collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 141874 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #1275 on: May 12, 2018, 02:15:39 AM »
I'm ready to buy one.  Still holding out hope a release will include Wind Whistler.  Please, just give me this.

Same. I'd love to see the full UK Movie Stars set!

Me too, since Shady was a very precious member of my childhood collection. But they'd have a job to get her the right shade of brightness.

I don't think we'll get any non-US sets released. It's a shame but I think it is the case. It already annoys me that merchandise featuring Princess Amethyst here has suddenly developed the annoying habit of using the name 'Sparkle', which first happened with the Dollymix and continues into current merchandise clothing. It shows that Hasbro UK's own knowledge has basically died under pressure from either online pony information or more likely Hasbro USA's information set.

They did say they were looking at ID websites and stuff with all of this, but the fact is that most websites only care about the US mainstream and shove all the non-US ponies away in a separate category of weird at the end. That means they're probably not looking at those ponies. They're probably only looking at what they think are the "main ponies" everyone had, because they're most well known and likely to be successful.

Mind you, if it gets Medley and Glory to the UK at last, I'll live with it :) It's not like anything could replace or surpass my childhood Shady anyway. And the set would have to include Paradise for me to be satisfied, anyway, because we got cheated out of her. And possibly Ribbon and Lofty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: May 12, 2018, 05:30:12 AM »
I am now struggling to decide if I will debox them, as many of my collection pieces have become MIB.  Or will I buy two and open one?  AUGH the pain of these decisions... and if I can get a Plum rewards score out of the purchase, I will!  ;D

I vote buy two and open one. That is what I would do if they came here.  :) Which we have been told they won't.

I have only opened to sunlight, the other two yes I have opened the box, but I have not unpacked them

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 12, 2018, 06:39:58 AM »

They did say they were looking at ID websites and stuff with all of this, but the fact is that most websites only care about the US mainstream and shove all the non-US ponies away in a separate category of weird at the end. That means they're probably not looking at those ponies. They're probably only looking at what they think are the "main ponies" everyone had, because they're most well known and likely to be successful.

Them looking into interests is good news, but at the same time I'm a little surprised they (claim they) did. The first couple of G1 sets may be iconic with them starting a popular toyline and all, but if they indeed researched the g1 line extensively, they'd find much more popular characters, poses, cute gimmicks and color combinations than the ones that have been rereleased already just a few years ago. Granted, in lesser quality, but still.

I would have focused on the '86 movie & tv series characters, especially now that the complete series is available on DVD. Maybe even invest in a touch up of the old movie and include it in the box of some ponies. But I do understand that the risk was probably too high for them to go for a grand scale relaunch.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 12, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »
I imagine they were always going to begin with the same ones they released previously.

I think it's hard in Europe to understand how iconic the Collector ponies were or were not as we didn't get them flung at us for years through MO after the original release like the US and such did.

In the UK for example they were sold in those original sets but for most people they aren't naturally connected together. Blossom and CC go more with Bubbles's set, Butterscotch with the Gymkhana...

Rainbow Ponies are certainly iconic here. But a lot of the iconic characters here from the early years weren't sold here so it's hard to really judge. I would say Medley and Firefly are still more iconic in the UK than Gypsy and Honeycomb although the former were not sold here and the latter were. For most of Europe this is again different as a lot of those early US ponies were sold in some form.

But most mainstream website begin with the 'collector ponies'.

And honestly, they said that they looked at our ID sites. Not that they went browsing around our fan sites and discussions looking at popularity polls (which we don't generally hold and which none of us would agree on anyway xD).

For me if the US-centric approach means getting y2 and 3 unicorns and pegasus ponies and maybe y3 rainbow ponies I personally don't mind. I would love it if this release meant the UK getting the stuff it didn't get originally ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 12, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »
My Target seems to be getting more sets in. Today they had 2 Mintys 2 Blossoms and 1 Cotton Candy.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 12, 2018, 01:37:44 PM »
I am so delighted to have found some of the original 6 in Hawaii!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 12, 2018, 01:41:43 PM »
Hang on, people. Someone let Loa out of NZ. She's roaming the world looking for ponies. Nobody is safe O.O
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 12, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »

How awesome! Who did you get?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 12, 2018, 08:29:21 PM »
My Target which has them on an end cap had them restocked. Everyone but Blue Belle which I'm so glad I got her when I did. There's something magical seeing them in the stores again. As is the other retro toys, I can finally have a Care Bear!

My family didn't have money for toys per say so I had a knock off Birthday Bear. He looked legit except for being the wrong color and his tummy. There was "happy birthday" in spanish on it. :shocked: :huh:  :lol:

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 13, 2018, 06:41:26 AM »
My Target which has them on an end cap had them restocked. Everyone but Blue Belle which I'm so glad I got her when I did. There's something magical seeing them in the stores again. As is the other retro toys, I can finally have a Care Bear!

My family didn't have money for toys per say so I had a knock off Birthday Bear. He looked legit except for being the wrong color and his tummy. There was "happy birthday" in spanish on it. :shocked: :huh:  :lol:

Did you grab a Care Bear?

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 13, 2018, 12:59:03 PM »

I will next weekend when I have money for it. So far they've only had Share Bear and that's fine with me.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 13, 2018, 01:34:09 PM »

I will next weekend when I have money for it. So far they've only had Share Bear and that's fine with me.

I love the original Share Bear.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 14, 2018, 03:21:24 AM »
I'm ready to buy one.  Still holding out hope a release will include Wind Whistler.  Please, just give me this.

Who are you getting Al?
Probably Starshine, Glory, Moondancer, and Medley so far.

Releasing the Movie Star ponies would be a good way to break into the So Softs since they are six of the more popular and well known characters of that massive set.  And they their colors and symbol designs are more accurate the prototypes (which were used for the media).
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 14, 2018, 07:18:53 AM »

Who are you getting Al?

Releasing the Movie Star ponies would be a good way to break into the So Softs since they are six of the more popular and well known characters of that massive set.  And they their colors and symbol designs are more accurate the prototypes (which were used for the media).

Always a good choice.

Movie ponies could be:
Wind Whistler
Baby Lickety-split
Gusty
Shady
Buttons
Queen Rosedust
Morning Glory
Magic Star
Fizzy
Sweet Stuff
North Star
Lofty

Am I missing anyone?

I'd also love for them to release the Tales ponies. As a kid I wished they'd made them. As an adult I'd like to add Teddy, Ace, Lancer, Jing-a-ling, Ting-a-ling, Miss Hackney, and Meadowlark.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:48:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 14, 2018, 08:28:11 AM »

I’d love to see how the  So Softs would look re-released....
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal