bully them or that no one but girls should be allowed to like it? No. I said it is Girly and Girly is not bad. It is still made for and geared towards girls. To deny that is as silly as saying that boys can't like girly stuff.

Transformers is Boyish and geared for boys. But Boyish is not automatically bad and girls enjoy it too.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:20:26 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline NightmareRara

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
    • LiveWire Studios
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2019, 10:19:29 AM »

Did I say we should bully them or that no one but girls should be allowed to like it? No. I said it is Girly and Girly is not bad.

Transformers is a Boyish, but Boyish is not automatically bad and girls enjoy it too.
I don't recall saying it was bad, it's just that I don't like the fact that most people think MLP is for girls of a certain age and Hasbro played a big part in letting that happen.
こんにちは  :devious:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2019, 10:20:52 AM »

Did I say we should bully them or that no one but girls should be allowed to like it? No. I said it is Girly and Girly is not bad.

Transformers is a Boyish, but Boyish is not automatically bad and girls enjoy it too.
I don't recall saying it was bad, it's just that I don't like the fact that most people think MLP is for girls of a certain age and Hasbro played a big part in letting that happen.

But it is geared towards girls.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »

I think the term girly should be banned, since it almost entirely carries negative connitations and there's no way to distinguish it from "aimed at girls".

It's like "hits like a girl"
"Big girl's blouse"
etc.

Girl = negative and weak thus girly = negative and weak.

Though FIM is full of those stereotypical things "girls like" like fashion and parties and pink...

It's actually not wrong that it should be, so much as the people denying its there in an attempt to deny FIM's "girliness" as a weak thing.

G1 was also aimed at girls but I feel there were so many parallel canons going on that there was enough scope for independent imagination and a different kind of girly to come forth. When the concept is strangled by an animated series/canon that dominates, like G4 has been, its hard to have the leeway to create your own "girly" outside of the negative definition.

I would never have been into MLP had it truly been the tea party fest some bronies have tagged it as. I was in it for invading zombie overlords and the window abseiling competitions that my ponies experienced.

The problem is the term. We really need to be able to re-empower "girly" as it is always used as a slight.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2019, 03:35:15 PM »
:iconclap:

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2019, 05:29:26 PM »
G4 was fine as a toyline but it had flaws. I understand that the show sells toys and therefore the toyline will be very reflective of what kids will see and want. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF CELESTIA DON'T LET G5 MAKE COUNTLESS VERSIONS OF THE SAME SIX TOYS AGAIN.

Other than that I'm hoping for:

- Better playsets. I don't think any of the G4 playsets hold up to the Paradise Estate,the G2 castle or even the Celebration castle.
- More variety! G1 was best for this but more species and some male ponies.
- Bigger and sturdier. More G1 and G3. I cannot bear the weird G4.5 ponies out right now.

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2019, 11:46:26 AM »
I personally like the unicorns looking more like traditional unicorns.  So yes to the cloven hooves and lions tails for me!  I also enjoy the kirin, sea ponies, hippogriffs, etc that G4 introduced, so I would like to see those in G5 as well.

However, I HATE the mohawks for the boys.  G1 boy ponies were perfect in my opinion.
I also do not want another Core 7, Mane 6, whatever they want to call it.  I can only have so many sets of the same ponies before I go mad.  Variety is the spice of life after all!
If the ponies could be closer in size to the G1/G3 toys I would enjoy that greatly.  I don't mind a few of the lines being smaller, but I want the main line to be larger.
And if I can only get one wish, I want the symbols to be on both sides.  Please, Hasbro, just give me that!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal